Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-05-18, 02:14 PM  
donnamp

I like the step workouts that she did - I think some of them may be on You Tube!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 04:23 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
From memory, I would say they are comparable in intensity. However, I like Jane's workouts so much more. I find her demeanor so encouraging and she just has perfect stage presence (from being an actress, I presume).

Mirabai's workouts are just sort of average in every aspect, nothing really stands out.

Kim
I agree that Mirabai and Jane are comparable in intensity. Jane has a much more engaging presence, but I have a very soft spot for Mirabai.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 05:31 PM  
casey

She also had a pregnancy workout that had really good post pregnancy floorwork (lower body section). I liked it for my nonpregnant body. My sister borrowed it a long time ago and never returned it. 😐
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 06:14 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I like the step workouts that she did - I think some of them may be on You Tube!

Donna
I have both of her step workouts on VHS, haven't done them in a while but I always enjoy them. I also like her Workout w/Weights and Lower Body Solution (floor work mainly).

I had her Personal Trainer DVD a few years back and sold it like an idiot. I don't have many purge regrets but that one I do. I used it mainly for the weight workout, which was on YT but I don't think it is anymore.

I wonder if her Low Impact Aerobics and Stress reduction workout is on DVD.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 09:09 PM  
Garrie A.

I like a few Janes:

Workout with Weights (very versatile with two 45 minute-ish full body weight workouts)
Complete Workout (fun, although the off-camera whooping during the aerobics and the oohs and aahs during the floorwork are a bit distracting )
Lean Routine (fun, Jane's Peter Pan boots aside )
Step and Abs (I like the basic choreography and high energy music)
Lower Body Solution (for the floorwork, although the cardio is good for low energy days)

Tara, Stress Reduction is on a combo dvd with Complete Workout (released the same time as the Personal Trainer DVD). Not on the re-release released three years ago.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 09:31 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

The only Jane Fonda workout I've owned is Start Up. It's a beginners workout - obviously - I still do it on light days. In fact I did it this morning.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 01:46 AM  
Scorpio6

Toughest Workout from Jane Fonda

Her toughest is Challenge Workout. I paid somebody to transfer it to DVD from VHS. This was the original Leni Cazden workout at the studio where Jane was going, that whipped her into shape for Golden Pond. Gilda Marx's Body by Gilda studio was where Jane went and where Leni was working. Leni is the one who choreographed that workout. The workout is about 90 minutes long, has a 20 minute aerobic section. I notated the Leg & Hip portion of that workout.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 06:49 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Her step tape was my first one, and I used it with her mini step which is still over at my parents'. I still do it once in awhile. It's a nice break from Cathe and I like the music.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 06:51 AM  
donnamp

Taramisu - I hope I kept the VHS tapes of the step workouts, b/c I can't find one of them on You Tube now - it was the Step & Stretch, I think that was team taught...it was fun one. I will have to dig through my VHS tapes and hope I held on to it!

Janes were among my first workout video purchases, I actually think Lean Routine (with the body suit! ) was my very first tape....

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 07:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
Her toughest is Challenge Workout. I paid somebody to transfer it to DVD from VHS. This was the original Leni Cazden workout at the studio where Jane was going, that whipped her into shape for Golden Pond. Gilda Marx's Body by Gilda studio was where Jane went and where Leni was working. Leni is the one who choreographed that workout. The workout is about 90 minutes long, has a 20 minute aerobic section. I notated the Leg & Hip portion of that workout.
I used to love that workout. It was tough!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorites, jane fonda