Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-16-19, 05:37 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Air fryers are just convection ovens. I use it as an oven and indoor grill. I cook from scratch and do not really fry my food. It cooks a lot faster than regular oven. It has 'grill' rack on the bottom that drains the fat out. I find that air fryers are really a good cooking tool. Love mine!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-19, 05:57 PM  
Stephanie_B

I actually just received the Mealthy CrispLid today, but I’ve got strep so I won’t be cooking soon.

We do wings in my air fryer and veggies. I don’t use it often and it’s a space hog.

We also have the Breville. My husband prefers the wings there, but I like the air fryer as it crisps them. I’m hoping the CrispLid works as well so I can give my fryer away to one of the kids...more space!

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-19, 05:10 AM  
Lannette

We also own the Breville Smart Oven Air and a Philips air fryer, and surprisingly use both! I love the Breville oven so much! My regular oven is now basically used for storage.

Has anyone else downloaded the Mealthy app? I’m an instant pot gal but hate their app - so hard to navigate. The Mealthy app seems great. Loads of fat laden recipes but easy to convert to your taste and they have nutritional info. There’s also a separate vegetarian category and the app allows reviews. There’s a section for recipes for this air fryer as well.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-19, 08:24 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

We have one of the Cooks Essentials from QVC. It's 3.4 qt similar to this one (in a nice cinnamon color!)

https://www.qvc.com/Cooks-Essentials...1.html?sc=SRCH

My sons use it a lot for snacks (chicken tenders, mozzarella sticks, hotdogs, fries, and burritos).

I like use it to reheat pizza, the crust stays crisp and doesn't get soggy like in the microwave.

I've also cooked "homemade" chicken tenders, steak, fish fillets, and chicken thighs in it and they come out great!

ETA: I bought the larger 5 or 6 qt. one and ended up giving it to my daughter. It was too big for everyday use for us.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-19, 01:05 AM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Mealthy? LOL I thought you misspelled Healthy
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-19, 04:31 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

We recently got an air fryer and it's quite handy, it is a space hog though. We have used it for snacks mostly, but it's really nice that you can just throw a small amount of items in there and you don't have to mess around with turning on the oven, especially in the summer.

We used a gift card to pay for it but it's been a good investment, I need to figure out other things to make in it.

Just a different take.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air fryer