Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-28-17, 08:40 AM  
momofcha

Rebounding - who knew it could be so much fun?

OK, I am a cardio hater. Hate it. Hate impact, hate jumping jacks, hate burpees... To quote Fat Amy "don't put me down for cardio."

I had an old spring rebounder that I got because Anna Benson told me to I used it with her G-Force workout maybe twice and then promptly put it away. It managed to survive two moves with me holding on to it, never using it again.

All this talk about rebounding, and bellicons went over my head for years. Enter the Lekfit thread here that piqued my interest. I looked at Suzanne Bowen's workout, but it was too much barre for me, and then I stumbled on the Lekfit thread and became very interested. I started researching and then decided I would just go for it. I was all set to get a bellicon if they had a Black Friday deal and then someone posted about the Jumpsport and keeping up with Lekfit was better. Hmm, cheaper than the bellicon and more useful? Sign me up. Then I saw the deal last weekend for $100 off and I knew it was a sign...

It arrived yesterday and I promptly screwed the legs on and began jumping. Wow. I have truly been missing out. This was quiet, no jarring to my hips and dare I say it.... fun?

I did my first Lekfit Bounce workout this morning and was a sweaty mess. Just enough rebounding to get me started. I read how some of you bounce for an hour and I can't do that (at least not yet anyway).

At any rate I wanted to share, because I'm sure there are other cardio haters out there that might want to give this a try.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 09:10 AM  
upperwside

I am so happy to got one and love it!!! I love LEKfit too. The workouts are so much fun. I actually see a change in my legs since I've been doing them a few times a week. Was not looking for a change. but it's nice anyways!!

Enjoy!!!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 09:12 AM  
sherry7899

I am so glad you found cardio you enjoy! I can't do it (unstable ankle after a bad sprain) but it sounds really fun. I love that you can pick your own music and bounce away.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 09:36 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

So glad you're enjoing it Sue! My first rebounder was UR (I still have it!) and it was so squeaky and loud, I couldn't enjoy it. I currently have JS and 49" Bellicon, and while I really like the Bellicon, the bounce is a little soft for a lot of the workouts even though I have X-strong bungees. I like cardio and rebounding is a fun way to add some non-impact, sweaty cardio.

In November, I will be doing Pilates By Lisa Challenge, and I plan add rebounding about 3 times/week for cardio.

Have fun rebounding, Sue!
Old 10-28-17, 09:52 AM  
horsemom2

I have been bouncing for over 15 years and still health bounce daily.
(the hard pounding into the mat style never clicked for me).
For me, bouncing and music have been the perfect match.

The JumpSport 550 was an excellent choice for all kind of bouncing.
I bought mine as soon as they were released before Costco got them and it shows no wear.
Any workout that uses little space can be used with alittle tweaking like Leslie Sansone and Jessica Smith walking workouts.
Also TA workouts are great when you consider the Lekfit style is very similar.
Try revisiting what you already have.
Lots on youtube too.

I do all workouts on my bungees, even Nia LOL

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 10:04 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I love rebounding! I have a Bellicon, a small Jumpsport, and I still have my old UR spring rebounder, although I really don't use it anymore. So much fun to workout using a rebounder!
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 11:02 AM  
violingal3

Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed your workout! I need to pull out my rebounder today and do Suzanne's workout...
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 06:03 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I currently have JS and 49" Bellicon, and while I really like the Bellicon, the bounce is a little soft for a lot of the workouts even though I have X-strong bungees.
Dana, What size JS do you have? I have heard within the Bellicon line the 44" is a quicker bounce than the 49" partly because of the smaller diameter.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 08:49 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Dana, What size JS do you have? I have heard within the Bellicon line the 44" is a quicker bounce than the 49" partly because of the smaller diameter.
Carly, bouncing area on my JS is 22-23" in diameter. When I bought it, Jumpsport didn't make anything larger or I would have bought it then. That's why I later bought the Bellicon. Eventually, I may look into buying ultra strong bungees but they're $85 and I'm not sure I want to spend the money. I will just use JS for faster bouncing and Bellicon for health bounce.
Old 10-29-17, 11:00 AM  
sophiesmom

It is fun! I’m seeing the potential to pull out some old workouts that I thought I had to retire because of high impact!

I no longer fear high impact, I just jump on the rebounder!

As a matter of fact, it may be time to give those Body by Simone DVDs that I put away another go.
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lekfit, rebounding