Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-17-18, 07:07 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

2018 in memory

awww. Dolores O'Riordan, 46, lead singer/writer of The Cranberries.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-18, 07:34 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

😥 loved the Cranberries. Dolores had a beautiful voice.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-18, 07:38 PM  
sherry7899

I meant to post that yesterday. I have their first two cds. She was so young.
I forget which band came out first, but the band The Sundays sound similar.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-18, 08:12 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I meant to post that yesterday. I have their first two cds. She was so young.
I forget which band came out first, but the band The Sundays sound similar.
I have all of those albums, including The Sundays!

my age is showing - I still call them "albums."

Dolores' voice also reminds me of Leigh Nash of Sixpence None the Richer.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 01-17-18, 08:32 PM  
wendug

She was WAY too young! I was definitely shocked by this news!

I still call them "albums" too! And artists today don't really think of creating "albums" but hits. People download single songs nowadays more than entire albums.

I saw the Sundays in concert when I was in college and had the unfortunate experience of a drunk guy behind me screaming his love for the lead singer through the ENTIRE concert. I told home many times that she couldn't hear him and to STFU! So annoying!
Old 01-18-18, 02:14 PM  
PhyllisG

Loved her voice. Linger is on one of Cathes DVDs. Sometimes I would choose that workout because I wanted to hear Delores sing. Always hoped to more from her. Very sad.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-18, 03:01 PM  
leigh1673

Very sad indeed. Way too young. The Cranberries were huge when I was in college, as were many bands whose members died way too young... (Chris Cornell/Soundgarden, the lead singer of Blind Mellon, of course Curt Cobain)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
She was WAY too young! I was definitely shocked by this news!

I still call them "albums" too! And artists today don't really think of creating "albums" but hits. People download single songs nowadays more than entire albums.

I saw the Sundays in concert when I was in college and had the unfortunate experience of a drunk guy behind me screaming his love for the lead singer through the ENTIRE concert. I told home many times that she couldn't hear him and to STFU! So annoying!
I loved the Sundays - I still do! I saw them in concert when I was in college as well. I don't remember much about the concert, but I do remember my friend slamming my finger in the car door on the road trip to we took to go see them!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 09:58 AM  
sherry7899

Jim Rodford who was the touring bassist with The Zombies and The Kinks has passed away. He was so talented. We saw him four times with The Zombies and have tickets to see them March 10th if they continue the tour. (No word on that) Jim's son is their drummer. It will be so difficult for him.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-18, 02:20 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

T. Berry Brazelton, MD, age 99

I read several of his books when I was pregnant with DS21.

also, I just found out the other day that Henry Lodge, MD, co-author of the Younger Next Year series, passed away just last year, 2017, at 58. I truly loved his sections of the YNY series, and have since gone back several times to re-read his sections.

Old 03-16-18, 04:06 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
I just found out the other day that Henry Lodge, MD, co-author of the Younger Next Year series, passed away just last year, 2017, at 58. I truly loved his sections of the YNY series, and have since gone back several times to re-read his sections.
I am shocked!!
ETA - prostate cancer

Last edited by Lucky Star; 03-16-18 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Adding info
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in memory, off topic, off-topic