Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-27-16, 02:40 PM  
StephE

I'm definitely keeping my Suzanne Bowen subscription. I appreciate the fact that she keeps her streaming price reasonable and affordable. Her workouts are some of my favorites. She's also very encouraging and down to earth in her workouts (and on her FB group page), and I like that about her.

Exercise is THERAPY for all the challenges and trials life throws my way!!
StephE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-16, 03:42 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
Barre 3 - I bought the Thanksgiving year-long subscription deal and upgraded it to include the weekly workouts, which I love.

Mat & Kitchen I have to give a huge plug for this site. It used to be called Pimp Your Mat, and I'm pretty sure I first learned about it on VF. Tandy Gutierrez gives unbelievably precise and intelligent pilates instruction. She has courses throughout the year which are more lifestyle than fitness based, and they are really amazing at just helping you to get the most out of your health and well-being. She also has a really great food reset program and tons of recipes. She is super active on social media, which I love because it motivates me to be more present and focus on self care instead of going overboard with my workouts.
Mat & Kitchen is pricey! I'd love to try it though.
Old 12-27-16, 04:22 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I didn't realize there were so many good streaming services!

Is Suzanne Bowen geared towards intermediate or advanced exercisers? How do her workouts compare with Cathe's?
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-16, 05:04 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I didn't realize there were so many good streaming services!

Is Suzanne Bowen geared towards intermediate or advanced exercisers? How do her workouts compare with Cathe's?
She is mostly barre. I like her cardio Intervals but her barre ended up hurting my knees and low back. I broke my toe and found Pilates by Lisa and it healed my aches and pains so I don't do much SBF now. Her cueing is really good,
Old 12-27-16, 05:43 PM  
prettyinpink

Suzanne is solidly intermediate, IMO. Though barre does get harder the better you get at it, and if you know how, you can modify up in some of the exercises. Not anywhere near Cathe in intensity, not as challenging as BarMethod or even a lot of barre3, for me.

I really like her interval cardio and just really like her, but I prefer other barre workouts more. Her cardio involves a lot of barre-inspired exercises, though, and is very much low impact.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-16, 06:28 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolgirl-01 View Post
do you have to have the Peloton bike to sign up for their streaming?
No you do not have to own the bike to do the streaming. There's an ap for your phone that's $12/mo. If you want it to play on your TV you'll need to get a do-hicky that allows you to connect your phone to the TV. I have an iphone and I think the adapter was around $20. The only thing I found frustrating about not having the bike is that for some of the workouts, the coaches talk about having a certain cadence, resistance or output. I was able to buy a cadence meter for my bike but there isn't anything for resistance or output. Because my husband also really wanted it, we ended up getting a Peloton bike for Christamas. I LOVE it. But I would have continued to use the ap without the Peloton bike if he hadn't been game.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-16, 06:58 PM  
IceQueen07

I'm keeping my Suzanne Bowen streaming again this year. I just really enjoy her as a instructor. I just signed up for SOD for three months, they were having a 50% off sale today. I will decide after the three months if I keep it or not.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-16, 07:16 PM  
Carol K

BeMax and only BeMax. There will be new workouts in January.
Old 12-27-16, 07:53 PM  
Lannette

I'll definitely stick with Callanetics streaming. I've been using their streaming WOs for over 3 months and it's been a great experience. (I usually can't stream anything.) This ain't your Granny's Callanetics. So far the peach eludes me but my thighs are close to deflecting bullets and when I run or jump on my Bellicon my bottom no longer reverberates.

I signed up for a free month of The Bar Method. I can stream their 20 minute WOs but so far haven't stream anything longer because I just don't enjoy the music - or at least haven't so far. That surprised me because I don't even notice the music on their DVDs.
It's also $15.00 a month and for that price I better get to keep something as my own and love what you have available. So for now this is a no go.

Tried Barre3 - can't stream anything more than 10-15 minutes long.

Be360 is great but again, anything longer than 10 minutes buffers endlessly.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-16, 10:15 PM  
nevertoolate

Movement for Modern Life, Yoga International

I'll continue with Movement for Modern Life. https://movementformodernlife.com/about. I got a lot of use out of this site this year. Lots of good yoga, targeted routines, qigong, meditation, pilates. Site is easy to navigate. Lots of variety. Good customer service. Quality site and programs.

I'm also subscribing to Yoga International, mainly for the therapeutic focus. I'll keep that for awhile.

I still have a gift card for a year of Barre 3 that I got last December. I haven't used it yet, so I'll activate that sometime this year.

So much good stuff online!

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming services, streaming video