Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-14-17, 10:44 PM  
bfit

You can really increase the intensity of an indoor walking workout with a weighted vest. I wear a 10 pound vest for Leslie Sansone walking workouts and for other low impact workouts, and it really increases the difficulty for me. Also, have you tried any kickboxing workouts? Those can really give a good workout because you use your entire body.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 06:53 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
You can really increase the intensity of an indoor walking workout with a weighted vest. I wear a 10 pound vest for Leslie Sansone walking workouts and for other low impact workouts, and it really increases the difficulty for me. Also, have you tried any kickboxing workouts? Those can really give a good workout because you use your entire body.
I may have to try the weighted vest. I was wondering how to up the intensity on some of the walks as they have gotten easier for me. Even some of Jessica's are not as hard as they used to be. Now to find my vest and weights for it.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 07:28 AM  
ellaenchanted

That is a silly thing to say. Your body is moving and doing work so of course you are using energy. It doesn't matter which direction you go in! There are seated workouts for goodness sake!

I think you should go with whatever option fits into your life best. I love treadmills but they can take up a lot of space and are a little noisy. Als, they can be expensive. You don't need gym quality treadmill for home use but you don't want to waste money on a cheap, flimsy one with poor stability either.

Rebounders are a great option for variety and easier to store if the legs fold up.

I love doing the free youtube workouts by Leslie, Jessica Smith, and Pahla Bowers indoor walks and jogs.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fat burning, inside vs outside walking, jessica smith, low impact, mile equivalency, outdoor walking, outside vs inside walking, walking