Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-16, 04:59 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
[B]

3. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?

I've wanted to go to Iceland since I was a little kid. I'd also like to see New Zealand, but don't want to deal with the incredibly long flight.
I went to Iceland in March and it was incredible! I highly recommend it. I'm not sure if you have Groupon in Canada, but they always run discounted trips. I'm thinking of going back in Sept when it would be a little warmer.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 05:12 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

1. What do you usually do when you have leisure time on your hands? - read

2. What is your favorite season and why? - summer, love warm sunshine

3. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? - France or Italy

4. What is the prettiest place you have been? - White Bay in the British Virgin Islands

5. When you pack for a trip, do you pack light or heavy (and how much workout gear do you take with you) - fairly light, I've gotten better in the last few years I take workout wear, swim goggles, good walking shoes, a yoga strap, and sometimes a cheap yoga mat I can leave behind if necessary.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 08:16 PM  
cdayley

1. What do you usually do when you have leisure time on your hands?
In the summer, I garden. In the winter, I sew, do crafts, or am on the computer

2. What is your favorite season and why?
I love the newness of everything that happens each year in the Spring.

To visit my children who live far away.

4. What is the prettiest place you have been?
The Sawtooth Mountains in Idaho.

5. When you pack for a trip, do you pack light or heavy (and how much workout gear do you take with you)?
I pack heavy! Unless I am going to an amusement park like Disney, the first thing I pack is workout dvds and workout clothes. I have purchased dumbbells to leave at my children's and my parent's houses so I can exercise when I'm there.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 08:59 PM  
Messe

I read, and from the first Spring Training game through the World Series, I watch a lot of baseball.

2. What is your favorite season and why?
I love spring, in part because it means my least favorite season is over, but also because it's festival season here (we celebrate everything!) and it's when all the farmers' markets gear up for the year.

Probably back to Ireland.

4. What is the prettiest place you have been?
I can't choose just one! County Wicklow, Ireland is beautiful. So are many, many places in Hawaii. So are the Great Smoky Mountains.

5. When you pack for a trip, do you pack light or heavy (and how much workout gear do you take with you)?
My packing is somewhere between light and heavy—probably closer to light. I never take workout gear.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-16, 09:50 AM  
TinaS

1. What do you usually do when you have leisure time on your hands? Shop. I need to work on that.
2. What is your favorite season and why? Fall. Summer is my least favorite season and I usually can’t wait for it to be finally over. I love the change in the season to cooler temps, being able to open up the windows, less humidity, the leaves changing, and Halloween.
3. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? California
4. What is the prettiest place you have been? Pismo Beach, California
5. When you pack for a trip, do you pack light or heavy (and how much workout gear do you take with you)? I always plan to pack light and then end up heavy, especially right before I close the suitcase. I don’t take a lot of workout gear – usually just a pair of sneakers, 1 pair of workout pants and a couple bra tops, several dvds and a resistance band.

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-16, 01:00 PM  
Cowgirl32

I workout; go for a hike; catch up with friends/family; and currently finishing up school work. :P
2. What is your favorite season and why? Fall. I love the autumn smells, colors, weather and the feeling a "newness".
3. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? New Zealand. It's the one place on my bucket list that I must visit one day.
4. What is the prettiest place you have been? The prettiest place I have been is the Hawaiian Island- Kaui. SO pretty.
5. When you pack for a trip, do you pack light or heavy (and how much workout gear do you take with you)? I'm usually a moderate packer. I typically bring only running shoes and do body weight resistance exercises while traveling[via a yoga video].
Old 06-13-16, 01:51 PM  
gladgirl

1. What do you usually do when you have leisure time on your hands? Read, sew, cook
2. What is your favorite season and why? winter...the cooler temps are so welcome after all the heat
3. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? Maui
4. What is the prettiest place you have been? Maui
5. When you pack for a trip, do you pack light or heavy (and how much workout gear do you take with you)? I am learning to be a light packer. I have come a long way from over packing for all my trips.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-16, 02:27 PM  
MathTeacher

1. What do you usually do when you have leisure time on your hands? Read, sleep, binge watch tv, mostly ID
2. What is your favorite season and why? Summer. I'm a teacher
3. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? Normandy Beach
4. What is the prettiest place you have been? Niagara Falls
5. When you pack for a trip, do you pack light or heavy (and how much workout gear do you take with you)? I pack too much. I have this horrible fear of running out of underwear. I take my walking shoes and my Mari Winsor Accelerator.
Old 06-13-16, 05:09 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I went to Iceland in March and it was incredible! I highly recommend it. I'm not sure if you have Groupon in Canada, but they always run discounted trips. I'm thinking of going back in Sept when it would be a little warmer.
We have groupon, but I've never used it. Thanks for the tip, and the encouragement to get to Iceland. I suspect the hiking there is amazing.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-16, 09:51 PM  
ardnas

1. What do you usually do when you have leisure time on your hands? read, hike, photography, bead weave, play with my dogs
2. What is your favorite season and why? Spring - usually tired of snow & winter and like the warmth (but not heat/humidity that comes in Summer)
3. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? New Zealand
4. What is the prettiest place you have been? Costa Rica
5. When you pack for a trip, do you pack light or heavy (and how much workout gear do you take with you)? I pack lightly heavy and do not pack any workout gear - I walk or take stairs

Tags
getting to know you