Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-17, 09:09 PM  
Lilypad

Jane Fonda

Good Evening Everybody
For those who are familiar with the older Jane Fonda workouts. How would you classify her workouts? In particular I'm taking about The Original Jane Fonda workout. It came out sometimes in the 80's and she has on this striped leotard. It has a lot of mat work. Anyway I purchased this sometime ago from Amazon on DVD and I've done it a few times and I really enjoyed it. I remember my mom working out to this in the middle of our living room and I would just sit on the couch and watch her. I would just stare at her in awe. I must've been around 8 years old. I remember trying to do the workout when she wasn't around. It was hilarious LOL. I was sooo happy when it found it .Anyway it looks like a fusion type Pilates genre. What do ya'll think?
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-17, 09:38 AM  
Kitten

Is it the original original or the redux with safer moves? We are talking about the one where the one participant sings?

Either way, in her early videos you can see she definitely has a background in dance.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-17, 09:44 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I recently purchased her Low Impact Workout and really enjoy it. I'm considering adding one or two more of the vintage ones.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-17, 09:47 AM  
MsThistlebottom

If I had to put a label on it, I'd say old school cardio with unweighted toning.

In my late 20s, I had the original workout on cassette + book and did that workout every single day. I had the big, curly hair and the striped leotard and legwarmers. Not too long ago I reacquired the book and workout on vinyl and had the tracks converted to MP3 files. I'm in my 60s now but still know that workout by heart! Ahhh, memories.

Here's a fun thread on the original workout. ETA: The one on DVD is slightly different.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-17, 10:30 AM  
Pam

What level are her workouts, i.e. Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? I have never tried them, but often see them at thrift stores and have been tempted to try them.
Old 06-15-17, 11:17 AM  
Lilypad

@Pam
I think they're advanced. They actually have it on YouTube but it's the premix which is 35 minutes. The actual WO is around 50 minutes. It's called Jane Fonda The Original Workout. She's wearing a striped leotard and purple leg warmers. There is a whole lot of wooping going on.
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-17, 12:34 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

There are some Fondas free on Youtube:

Light Aerobics & Stress Reduction

Workout Challenge

Original Workout
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-17, 12:41 PM  
Pam

Thanks Lilypad. I use to be one of the ones making noise in aerobic classes. Doing Jane's workouts will back good memories. 😅

I am not sure now which ones I generally see. Are her other ones about the same level? I am interested in the advanced & intermediate ones.
Old 06-15-17, 12:47 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
Thanks Lilypad. I use to be one of the ones making noise in aerobic classes. Doing Jane's workouts will back good memories. 😅

I am not sure now which ones I generally see. Are her other ones about the same level? I am interested in the advanced & intermediate ones.
Without knowing which ones you see, I'd say that the Complete Workout and Lean Routine are intermediate and can be made advanced.
Workout Challenge is advanced
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-17, 03:09 PM  
Pam

Thanks Kitten. That gives me an idea of what the workouts are like. I will be in the area of a couple of my favorite thrift stores tomorrow and I hope to see Jane.

Tags
intermediate workouts, jane fonda