Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Thanks for this thread,
My floor work of choice is Margaret Richard
YES, and YES
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-18, 11:54 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I try to standing legwork and/or kettlebells twice a week and floorwork at least once a week. I can do both but believe that the floorwork keeps my knees healthy My favorites for floorwork are Winsor Pilates Buns & Thighs and also Lower Body Pilates, all manner of Margaret Richard routines (go-to ones are Sculpture which includes standing work but pure floorwork with Getting Better, Good 'n' Strong, Beauty to the Bone and Triple Threat segments), FIRM SBHT and FIRM Parts Lower Body Sculpting. Karen Voight's GWW is excellent but has some dread effect... Jules Benson's Total Core Pilates and Tracy Effinger's Squeeze DVDs are also good options
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-18, 08:27 AM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
Check out Linda Woolridge and her Barlates. she is my go to fw for the last few years!
I just discovered her youtube channel! Her stuff looks good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
all manner of Margaret Richard routines (go-to ones are Sculpture which includes standing work but pure floorwork with Getting Better, Good 'n' Strong, Beauty to the Bone and Triple Threat segments),
Tiffany, are the ones I put in bold all floor work? I just wanted to clarify because I've heard about Margaret's killer floor work but never knew which ones had the most/best. I can't do any standing anymore. Thanks!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-18, 11:51 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Ballet Beautiful also has killer floorwork

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-18, 06:53 PM  
pollytc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
When doing any form of leg work on my hands and knees, I use my tall step to lay over. It supports my torso/lower back and allows me to concentrate on my legs without compromising form.
Great idea! Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-15-18, 07:09 PM  
seabliss

I replaced my lower body weights workouts (usually Fitness Blender) with mostly Blogilates lower body workouts because of sciatic pain (I read that certain Pilates moves were good to strengthen against this).

I'll do 3-4 workouts in a row (there is a monthly calendar you can sign up for via email with leg days and butt days, and I just choose a la carte). The workouts generally range from about 4 minutes to 15 minutes each, so no boredom factor, but she definitely works you. Many more reps than Winsor, more movement, and lots of creative moves. I have not lost any strength or fitness in my legs. Some of the workouts include unweighted standing moves, but a lot of them involve balance and are no dread for me.
Old 02-16-18, 07:35 AM  
Darisa

I love floor work and the combination of heavy weights and floor work circuits is the best combination. I do floor work circuits after my leg day. So something like, banded glute bridge, banded abduction and banded donkey kicks in a circuit 30 reps each, 3 times through. The combinations are endless. That accessory work really compliments your leg day.
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-18, 02:15 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

So you do them on separate days Darisa?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-18, 02:43 PM  
Darisa

Hi Gina, I don't, I do it on the same day after my weights. Right now my program calls for 2 leg days so sometimes I'll add a tougher circuit after one of the days I spin. One of the best routines out there is Bret Contreras' Jane Fonda workout. If you google it you'll find it or PM me your email and I'll send it to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
So you do them on separate days Darisa?
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-18, 03:34 PM  
videofit

I never do squats and lunges. I prefer floor work and use 10lb ankle weights above the knee with 5 lb ankle weights on ankles.

Tags
bret contreras, floor work, floorwork, jane fonda, lunge-free, squat-free