Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-25-20, 03:14 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I need to try the yoga first (so expect to hear from me later this week). Just kidding; I might actually like it.
I honestly hope you do like it.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 03:31 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I did Pump Upper Body and the Bonus Core and Stretch. It's great when you want a short upper body strength workout that doesn't have a lot of sets and reps of each exercise. Cathe goes very heavy on some of the exercises (like 35 pound dumbbells ). Cathe does some new and unique exercises on this DVD. I will definitely try this one again.
I loved the looks of this one upon preview. I plan to do it today.
Old 10-25-20, 05:27 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Sue, what didn't you like about it?
I think I was expecting it to be more on the ground and relaxing. It started out standing and then doing some side lunges and all I wanted to do was sit down .

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 06:32 PM  
fitgirl-atx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecififi View Post
I did Cathe's new mobility workout today and her abs bonus workout. I really enjoyed them both. I needed a rest day today so this was a really good stretch for me.
I also tried the mobility workout today, and I loved it! I plan to make this part of my weekly routine. I haven't tried any of the other workouts yet.

Laugh Often. Love Unconditionally. Live Beautifully.
DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos. I have also appeared as a cast member in a fitness DVD series. For details, please see my profile.
fitgirl-atx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 06:32 PM  
gigi

I did the Upper Body + Upper Body Bonus Premix. I liked that the bonus exercises were incorporated into the workout and not just tacked onto the end. I like this for the same reason I liked the lower body workout:
1. A variety of exercises done at a heavier weight without several sets or many reps of the same exercises.
2. The length of the workout.
3. It felt refreshing and a little bit different.
4. You can work up to heavier weights.

I needed ALL my weights from 3's to 30's on this one.

I also did the Low Impact HiiT and I liked it. It moved fast. There are not too many sets or reps of the same moves.

I also tried Mobility Basics. I enjoyed the music and it was nice to have time to flow a bit instead of rushing through static stretches. It felt good but you are still working. It felt good to do this coming off of a workout. If I did this cold, I may not be warmed up enough.
Old 10-25-20, 10:54 PM  
laurawd

Thoughts on High and Low Hiit and the Yoga:

I did the low impact HiiT the other day and was disappointed by the level of intensity. It is well-paced and a great production, but I felt like the drills were sort of more-of-the-same that are available in other videos/premixes... and my HR did not exceed 130 bpm (my threshold is 151) on any of the intervals.

When I did the High Impact this morning, I was prepared not to be as challenged as by other Cathe HiTs, but I was pleasantly surprised! Definitely a good, solid high intensity workout.

I also have completed the yoga section and was not enthralled. It's ok. I feel like there are a lot of better yoga options out there for 20-30 minutes.

The core bonus was easy.

These criticisms aside, I am soooo grateful and stunned by Cathe's professionalism and production. She is inventive and, IMO, the best video instructor out there. I've been with her since 1998.
laurawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 08:22 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I'm very proud of myself. I mustered all my patience and did 21 minutes of Mobility Basics before I Joni-O'd it this morning. I have many other DVDs that work on my mobility in a less cumbersome, more flowing and enjoyable manner. Sorry, Cathe.
Oh no! Joni O did a Joni O!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 08:54 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I did Cathe's Low Impact HIIT this morning and found it fresh and fun! She had several new moves in it plus some agility drills. My heartrate stayed in the 130's - 140's which is really good for a steady state cardio for me.

I'm going to try the High Impact HIIT but do lower impact substitutions. My knees just can't handle too much jumping anymore but I enjoy her workouts a lot and just make it work for me.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 08:57 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurawd View Post
I am soooo grateful and stunned by Cathe's professionalism and production. She is inventive and, IMO, the best video instructor out there. I've been with her since 1998.
Totally agree with you! She's my favorite instructor by far! And I've also been doing her workouts since 1999 or there about....
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 09:18 AM  
acey

I love Cathe - she was my first venture out into the worlds of step and strength after starting off my vidiocy with a year of nothing but Taebo. I have ALL her workouts.

However, I did 20 minutes of her High Impact and couldn't make it to the end because I could not stand the idea of doing one more burpee/squat thrust. There was just.so.many. It was like 3/4 of the the workout, supplemented by air jack after air jack after tuck jump. I wish she had thrown in some boxing moves and other cardio moves. Even mountain climbers (maybe they were there in the last 10 minutes, I dunno).

Now that I KNOW this is the case, I might someday do the workout again, mentally prepared. Maybe. I agree that it packs a good strong HIIT workout in 30 minutes; I just prefer, say, a TurboJam style HIIT for 30 minutes if I'm going to get constant variations on the same move.

Tags
cathe, cathe perfect30, dumbbell size, heels elevated, mbf, perfect 30, perfect flow, perfect30, perfect30 reviews