Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-03, 09:50 PM  
Mike Zen

KV's genie balls a genius abscessory!

I got Karen Voight's Core Essentials in a trade and was so fascinated by the way she used the genie balls to target the abs that I ran out immediately and bought a pair. I must say that she uses the genie balls in an ingeneous and unique way to train the abs. I was so enamoured and impressed that I ordered Streamline Fitness from Collage.

Could anybody let me know which other videos uses the genie balls for toning the abs. I only know of Karen and would like to buy more of others to maximise the use of the genie balls.

Trevian, if you are reading the post, I'd like to add that the genie balls is a wonderful addition to blast your abs and that KV is indeed a goddess of abs.

Thanks.
Mike Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-03, 10:13 PM  
Trevian

Mike -

Yes, I'm reading this! Thanks a bunch!

So how do you like the other portions of KV's Core Essentials? And how does the ab segment in it compare to the other routines you have recommended to me (Quick Fix Tight Abs and KV's Abs & Back)?

By the way, I did end up purchasing Quick Fix Tight Abs and have been using it regularly. I also purchased KV's Abs & Back; it's on its way, so I'll let you know what I think of it as soon as it arrives and I have had a chance to do it.
Trevian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-03, 10:23 PM  
Trevian

Speaking of ab routines,

has anyone tried Quick Fix Pilates Abs? If so, what did you think?
Old 01-18-03, 10:25 PM  
Mike Zen

Hi Trevian..

To be honest, I only used Core Essentials for the abs workout cos I do my strength training in the gym. But from the preview, I thought the glute work was pretty good - the table work where she placed the genie ball behind the knee. The back strengthening workout was also good.

How did you find Quick Fix Tight Abs? I am still using it for my time crunched days. I hope you find the diverse and unique exercises challenging. I am sure you will love KV's Abs & Back (pardon me for being so presumptious!) Let us know your views, please.

I ordered a slew of abs workout tapes recently - Tamilee's I Want Those Abs & Tighter Assets 10 minutes Abs, Tae Bo Ultimate Abs, Winsor Advanced Body Slimming and Lotte Berk's Hip Huggin Abs. I am an abs vidiot.

Anyway, happy absercising!
Mike Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-03, 10:44 PM  
Trevian

And Mike,

if you haven't already tried Joyce Vedral's Gut, Love Handle, Pooch Busters, you really ought to. The best things about this workout are the number of repetitions Joyce does and the speed in which she does them. A very effective ab routine in my opinion.

-Alison
Old 01-18-03, 10:52 PM  
Trevian

Mike,

Thanks for the Core Essentials review. Just might have to check that one out sometime.

As for my impression of Quick Fix Tight Abs, I like it. Thanks for the recommendation. I've been using it regularly, and when I do, I do the 30 minutes in its entirety.

When I don't have 30 minutes to spare, I do Tamilee Webb's I Want Those Abs; I particularly like the second of the two programs. I look forward to hearing what you think of this one.

And now that I've received my Joyce DVDs, I've been incorporating her ab routines in my workouts quite regularly. I really enjoy her approach to attacking the abdominals.
Old 01-18-03, 10:57 PM  
Trevian

By the way, if you get a chance, once they've arrived of course, please let me know what you think of Tamilee's Tighter Assets 10 Minute Abs, Tae Bo Ultimate Abs, Winsor Advanced Body Slimming, and Lotte Berk's Hip Huggin' Abs. Like you, I'm always on the lookout for new ab routines, so I would appreciate any additional recommendations you may have

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-18-03, 11:10 PM  
rad

Alison - You're the only who has received JV DVDs...

By the way, I'll never order from DVDSoonNot again. It was actually the first DVD I ordered and I still have not received it some three weeks later. KV Total Body Pilates, I think, but could be wrong; it's been so long I don't remember. True they did advise that shipping would take about three weeks. I've been following your dialogue with Mike about abs and am intrigued. Almost picked up one of the titles on the YaYa site but quickly became distracted by some other feast. Where did you pick up yours?
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-03, 11:11 PM  
rad

Mike- You haven't recieved the Hip Hugger tape yet...

have you?
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-03, 11:19 PM  
Trevian

radicalabundanz -

Not entirely accurate. You see, the Joyce DVDs I received were not the new ones (the preorder ones that everyone is having trouble with). The ones I ordered were Definition and Fast Forward; they came within a few days -- no problem.

Tags
green genies, weighted ball workouts