Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-20-20, 10:32 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

That is awesome horusosiris! I'm so glad you're enjoying the program too! Great idea of substituting the rebounder for the jump rope segments!

Angela, I understand! So many programs, so little time! I think the Muscle Burns Fat Advanced will be harder. I would classify Muscle Burns Fat as more intermediate but it has zero dread factor for me.

Laura, lol! I'm glad the ropes aren't long enough for me to "bonk" myself on the head! I also like the shorter length because I can add in my treadmill workouts too (plus Cathe Live, which I look forward to every week).
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 10:33 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Day 4: Core Cardio - Time: 30 Minutes

Three Blocks of Cardio alternated with ab blocks - each cardio exercise is done for 30 seconds and ab exercises are also 30 seconds each.

Equipment needed: BOD ropes and either a paper or small white board for AMRAP and tally.

Thoughts: I felt like this workout was slightly easier than the Cardio Core from Day 2. I’m so glad next week won’t have mountain climbers! I really need to write down the AMRAP!

Cardio Block 1:
High Knees with BOD ropes (30 seconds)
Split Jump with BOD ropes (30 seconds)
Repeat 3 times

Ab Block 1:
Thigh Slide Crunches (30 seconds)
Mountain Climbers (30 seconds)
Superman (30 seconds)
Repeat 2 times

Cardio Block 2:
Front to Back Jump with BOD ropes (30 seconds)
Low Rotational Chops with BOD ropes (30 seconds)
Repeat 3 times

Ab Block 2:
Single Leg V up (30 seconds)
Superman (30 seconds)
Repeat 2 times

Cardio Block 3:
Side to Side with BOD ropes (30 seconds)
Sledge Hammers with BOD ropes (30 seconds)
Repeat 3 times

Ab Block 3:
Single Leg V up (30 seconds)
Swimmers (30 seconds)
Repeat 2 times

As Many Rounds as Possible (AMRAP) for 4 minutes:
Split Jump with BOD ropes (4)
Low Rotational Chops with BOD ropes (4)
Sledge Hammers with BOD ropes (4)
Jump Rope (20)
Add Round to Tally
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 08-20-20, 01:18 PM  
laurajhawk

Oh good, I'm glad the rebounder is working for you, horusosiris! I thought it would. I have a Jumpsport and it's fun to use, so I saw an opportunity with these jumprope segments.

Thanks for posting the breakdowns, Kathy! It's really helpful for me to get a feel for the program.

I like intermediate programs. I'm not sure I'll ever want MBFA.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 08:22 PM  
lizr

Can I ask what kind of treadmill you have and if you recommend it? Our 15 yr old Sole has finally died. We need a new one but am open to looking at other brands. Do you like the ifit programs?

Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
NP Liz, this helps me be accountable and use the early access I paid for, lol! I'm really liking the length of MBF because I'm able to do my iFit (treadmill) workouts after each workout. This gives me a solid 60+ minute workout everyday. So far 80DO is harder than MBF but MBFA may compare better. I'll let you know at the end of the six weeks which one I prefer!
lizr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 09:14 PM  
momofcha

I can’t wait until this is out for everyone. It sounds great.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-20, 04:59 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I can’t wait until this is out for everyone. It sounds great.
I think I've talked myself into waiting. I don't need to spend all the money a package costs, even at a discount. In December, I'll just buy a 3 month membership and try them out then! I reserve the right to change my mind should I come into some extra money though.
Old 08-21-20, 09:59 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Laura, I think you can make MBFA more intermediate by using lower weights. I've previewed a couple of them and they move at a good pace like MBF so you can modify up or down.

Liz, I have a NordicTrack Commercial 2150 treadmill that I bought in 2012. It was the first NordicTrack treadmill with an integrated 10" tablet/screen. That model was discontinued but the equivalent model now would be a NordicTrack Commerical 1750. The maximum incline is 15% with a 3% decline. I prefer a treadmill to an incline trainer which goes up to 40% incline/5% decline. I have no desire to walk/run up a hill that steep, lol. I also belong to an iFit Facebook group and see lots of complaints about the incline trainers with the large 32" screens. I've had zero problems with my treadmill so far, knock on wood! I LOVE iFit! The video programs are amazing! You get to see different parts of the world and your treadmill speed/incline automatically adjusts. You can also manually change it to whatever you want if it's too fast or too slow but to get it to do it automatically, you have to "follow the trainer". But you can follow the inclines and change the speed or follow the speed and change the inclines, they are separate adjustments. iFit also has an android and IOS app that you can use paired with your treadmill or in unpaired mode. I love this for the weight workouts they are offering now. They've become like Beachbody with a huge library. They are also offering some "live" workouts that are filmed real time. I did a 5k in Utah a few weeks ago that I really enjoyed! I couldn't run as fast as the trainer but I ran "my" speed and had a great time.

Sue, yeah I wish they would release them to everyone at the same time. But I think early access is a new revenue stream for them.

Angela, yep I get it! I'm only keeping the subscriptions I use. I now have BOD, Cathe Live, and Coffeyfit.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 08-21-20, 10:00 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Day 5: Full Body Burn - Time: 32 Minutes

Four Blocks - each exercise is done for 8-16 reps and there are two or three rounds.

Equipment needed: Weights (heavy, medium, light), BOD Ropes (fake jump rope), Mat (optional). Megan had 20 lbs., 15 lbs., and 10 lbs. dumbbells.

Thoughts: I went slightly lower in weight than Megan because of my shoulders. I really like this workout too! I followed the modifier Lacee who didn’t jump with the BOD ropes.

Block 1 – Asymmetric (one dumbbell) reps are repeated on left/right:
Swing and Rack (16 reps)
Step out and Squat (8 reps)
Combo: Two Swing and Rack / One Step out and Squat (4 reps)
Repeat each side twice

BOD Rope (1 minute)

Block 2 – (two dumbbells):
Squat into Lateral Raise (8 reps)
Slow Romanian Deadlift then two hammer curls (3 reps)
Repeat 3 times

BOD Rope (1 minute)

Block 3 – Asymmetric (one dumbbell):
Split Squat (8 reps)
Bent Over Row – Two reps - stand (8 reps)
Combo: One Split Squat / Two Bent Over Rows (4 reps)
Repeat each side twice

BOD Rope (1 minute)

Block 4 – (two dumbbells):
Sumo Squat into Upright Row – (8 reps)
Dumbbell Press Out (dumbbells chest height together) / Calf Raise – (6 reps)
Repeat 3 times

BOD Rope (1 minute)
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 08-22-20, 05:23 PM  
horusosiris

Kathy- I also really enjoyed Full Body Burn.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-20, 09:05 AM  
gigi

I just got a BOD subscription and bought the early access. I was thinking 10 rounds (which I'll have access to next week anyway) but I think this may be what I need to keep me accountable to working out regularly, re-building my strength and endurance and get me around the mental block of working out too long, pushing too hard, then not working out for days. I also ordered the face jump rope from amazon (thanks for the link Kathy) as it will get here in a few days instead of taking forever and not being shipped until 8/31 with BB.

I had to invest in new shoes as well. That was part of my problem....worn out shoes.

Tags
bbod, beachbody, bod, mbfa, megan davies, muscle burns fat, muscle burns fat advanced