Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-03, 11:22 PM  
Trevian

radicalabundanz -

Thank you for sharing your experience with DVDSoon. Based on what you have said, I plan on never ordering from them (too long of a wait -- too risky). Luckily I ordered my copy of KV's Total Body Pilates through FYE.com.

I'm sorry you've had to wait so long and hope it arrives for you soon.
Trevian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-03, 11:25 PM  
Trevian

Quote:
I've been following your dialogue with Mike about abs and am intrigued. Almost picked up one of the titles on the YaYa site but quickly became distracted by some other feast. Where did you pick up yours?
I'd be happy to tell you where I picked them up. Which ones were you wondering about?

-Alison
Old 01-18-03, 11:28 PM  
Trevian

And Mike,

do you already own Mari Winsor's Ab Sculpting tape or have you just decided against purchasing it?
Old 01-18-03, 11:46 PM  
rad

Trevian

Have you received KV Total Body Pilates yet? Have you decided on the ring? Whenever I see the ring in a store I think of you and the dilemma we experience making what we hope will turn out to be a good decision. You will not regret the the Original Health Club Step. When I decided to purchase it from Fitness1st, I relied on someone who did a lot of more research than I had done. Also, since then, I've noticed on numerous occasions that a number of others have gone to Wallmart looking for the advertised $58 number, and it is never there. I've yet to hear from anyone that they picked up there in any color at that advertised price.

I haven't tried F.Y.E. yet as I just heard about them. Overstock.com is good too. I was curious about where you picked up Quick Fix Abs.

Thanks.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-03, 12:22 AM  
Mike Zen

OMG !!!...

Hi Trevian. Guess what? I was under the impression all this while that you were a guy! I was so perplexed when you signed off as Alison and then I read radicalabundanz's mail addressing you as Alison. Hey! Such a comedy of errors! I guess the nick Trevian does sound masculine. Anyway, it has really been nice discussing abs with you.

As for JV, I have her book Gut Busters which I thot she has distilled body building principles quite well. I was actually contemplating the Gut, Love Handles and PoochBusters tape but I thot it was rather pricey at 19.95 for a 20 min tape, no? I read from Collage that it has 15 exercises done 15 reps each! Is it really effective? Does it strain the neck a lot if she does mainly crunches? It is not listed in Collage anymore so where can I get it? At JV's website? Please let me have your views on this. BTW, I was disappointed to gather in another thread on "Bad Vibes" that JV used to diss Cathe.

Hi radicalabundanz. To answer your query. No I have not received my Hip Huggin Abs. I preordered the tape from Amazon and shipping is scheduled for 12 February. I am also very excited cos it represents a new way to train my abs! Hope you will like it too.

Cheers.
Mike Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-03, 12:34 AM  
Mike Zen

On Winsor query

Trevian

Funny you asked me. I was contemplating buying both the Winsor Abs Sculpting and Advanced Body Slimming the other day when I spoke with the Collage video consultant and she recommended that for someone who is already familiar with Pilates, I should just get the Advanced Body Slimming cos Abs Sculpting would be too basic. H/W I read in the new reviews site that Winsor Abs Sculpting has a unique astronaut move not found in other pilates tape. I thot it would be rather pricey to spend the $$$ for one new move so I ended up just buying the Advanced Body Slimming. Instead I used my "budget" to buy the CIA Kick Up Step by Becky Chamberlain!
Mike Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-03, 12:41 AM  
rad

Thumbs up I love that Trevian's name is androgynous!

Trev is a thinker.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-03, 12:58 AM  
Trevian

Mike,

I bought two DVDs from JV recently, both off of her website, and one of which INCLUDES Gut, Love Handle, Pooch Busters (Fast Forward DVD). I got this DVD for 30% off, so it ended up being worth my while.

She runs specials on both her DVDs and VHSs, so you should check out the website to see what Gut, Love Handle, Pooch Busters is currently being offered for, on its own.

As for the workout itself, I find it very effective, and no, my neck does not feel strained when I do it. Mandy was the one who really sold me on this one, so I'm going to include her comments (hope she doesn't mind). Here is what she had to say:

Quote:
I've tried tons of ab videos. My favorite so far is Joyce Vedral's Gut Love Handle Pooch Busters. The title pretty much sums it up..lol! Joyce hits the ab muscles at every different angle you could imagine. Finishing off with the seratus pull.

The workout uses the Super Duper giant set within the Same body part(of course the abs). You do 15 exercices doing 15 reps each. You repeat it 3 times with a 15 second rest in between each set. So if you do your math right, you will be doing over 700 reps because some the ab exercises are obliques. So with obliques, you do 15 to the right and 15 to the left.

Anyway, the reps add up to beautiful definition in the abs.

Mandy Lee
To which I would add, or should I say repeat, that the best thing about this video is the number of repetitions Joyce gives you, the speed at which she gives them to you, and the small amount of rest she ALLOWS you between sets (15 seconds, IF THAT) That's what makes this workout effective! It's not Joyce. It's not the exercises, because they're pretty standard (nothing revolutionary here). It's all about the number of repetitions in the short amount of time with little, to no, rest!!
Old 01-19-03, 01:10 AM  
Trevian

Quote:
Have you received KV Total Body Pilates yet? Have you decided on the ring?
radicalabundanz -

Nope, haven't received it yet, because I just placed my order for it last night. I had planned on picking it up at Best Buy after seeing online that they were selling it for $14. I came to find out that the price of $15 was a web-only price, because when I got to Best Buy, not only did they not have any in stock, but when the salesperson looked it up on the computer, he said that they sell it for around $18. That's when I went online and took advantage of the 20% off discount currently being offered at fye.com. I should be receiving the DVD midweek or so. I'll tell you what I think of it then

As for the ring, I plan on purchasing the one from Walmart which has received good reviews from VFers. Are you planning on doing the same? If not, what are your plans?

And as for the Quick Fix Tight Abs video, I bought it at Target for $6. They had the Quick Fix Total Body DVD, which includes the ab workout, for only a few bucks more ($9). I have also seen both the abs-specific VHS tape and the total body DVD online for really good deals, so yeah, they aren't too tough to track down.

Hope that helps

-Alison
Old 01-19-03, 01:11 AM  
Trevian

Re: On Winsor query

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Zen
Trevian

Funny you asked me. I was contemplating buying both the Winsor Abs Sculpting and Advanced Body Slimming the other day when I spoke with the Collage video consultant and she recommended that for someone who is already familiar with Pilates, I should just get the Advanced Body Slimming cos Abs Sculpting would be too basic. H/W I read in the new reviews site that Winsor Abs Sculpting has a unique astronaut move not found in other pilates tape. I thot it would be rather pricey to spend the $$$ for one new move so I ended up just buying the Advanced Body Slimming. Instead I used my "budget" to buy the CIA Kick Up Step by Becky Chamberlain!
Good to know. Thanks for sharing the specifics of your conversation with the Collage Video Rep. I look forward to hearing what you think of the Advanced Body Slimming title.

-Alison

Tags
green genies, weighted ball workouts