Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-03-20, 01:19 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I think I had that one also. I cannot do her workouts anymore (hurt my hip flexors) so I only have a few left that I am giving to my sister. I wish Mary Kay had led more. I enjoyed her leading.
Yes, she had so much more variety in her moves, wish Leslie would have let her do some DVDs like she does with the 'walk leaders' now.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 02:00 PM  
Ilde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Does anyone know which DVD was the last one with the “old gang” (thinking of Linda, Jo and Marykay)? And also what year that would be? I did The Big Burn this morning and it had those 3 as background exercisers. I can tell it was a later one - it’s from 2009. And I know there was one where Marykay led part of the workout but don’t remember which one that was or when it was produced. Thanks.
I think The Big Burn is the last one in which Linda and Mary Kay appeared.

There was another single mile - The California Raisin Mile - where the "old gang" appeared but I'm not sure if it was filmed after 2009 and when exactly.
The set was in the Walk Sudio, maybe 2010?
Ilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 02:06 PM  
Ilde

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
while we're on the subject of Leslie, i have a question about Morning Mile and Evening Mile.

on what compilations do they appear?

i don't need to have the add-on toning routines, because i heard they're from, i think, Short Cuts LB and another recycled abs routine.
bzar, the toning routines on The Morning and Evening Miles set are not the same as the Shortcuts Lower Body routines. Similar moves maybe, but not the same or recycled.
Old 06-03-20, 04:17 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
They appear together on Complete Daily Walk. They're the only two on that dvd. I just did a quick Amazon search and couldn't find it there. Hopefully it's still out there somewhere.
great! thanks.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 06:10 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilde View Post
bzar, the toning routines on The Morning and Evening Miles set are not the same as the Shortcuts Lower Body routines. Similar moves maybe, but not the same or recycled.
hi - regarding the compilation entitled "Firm Hips Thighs & Glutes" with this UPC, 18713615039, the back label referred to SCLB for the re-titled workout of "Tight & Toned".

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 06-03-20, 06:35 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I thought Mary Kay led in the three mile weight loss walk.

Eta: I did remember correctly:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=2584
I have the Three Mile Weight Loss Walk and it's one of my favorite Leslie DVDs.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 07:00 PM  
Gams

I looked at a clip of Weight Loss Walk and don’t remember having that one so ordered one off eBay. Mentioned it to my mom and she said, “I’ve got that one - you sent it to me.” Could have fooled me!
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 07:20 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
Mary Kay led part of Mile 2 in a 4-mile workout, something with "Slim" in the title. I'll check later.
Yes, in the Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles Mary Kay leads for a few minutes toward the end of one of the miles. It couldn't have been planned because she didn't have a mic on so she wasn't able to give audible directions. She makes hand motions while Leslie chatters away in the background to the other walkers, which include her daughter, her niece, Carol and Linda.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 07:45 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I looked at a clip of Weight Loss Walk and don’t remember having that one so ordered one off eBay. Mentioned it to my mom and she said, “I’ve got that one - you sent it to me.” Could have fooled me!
i was looking for something else in my stash and came across a DVD that i didn't realize i had already owned and was on the verge of ordering it!

Old 06-04-20, 01:37 AM  
Ilde

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
hi - regarding the compilation entitled "Firm Hips Thighs & Glutes" with this UPC, 18713615039, the back label referred to SCLB for the re-titled workout of "Tight & Toned".
I'm not familiar with this compilation. Looks like they mixed & matched the segments. I couldn't find any link for this DVD by the way.

I do have the original WATP Morning & Evening Miles set as well as Shortcuts, and the toning segments are not the same in those sets.
I guess it doesn't make much of a difference workout wise, but if it's for "collecting purposes" (I know all to well how this feels ) then it is kind of important.

Tags
evening mile, leslie, leslie sansone, the big burn