Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-23-20, 03:19 PM  
loverly7

Beachbody On Demand (BBOD)

I decided to get a Beachbody On Demand (BBOD) again, doing a one year membership this time. It has probably been a couple of years since the last time I had a membership. I was all excited and ready to sign up and get started. Well, of course that couldn't happen. I signed up and paid without any problem. But then the BBOD app on my Amazon Fire TV (the one still there from the last time I had a membership) wouldn't work right. I looked online and it showed that the Amazon Fire TV and stick were supported, but the BBOD app wouldn't work. Everything else worked fine, so it was unique to BBOD. Anyways, I followed the BBOD instructions and removed the BBOD app from the Fire TV and then went to reinstall it. It isn't even an option as an app anymore. Exact same thing on the Amazon Fire Stick in the other room. So, after two hours of fighting with both devices, restarting everything and then searching all over online to try to get some answers, it turns out that BBOD isn't compatible with Amazon Fire TV or Stick. I was frustrated and disappointed. I then tried to contact BBOD customer service and that was an adventure. I told them I wanted my order to be cancelled and my money refunded. It took probably 15 minutes or so of me just waiting, but they told me they would issue a refund within the next 5-7 days.

I'm disappointed that I won't have BBOD, because I was really looking forward to doing some of their programs again or for the first time, but if it isn't compatible then I'm not interested. It would be one thing if I knew from the get-go that they weren't compatible, but that wasn't the case. So frustrating.

Anyone else have frustrating BBOD experiences?
loverly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 11:47 PM  
nschultz

I have a Fire stick and am able to use BBOD. Sometimes it’s glitchy and I have to force stop it under the settings but I use it on a daily basis.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 11:15 AM  
pricek

I use my BOD Firestick app daily with no issues.
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 11:57 AM  
antbuko

Well, if you really, really want BBOD, you might consider adding a Roku to your TV. The Roku Express goes for $24.99 on their website; I don't know if it's discounted anywhere else. The BBOD app works great on Roku. You can have both the Fire Stick and the Roku on your TV, and if the Fire Stick ever fails you, you can still access Amazon video on Roku too.
Old 07-25-20, 09:27 AM  
kas97

Not sure what generation Firestick you have, but I can load the BBOD app on my 1st and 2nd generation Firesticks but had a problem loading workouts. I have 2 newer versions, including the newest which I just put on my workout room tv last month and have no issues now.
kas97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-20, 12:09 PM  
loverly7

update

OP here with an update. A few weeks after I posted this the Beachbody On Demand app became available again on my Amazon Fire TV and the Amazon Fire Stick. I happily downloaded the apps on both devices and signed up for one year. Just thought I would give an update.
loverly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-20, 12:36 PM  
sherry7899

I am glad it is working for you now.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-20, 05:12 AM  
gigi

To cancel, I always do it on line from my account and it is much easier than trying to speak to someone. I become a member and cancel from time to time. I'm sorry the app didn't work. I just use my laptop.

Tags
amazon firestick, bbod, beachbody, beachbody on demand, firestick