Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-16, 07:28 PM  
Alan

My favorite is the MB45 Essentials from Marcus Martinez but sadly that seems to be no longer sold.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-16, 10:40 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
Thanks for the links, Linda.

I have the Megamad Essentials disc and even have breakdowns if anyone is interested. I have done one of the workouts, the Kettlebell sandbag one. I am not that happy with it.

Sandy, I don't have it yet, but Providence seems to be the favorite of the Art of Strength DVDs around here for people.
Yes, I think Providence is a good one to start with (not meaning that it is easy) It has ballistic movements such as swings and cleans as well as more controlled movements (presses etc.) I don't know if it is still available in DVD form. AOS has been changing and I am not sure what is going on with their business.
For other traditional workouts I also recommend Lauren Brooks, Skogg, Mark DeGrasse and Marcus Martinez as mentioned above.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 08:23 AM  
SandyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
I was definitely talking in terms of more traditional kettlebell workouts done at a controlled speed. Those "cardio" style workouts are the only thing I've used my ten pounder for (and turkish get-ups, because I find those mega hard). That said, I really don't like those non-traditional kettlebell workouts. I find them really hard on the body. I sustained my only long-term fitness injury doing one, whereas absolutely no problems from heavy style stuff. For me, anyway, those high rep light weight kettlebell workouts have a lot of wear and tear, and also I feel like they're pretty untested and experimental. But that's just my opinion. Other people do them with no problem.
That's exactly what I thought when I pre-viewed the faster kb dvd's. It seemed like (for me) an injury waiting to happen. Especially when I can do most moves with a dumbbell in a more controlled manner. I'm 52 and not a spring chicken anymore Thanks for your voice of experience. I'm going to invest in one of the other more traditional dvd's mentioned on this thread.
SandyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 08:28 AM  
SandyT

You guys are great. These sound like EXACTLY what I am looking for. Thanks! I will look at AoS (especially Providence), Skogg, Lauren Brooks, DeGrasse and Martinez.
Old 05-17-16, 10:32 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Yes, I think Providence is a good one to start with (not meaning that it is easy) It has ballistic movements such as swings and cleans as well as more controlled movements (presses etc.) I don't know if it is still available in DVD form. AOS has been changing and I am not sure what is going on with their business.
For other traditional workouts I also recommend Lauren Brooks, Skogg, Mark DeGrasse and Marcus Martinez as mentioned above.
Unfortunately, lreidgreen is correct. I don't think AOS is going to sell DVDs anymore. Providence is excellent but I'm not sure it's available anymore. They did have some DVDs left but they don't seem to be as good of quality as their previous DVDs. For example, I bought Santa Monica when it first came out and the production is excellent. When I bought ropes during one of their sales two years ago, it came with St Monica. It was the same workout but the production didn't seem as clear for some reason.

I also recommend Lauren Brooks. I also like RKS.
Old 05-17-16, 10:43 AM  
SandyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Unfortunately, lreidgreen is correct. I don't think AOS is going to sell DVDs anymore. Providence is excellent but I'm not sure it's available anymore. They did have some DVDs left but they don't seem to be as good of quality as their previous DVDs. For example, I bought Santa Monica when it first came out and the production is excellent. When I bought ropes during one of their sales two years ago, it came with St Monica. It was the same workout but the production didn't seem as clear for some reason.

I also recommend Lauren Brooks. I also like RKS.
That's good to know. I will look on VF Roost and see if someone is getting rid of an old copy of Providence.
Old 05-17-16, 10:47 AM  
Chomper

Some AOS DVDs are for sale on Amazon as DVD-r.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 11:50 AM  
windyh
VF Supporter

I am 52 also! I love Lauren Brooks KBB and her Shut up & Train workouts. If you want something less pricey - check out Sarah Lurie Iron Core. Less than $10 on Amazon with allot of workouts. Kind of repetitive but I combine multiple workouts into one instead of doing as many sets. I like doing IC1 warmup and first set, then IC2 warmup & first set.

Kettlebells the Iron Core Way 1:
Volume 1 teaches you foundation Kettlebell exercises, like the swing, clean, press, front squat, Windmill and more!

Kettlebells the Iron Core Way 2:
Volume 2 teaches you Kettlebell exercises like the snatch, clean and press, deck squat, Turkish get up and more!

Iron Core Warrior:
Get inspired to push yourself to another level of fitness with a 2-part routine system touted as one of the toughest Kettlebell workouts ever created.

Iron Core Boot Camp:
This Kettlebell only workout will test your mettle as you sweat through 4 rounds of 5 exercises.
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 04:10 PM  
SandyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by windyh View Post
I am 52 also! I love Lauren Brooks KBB and her Shut up & Train workouts. If you want something less pricey - check out Sarah Lurie Iron Core. Less than $10 on Amazon with allot of workouts. Kind of repetitive but I combine multiple workouts into one instead of doing as many sets. I like doing IC1 warmup and first set, then IC2 warmup & first set.

Kettlebells the Iron Core Way 1:
Volume 1 teaches you foundation Kettlebell exercises, like the swing, clean, press, front squat, Windmill and more!

Kettlebells the Iron Core Way 2:
Volume 2 teaches you Kettlebell exercises like the snatch, clean and press, deck squat, Turkish get up and more!

Iron Core Warrior:
Get inspired to push yourself to another level of fitness with a 2-part routine system touted as one of the toughest Kettlebell workouts ever created.

Iron Core Boot Camp:
This Kettlebell only workout will test your mettle as you sweat through 4 rounds of 5 exercises.
Those look really good. I like how you combined them to lessen the repetition. I'll look into them. Thanks!
Old 05-17-16, 06:59 PM  
lorajc

All very good suggestions...however skogg taught me properly how to finally press a kettlebells differently and keep.my really shoulders more calm. I favor Lauren Brooks also. Also not traditional......but fun fusion KB kickboxing is kettlebells kickboxing with Dasha. I also find her instruction to be good although some find her wordy.

Edited because of my tablets stupid autocorrect!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell workouts, traditional kb workouts