Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-20, 01:13 PM  
seabliss

I was measured at Victoria's Secret once, and it turns out they were right for me. But they seem to have just used the standard way of measuring the ribcage and then the largest circumference (while wearing the best non-padded bra you have). Wacoal are true to fit with those measurements.

Before I was measured I always thought I was 34D. Changing sizes made a huge difference in comfort, sag and overflow factor, looking fit and good-postured, etc. But I do have to order bras online because mine is not a common size in stores.
Old 02-29-20, 02:03 PM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
I was measured at Victoria's Secret once, and it turns out they were right for me. But they seem to have just used the standard way of measuring the ribcage and then the largest circumference (while wearing the best non-padded bra you have). Wacoal are true to fit with those measurements.

Before I was measured I always thought I was 34D. Changing sizes made a huge difference in comfort, sag and overflow factor, looking fit and good-postured, etc. But I do have to order bras online because mine is not a common size in stores.
Hmmm, interesting. I always thought I was a 34 D also so I think I need to go get measured. It might be worth a trip to Macy’s. Supposedly Macy’s also carries Wacoal so maybe I could try a couple of them on while I’m there.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 09:52 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I went ahead and ordered a couple of these!
I hope you like them when they arrive
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 10:53 AM  
ncl

I have really struggled with bras in the last few years. I feel like I have become intolerant of bras. I don’t find V’s Secret bras comfortable, and found some at soma with the vanishing back that were more comfortable but they are terrible expensive and wear out fast and ultimately don’t stay looking good for long. I don’t like underwire anymore. Why are they so uncomfortable now when they were not before? I am at a loss. I also feel like my shape is changing with age (now 5I). I went looking at walmart. I found a wireless bra with decent lift (I am a C cup) that is the most comfortable bra I could find and each of them costs about 12.00. They only have tan/neutral colors but that is what I wear daily. I am not at home but can post the brand later if you are interested. I feel like I just discovered the best thing in bras. I bought 4 for the price of 1 bra from V’s Secret or Soma. I also did not like 3rd love that much but may have if I worked to get the fit better. I wear them all the time and they seem to be holding up as well.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 09:34 AM  
seabliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Hmmm, interesting. I always thought I was a 34 D also so I think I need to go get measured. It might be worth a trip to Macy’s. Supposedly Macy’s also carries Wacoal so maybe I could try a couple of them on while I’m there.
If you do, please post and let us know the results! I was measured in the dressing room in an unpadded bra that I was trying on. I thought it might be super embarrassing but it was ok and so worth it. I feel so much better about my body and I'm more comfortable. Also, it's more embarrassing to be in an ill-fitting bra and to have that bit popping out over the top of the bra or whatever seen right through your shirt.

One thing I like about Wacoal is that they don't need padding to give a good lift and shape. They are just designed well. I'm no Dolly Parton either, so I would have never suspected my true cup size without a fitting.

If I can help just one person get the benefits of a well-fitting bra, lol ...
Old 03-02-20, 04:56 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I am not at home but can post the brand later if you are interested. I feel like I just discovered the best thing in bras.
I am interested in knowing the brand/style from walmart.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 05:05 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
I am interested in knowing the brand/style from walmart.
So am I! like the Bali Comfort Revolution, but they are expensive!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 07:43 PM  
Cher

Seabliss, I will definitely post and let you know. It may be a little while before I can get there since Macy’s is about 30 minutes from me....but I really need to make the time to get there.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 10:24 PM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
So am I! like the Bali Comfort Revolution, but they are expensive!
Check for sales at OneHanesPlace.com - I either get mine at Macy's when they're on sale and I have a coupon or through One Hanes Place. They have pretty frequent sales and you can save a ton of $$$.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 06:23 AM  
antbuko

Invest in some higher end brands. I like Wacoal and Natori and Third Love is also good. A couple of good websites that I like shopping are HerRoom and Bare Necessities. They both have tons of brands. HerRoom has a feature that shows you how the bra will look in different types of tops, i.e. v-neck, button down, etc. and they have a 360 view so you can see the bra on a model at all angles. Even if you don't shop their site, you can at least get a good visual. Pay close attention to how the bras look in your areas of concern. For example, I hate skimpy bands that cause overflow around the back and under the arms. The problem is the bra, not my body! Seriously. I look so much better and fitter with the right bra.

Tags
bras