Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-18-20, 03:19 PM  
sherry7899

I am a huge fan of the band The Alarm, and Mike Peters has been doing a Facebook live every Saturday for the past few weeks. I am watching it now, and it is lifting my spirits. Last night other favorite musicians Don Dixon and his wife Marti Jones did a 2 hour concert from their dining room. Thursday night the gorgeous singer Mary Fahl did a concert from her home. Tomorrow
Pete and Maura Kennedy do their weekly living rom concert.

We saw all these artists in person from last August through January. I hope we can see them again in person someday.

Is anyone else fans of any of these artists? I know they are not well known. We have been seeing these artists for 25 to 30 years (!) or more. We were fortunate to meet them all. Don DIxon (produced early REM and Smithereens albums) in particular is one of the nicest people on the planet! In addition to his solo work and work with his wife, he is the bass player in Mary Chapin Carpenter's touring band. He left us his comp tickets for her homecoming show in Princeton, NJ. That was such a fun night to see him playing with her and talk with him after.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 01:56 AM  
maitai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar rose View Post
Music can really transport you. I can't count the number of times I've started crying in the Trader Joe's when they played a song that brought back memories. I would have to stand close to a shelf and pretend to study a soup label till the song ended.
LOL! Nice strategy
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, music