Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-13-20, 06:46 PM  
jbrigid
VF Supporter

YouTube workouts

Hello!
We are finally moving into the 21st century by buying a smart tv. I tried to do a search on the forum, but didn't get any results (it timed out) about Youtube instructors. So, the question is who besides Jessica Smith and Gina B do you all work out with? Not sure who would be worth the time to explore, so let me know what you think!

Thanks for all of your suggestions so far!

Joanne

PS...any prime video workout instructors as well. Technology is a wonderful thing!
Old 09-13-20, 06:54 PM  
sherry7899

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=226703

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-20, 08:10 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Barlates Body Blitz is a huge favorite around here. I’ve recently discovered Caroline Girvan (great HIIT workouts and decent dumbbell workouts some an hour some half hour or shorter). Pahla B Fitness is another favorite here. Nice low impact tailored for the fit over 50 crowd. I’m under 50 and like them just fine so age isn’t a factor since I don’t know where you’re at on that spectrum. If you like tough stuff Fit by Julia is one of the toughest. Fitness by Danielle is tough too. She’s a little spitfire and screeches fairly often so that might be a turn off. I personally like Stephanie Lauren’s channel. She the creator of Plyoga. Cardio Party Mashup Fitness has some fun stuff. She has monetized her channel though so commercials pop up at random.

Some other favorites around here that I haven’t used too much personally but are good are:

GymRa
Sydney Cummings
HASfit
Fitness Blender
Yvette Bachman (kind of like Cathe but her form for kettlebells and back work is atrocious)

That might give you a start anyway.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 05:25 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

There are many YT fitness channels out there, but honestly few have interested me enough that I keep going back to check on what they have uploaded.

Caroline Girvan is the only one that I watch regularly, someone else has mentioned her as well. She is from Northern Ireland, she has long videos, and short videos ranging from dumbell work to HIIT, she has kettlebell, resistance band, body weight and stability ball. There is no verbal instruction, she just plays music, has a countdown timer and a preview box on what is next. She usually uploads daily but just had a Q & A and is going to take a week break.

Her channel has really grown in just the few months she has had it, I discovered her in early August. I just really enjoy her content and it's very well done. She lifts heavy and at a slower pace which I like, and while she is super fit, she struggles and shows she is human too. She also color coordinates the graphics based on the colors in her outfit, very detail oriented. I am thinking of just doing her videos for a month and just see what it does.

Keoni Tamayo has some fun walking workouts with good music, and added an upper and lower body workout as well. I enjoy his content too.

Sydney Cummings has well done videos also, but hers are longer than what I like. I enjoy her personality though.

Jessica Smith of course has really good workouts and a huge variety, I also enjoy Jenny Ford for step.

There are a few that I personally haven't done but seem to be popular and look to have good content and a good variety, such as Pahla B and Angie Fitness TV.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 06:36 AM  
hocuspocus

Tracy Steen!!!!!!! "If nothing else move daily. "
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCy6XL6NxmC-93kb8IPN23LA
hocuspocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 09:14 AM  
jbrigid
VF Supporter

Wow!

Thanks for all of your ideas. That link has 18 pages of links. Very much appreciated, Sherry!

LOVE them!

Joanne
Old 09-14-20, 10:18 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrigid View Post
Thanks for all of your ideas. That link has 18 pages of links. Very much appreciated, Sherry!

LOVE them!

Joanne
You are welcome! I felt badly dumping a huge list like that without narrowing it down! I will post some of my favorites later. Do you enjoy yoga? I have a huge list of yoga suggestions

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 11:08 AM  
jbrigid
VF Supporter

Very limited Yoga

Any yoga for inflexible people would be appreciated!
Old 09-14-20, 02:50 PM  
horsemom2

Some mornings, I just open the youtube app and go wherever it leads me.
Lots of new workouts are added daily.

Some current links are on my blog:
http://neverendingplateau.blogspot.com/

I prefer walking and dance cardio with loud music or music only which I adapt to bouncing.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 04:33 PM  
bfit

I also recommend Barlates and Pahla B. I like Caroline Jordan too, but it's almost all oriented toward people who have to be in a chair or on the floor because of an injury - it's plenty strenuous though. If you search under "Be Fit" on You Tube you'll find a ton of stuff by different instructors, but it varies a lot in terms of quality of instruction. You can also look under "Bio" workouts which are pretty much the same deal - a lot of instructors with varying quality.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
you tube, youtube, youtube channels, youtube instructors, youtube workouts