Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-22-17, 03:58 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I decided to try to give Coobie a try today. They are having a buy 2 get 2.
I did the same.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-17, 03:58 PM  
SueT

For anyone who wears the Coobie bras, is there a particular style you like? I'm a 36C, so I'm just a little worried about the styles with the skinny straps. Sometimes they can dig into my shoulders.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-17, 04:53 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Thanks to all. I can’t go bra less, I just would be too self conscious. Raised by old fashioned parents, I’ve never even worn a bikini! I need to wear a bra for work, regardless. I might check out the Coobie but the one size fits all concept makes me pessimistic that it would work for me.
Do whatever you need to do, but just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting you go topless. It is likely that as a 30A the only ones who notices you have breasts are you and your husband.

As for the Coobie sizing, I wouldn't worry about it. You really don't have the problems that larger bosomed women have.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-17, 04:55 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
For anyone who wears the Coobie bras, is there a particular style you like? I'm a 36C, so I'm just a little worried about the styles with the skinny straps. Sometimes they can dig into my shoulders.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Sue
I'm sure other will chime in, I tried Coobie bras and while they didn't work out for me, the straps weren't the problem. They were great actually.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-17, 09:23 PM  
antbuko

Cookie didn't work for me either.
Old 10-22-17, 09:41 PM  
Castella

I wore coobies for years, but nowadays they aren't a good fit for me. I've aged and gained weight and I'm fussy about comfort. I need a more accommodating band size, but cup size hasn't really changed. Having a short torso doesn't help.

It is darn near impossible to find a truly supportive bra in (1) smaller cup sizes and (2) size 40 band. I've tried a ton of stores and looked at a lot of options and all I can find is low to medium compression. It's fine for most of what I currently do, but it sure wouldn't work for running or plyo. And sometimes I just need more support. Years ago I had a great compression bra that zipped up the middle, but those seem to be out of style or not too reliable. I do remember that the zipper would always try to unzip itself. But it would be nice to have a workout bra with wires as well, which is what I used to do for doubling up (one underwire, one compression). Smaller sizes also need to double up sometimes! And without massive amounts of padding, which I don't want when I'm sweating.

For work, I'm using True & Company bras, they used to be called True Skin. I think they are a bit pricey for what they are, and they aren't great for anything involving a lot of movement or sweat. For a desk job they're fine.
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-17, 07:04 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
Do whatever you need to do, but just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting you go topless. It is likely that as a 30A the only ones who notices you have breasts are you and your husband.

As for the Coobie sizing, I wouldn't worry about it. You really don't have the problems that larger bosomed women have.
I didn’t think you were suggesting I go topless. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that the coobies work.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-17, 07:55 AM  
warriorprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
I gave up bras because prefer to let the lymph flow LOL

Barb S
This is me too! My main criteria while buying clothes has always been 'Do I have to wear a bra with this?'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-17, 08:02 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castella View Post
I wore coobies for years, but nowadays they aren't a good fit for me. I've aged and gained weight and I'm fussy about comfort. I need a more accommodating band size, but cup size hasn't really changed. Having a short torso doesn't help.

It is darn near impossible to find a truly supportive bra in (1) smaller cup sizes and (2) size 40 band. I've tried a ton of stores and looked at a lot of options and all I can find is low to medium compression. It's fine for most of what I currently do, but it sure wouldn't work for running or plyo. And sometimes I just need more support. Years ago I had a great compression bra that zipped up the middle, but those seem to be out of style or not too reliable. I do remember that the zipper would always try to unzip itself. But it would be nice to have a workout bra with wires as well, which is what I used to do for doubling up (one underwire, one compression). Smaller sizes also need to double up sometimes! And without massive amounts of padding, which I don't want when I'm sweating.

For work, I'm using True & Company bras, they used to be called True Skin. I think they are a bit pricey for what they are, and they aren't great for anything involving a lot of movement or sweat. For a desk job they're fine.

I don't know how well these work for exercising (have not tried it) but I love these for every day wear. They are SO comfortable. I have the same issue-large band/small cup size:

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-84...0Swirl&prdPV=3

Kohls frequently has them on sale-they are on sale now. Since I know my size, I sometimes just order them online to save having to bother going to the store.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-17, 09:40 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castella View Post

I was loving the Coobie bra but lately the band bothers me. The first one I got is still comfortable but newer ones( I have 5 or 6 now) irritate my skin. I am becoming very sensitive to tags, stitching and seams. I tried the True Body bra you mentioned and it is very comfortable but the straps are wide and may show depending on the top I wear. And it is expensive.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bras