Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-16, 08:04 PM  
JezthePuff2

Would you rather…

Watch, Star Wars, or Star Trek? Ugh...neither!

Read on a Kindle or paperback book? Tough call. If I'm traveling or commuting, I want my Kindle. Tons of books in a small space. At home, I prefer real books. I love paperbacks or hardbacks.

Go to the theater or a movie? Really would depend on what's playing. But I'd say typically a movie.

Hike or bike? I love both! I can't choose.

Vacation in Hawaii or Alaska? Another tough call. We've been to Hawaii twice and plan to visit again. We haven't been to Alaska yet, though it's on our list. I wouldn't say no to either!

Choose a free trip or money? Depends. Where would the trip be? How much money? If you paid me enough, I could go exactly where I wanted.

Swim in a pool or the ocean? Another "depends." If it's the Caribbean, I'd say the ocean. The water has to be fairly clear. I need to be able to see who/what I'm swimming with. Otherwise, I'll take the pool!

Watch sports or play sports? While I don't really feel as athletic anymore, I'm not one to watch others have fun. I want to be out there doing it...even if I'm not very good. That's why I could never be a mom carting her kids around to soccer practice or Little League. I don't want to watch...I want to play! That said, at this point of my life, I'm a little more concerned with getting injured.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-16, 08:02 AM  
AZY
VF Supporter

Thought I'd also put in a plug for audiobooks - they have transformed my commute, housework, long dog walks etc...when you find a great reader, it is magical! AY
AZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-16, 09:54 AM  
JezthePuff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZY View Post
Thought I'd also put in a plug for audiobooks - they have transformed my commute, housework, long dog walks etc...when you find a great reader, it is magical! AY
Absolutely! That's actually my favorite form of reading now!

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-16, 01:04 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Bettina-no music you want to see in NYC? We wanted to see The Who last night at MSG but it was sold out.

We still miss going to shows at The Bottom Line in the Village....that was a favorite venue.
Gee, that's too bad.

In your younger (=possibly poorer) years.

When you think about it, though, the neighborhood (unknowns and not-yet-known, of course) could beckon at times. And the price of admission is just ordering something or things (though I don't (medically can't) drink alcohol) ... Used to do that. I don't care if it's people 40 years my junior who are the main other clientele.

Just it's not discussion fodder amongst certain folks who may or may not care.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 01:08 AM  
Glow Girl

Would you rather…

Watch, Star Wars, or Star Trek? Stars Wars

Read on a Kindle or paperback book? Paperback

Go to the theater or a movie? Theater

Hike or bike? Hike

Vacation in Hawaii or Alaska? Hawaii

Choose a free trip or money? Money

Swim in a pool or the ocean? Ocean

Watch sports or play sports ? Play
Old 03-06-16, 05:30 AM  
kirby

Watch, Star Wars, or Star Trek? Star Trek

Read on a Kindle or paperback book?: Paperback

Go to the theater or a movie? Theater

Hike or bike? Hike

Vacation in Hawaii or Alaska? Alaska

Choose a free trip or money? Money, but would plan a trip

Swim in a pool or the ocean? Ocean

Watch sports or play sports? Watch sports
kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 06:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi - I love these threads!

Would you rather…

Watch, Star Wars, or Star Trek? - Well, I'm not particularly partial to either. I will watch the movies in the theater but would not go out of my way to watch at home. I did like Next Generation back in the day, though.

Read on a Kindle or paperback book? - Both, although w/ my "aging" eyes reading on the Kindle is a lot easier - it is also less daunting psychologically for me to read a long book on the Kindle since I don't see how thick it is!

Go to the theater or a movie? - Theater

Hike or bike? - Both! Although I haven't biked in a long time, it is fun!

Vacation in Hawaii or Alaska? - Both, although I would only go to Alaska in the summer!

Choose a free trip or money? - Money

Swim in a pool or the ocean? - I enjoy both as long as the water is warm and calm! I'm not a big swimmer, but I like to 'play' in the water as in relax, float around, etc. But, warm water is a must and if I'm in the ocean it needs to be calm and warm (Florida Gulf Coast)

Watch sports or play sports? - Neither. Watching sports bores me and I'm really too uncoordinated to play sports!

Fun thread!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you