Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-17, 02:01 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
Rose Marie of the Dick Van Dyke Show died.
yes, i saw that too. i remember her. she lived a long life too. may she rest in peace.

i heard that the alphabet mysteries could stand on their own - i was wondering if any of them were especially noteworthy - she seems to have a huge fan base!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-17, 10:41 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-17, 12:21 PM  
difit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i heard that the alphabet mysteries could stand on their own - i was wondering if any of them were especially noteworthy - she seems to have a huge fan base!
I enjoyed reading the alphabet series but like any other series some books were better than others. They could probably could be read alone but I always like started from the beginning. You get to know Kinsey Millhone and see her grow and learn about her ex's, her family life and so on. I still have all her books. I thought one day when she finally writes "Z" I will go back and re-read the series since it has been years since I had read the earlier ones.

I read that she was adamant that her books would never be turned into movies or TV shows and she would never allowed a ghost writer to write in her name so the alphabet now ends at "Y". The family mention that she was struggling to find an idea for "Z" while undergoing treatment.

RIP Sue Grafton
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-17, 12:54 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by difit View Post
I enjoyed reading the alphabet series but like any other series some books were better than others. They could probably could be read alone but I always like started from the beginning. You get to know Kinsey Millhone and see her grow and learn about her ex's, her family life and so on. I still have all her books. I thought one day when she finally writes "Z" I will go back and re-read the series since it has been years since I had read the earlier ones.

I read that she was adamant that her books would never be turned into movies or TV shows and she would never allowed a ghost writer to write in her name so the alphabet now ends at "Y". The family mention that she was struggling to find an idea for "Z" while undergoing treatment.

RIP Sue Grafton
thank you! found this link too ranking the alphabet novels.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 12-30-17, 01:17 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Wow, Louise Hay's Mirror Work book has been invaluable for me for her easy to do but powerful confidence building practices. I haven't read any of her other books yet but what a loss.

I was at my local library yesterday and they had all of Sue Grafton's books and a picture of her up on display, but I didn't realize she passed away until I read it online later. Two losses!
Old 12-30-17, 04:40 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
Wow, Louise Hay's Mirror Work book has been invaluable for me for her easy to do but powerful confidence building practices. I haven't read any of her other books yet but what a loss.

I was at my local library yesterday and they had all of Sue Grafton's books and a picture of her up on display, but I didn't realize she passed away until I read it online later. Two losses!
thanks - is Mirror Work similar to You can Heal your life?

Tags
in memory, off topic, off-topic