Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-16, 12:12 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Getting To Know You: Summer Edition

It has been awhile since we have had one of these threads. I figured maybe it was time for a summer version.

1. What do you usually do when you have leisure time on your hands?
2. What is your favorite season and why?
3. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
4. What is the prettiest place you have been?
5. When you pack for a trip, do you pack light or heavy (and how much workout gear do you take with you)?

What are your answers?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 12:13 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

1. What do you usually do when you have leisure time on your hands? Doesn't happen often, but I usually sit and read a book.

2. What is your favorite season and why? It used to be fall when I lived in upstate New York (30 years ago), but then I moved to the DC area where springs are absolutely beautiful and it became my favorite. Cherry blossoms are my favorite harbinger of spring.

3. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? New Zealand. It's at the top of the bucket list.

4. What is the prettiest place you have been? The coastal Maine is probably the prettiest place I've ever been, although it's a hard choice.

5. When you pack for a trip, do you pack light or heavy (and how much workout gear do you take with you)? I pack heavy. DH and I tend to take everything that we might need. I pack lighter than DH in general, but with him being gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free, we tend to take food with us as well as normal travel stuff.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 12:41 PM  
Taiga

Exercise Sitting quietly/reading is a rare and wonderful pleasure as well.

Autumn!!! I love the colors, smells, coolness and activities of the season. I have some wonderful family memories from the fall (hayrides, barbecues, Halloween celebrations).

3. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? Back in time to when my parents were alive and well and it never crossed my mind that they were anything other than immortal

I love the coast of Maine or Alaska in Autumn.

5. When you pack for a trip, do you pack light or heavy (and how much workout gear do you take with you)? Super light. Never more than a backpack even when I'm going for weeks. I'll do whatever it takes to avoid baggage claim waits or carrying something that slows me down. As far as workout gear, I might take an exercise band and wear my tennis shoes (at most). On those rare occasions I break free, I want to feel light and carefree
Old 06-12-16, 12:43 PM  
andtckrtoo

1. What do you usually do when you have leisure time on your hands? Walk, read or paint.

2. What is your favorite season and why? Fall - I love the colors.

3. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? Italy - Tuscany region.

Yosemite - without a doubt.

5. When you pack for a trip, do you pack light or heavy (and how much workout gear do you take with you)? I'm a kitchen sink kind of packer, but I'm working on getting better.
Old 06-12-16, 01:42 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Genealogy, Facebook, TV ( for the last two)

2. What is your favorite season and why? Living in Florida, I enjoy the fall & winter since it's then that I can get outside & hike comfortably.

3. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? New Zealand for me too.

4. What is the prettiest place you have been? Hard to beat the Gulf beaches right in my own backyard!

5. When you pack for a trip, do you pack light or heavy (and how much workout gear do you take with you)? Definitely heavy! We're planning a 7-day road trip right now & I can't believe the list of things we're bringing! Don't usually bring exercise equipment, unless walking/hiking shoes count.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 01:56 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Watch TV, read, sew, nap.

Fall. It's a great time in CA. Typically not too hot. There's a nostalgia also of for back to school, Halloween, etc.

This is so tough to answer. Tops on the list are Italy, Turkey, and going back to Africa.

Toss up between Wales and Kenya. Both beyond amazing, so different from one another.

5. When you pack for a trip, do you pack light or heavy (and how much workout gear do you take with you)?

I tend to pack light. Bare essentials and everything must multi task. For workout clothes I bring tops and socks for every day I plan to work out. I bring half as many shorts and bras as I try to get two wears out of those. This assumes moderate climate. If it's super hot or super humid, a whole outfit for every day I plan to work out.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 01:57 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

1. read
2. winter - christmas
3. japan or england
4. kamuela
5. i pack heavy; athletic shoes and 3 DVDs, resistance bands, shorts/shirt, MP3 player

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 04:13 PM  
JezthePuff2

READ!!! And I design my schedule/life so that I have lots of reading time. It's a necessity!

Fall, definitely. I love the cooler temperatures, the beautiful leaves, the smell, the way the sun seems softer, putting on another blanket at night, etc.

I'd be on a cruise ship headed for the Caribbean.

So many places...Hawaii, the Caribbean, New England...hard to choose!

We travel a lot, and I've learned to pack as lightly as possible. And I don't take workout gear. If I want to exercise on a vacation, I'll walk.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 04:18 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

1. What do you usually do when you have leisure time on your hands? Go for a walk.

2. What is your favorite season and why? Summer, because I like being outside without having to bring a coat and other heavy gear.

3. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? I've been fortunate that I've been able to travel quite a bit, but I'd like to go to Australia.

4. What is the prettiest place you have been? It's between Mt. Fuji in Japan and any beach in Hawaii.

5. When you pack for a trip, do you pack light or heavy (and how much workout gear do you take with you)? I always overpack, especially if I'm going overseas because you never know if they'll have certain things that we have here (OTC medications, for example). I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I don't usually have time for working out when I travel, but it's not usually necessary because I get a lot of walking or hiking in.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 04:52 PM  
Eibhinn

I love hiking and cross-country skiing when the weather is nice and reading or watching movies when it is not. I do spend way too much time online as well.

Summer, because I love warm weather. I live in Canada, so it's a welcome relief from the cold, and also it doesn't get oppressively hot the way it does in a lot of places. Fall was a close second when I lived in New Brunswick, because it was warm and beautiful with the colourful leaves, but Nova Scotia autumns aren't quite as nice.

I've wanted to go to Iceland since I was a little kid. I'd also like to see New Zealand, but don't want to deal with the incredibly long flight.

I'm lucky to have lived most of my life in Atlantic Canada and it never stops striking me as incredibly pretty. That said, I was thoroughly charmed by Bruges, Belgium and Edinburgh, Scotland when I went there.

I'm a light packer, but not excessively so (not one of those people who cut the handle off of their toothbrush or drill holes in it to save weight). The only exception is when we visit home, when we bring the cat along, and usually presents as well. I used to bring exercise equipment and never use it because I was so busy, so I don't bother any longer. When I'm travelling (versus visiting home) I tend to walk all day long anyway. Sometimes I'll bring a yoga video or something if I'm going to my parents, and I'll try to get them to do it with me.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you