Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-05-16, 04:11 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Question Ilyse Baker's workouts

Hi, I've recently checked Ilyse Baker's workouts (Dancinerate's and Your Sexy Everything) and thought they looked good and kind of fun, have anyone tried her workouts? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! TIA

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-16, 05:30 PM  
Aunt Famous

Oh, Sugar.

I tried one of the Dancinerate workouts, and it nearly Dancinerated my brain.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give her choreography's difficulty a 412.

She is a heck of a dancer.

I used to think I was a heck of a dancer in an amateur way (high school cheerleader, tap lessons, Zumba class, etc.). Uh, no. She schooled me.

What do I remember most about the DVD? A 20 minute workout took twice as long to account for my constant rewinding to pick up the 8 counts.

If you are a heck of a dancer with a longer attention span who is willing to do a dance video more than once to pick up all the moves, go for it. I like variety, and just wasn't sure that I had that level of patience or that kind of time.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-16, 06:00 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Oh, wow it sounds very complex, thanks for the info. I think I've the same level of dance as you, except for the high school cheerleader and tap lessons

Have you tried Rock Your Body with Jamie King? the first time I did it, I was a bit frustrated, but I was surprised the other day I did, I got almost all of the moves down, since it is a bit similar than Cize in format, I think that helped.

Thanks again for the info! I'll check those clips again

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 07-05-16, 07:25 PM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post
. . . I tried one of the Dancinerate workouts, and it nearly Dancinerated my brain. . .
Seconding the entire reply. It looked like it was going to be fun, but I found it frustrating as all get out.
Old 07-05-16, 07:47 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Oh, wow it sounds very complex, thanks for the info. I think I've the same level of dance as you, except for the high school cheerleader and tap lessons

Have you tried Rock Your Body with Jamie King? the first time I did it, I was a bit frustrated, but I was surprised the other day I did, I got almost all of the moves down, since it is a bit similar than Cize in format, I think that helped.

Thanks again for the info! I'll check those clips again
Rock Your body is far less complex to learn than the Baker stuff ! Kind of like "See Jane Run" vs "War and Peace for ESL" lol
Old 07-05-16, 09:38 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Rock Your body is far less complex to learn than the Baker stuff ! Kind of like "See Jane Run" vs "War and Peace for ESL" lol
I don't know any of the examples you mentioned but, what about the fun factor? Do you like / love them?

Old 07-06-16, 12:43 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I don't know any of the examples you mentioned but, what about the fun factor? Do you like / love them?
Sorry for the complicated example. How about a Leslie Sansone workout vs. Zumba on steroids?

Any way, it looked fun enough but would take forever to learn well enough to feel fun. FYI, I am horrible with choreography and would never buy something like this but my friend was really interested so I took a shot when it 1st came out. Uh,no. And bad as I am, I had no trouble with Jamie King. HTH.
Old 07-06-16, 01:08 AM  
mamaste

I enjoy YSE. It's short drill based workouts. There's a really nice stretch that I like to use as well. HOWEVER, there is an annoying, CSI Miami-like screech between the segments that makes me want to Joni O the entire thing. I still don't know why this person is screaming at me. Other than that, it's a good workout.

I have her Weight Watchers dance video. It's the one with the little maracas. It's beginner and more my speed for dance. It's not bad. I think WW is selling it in their online shop right now.
Old 07-06-16, 10:45 AM  
Judy W.

Another endorsement for Ilyse's WW set. It contains 3 workouts of varying lengths and intensity. The longest and most intense is about 40 minutes and intermediate in level. They all share the same warm up and cool down, which are very thorough. Nothing overly difficult, nice cardio effect, fun moves. She is very encouraging, so it's an altogether feel-good fest!

You can get it at Amazon, and check out all buying options. I got mine at a price somewhat lower than the one Weight Watchers offers!

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-16, 01:56 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thank you everyone for the great feedback! Mamaste, I did noticed the screech between segments on one of the preview I checked, glad to hear you enjoy the stretch, I see it is 10 min. long which could be good for add on.

I never heard of the WW set, I just saw a short video and it looks good, it reminds me a bit of Zumba with the maracas, thank you both for mentioning it!

Tags
complex choreography, dancinerate, ilyse baker, your sexy everything