Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-15, 08:33 PM  
sherry7899

Christine, I was just going to post the same thing! They will be on Netflix. Each of the four episodes will represent a different season of the year-winter, spring, summer, and fall.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-15, 08:40 PM  
AZY
VF Supporter

1. Why were you given your name?/Why did you choose your VF name? (choose one)

AZY were initials given to me as part of my employee ID - no idea.

2. What was your first paying job?

Grew up in the land of tobacco, worked summers probably age 10 or so for $$$ - first job, handed a $20 bill at the end of each work day.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise? Really depends on the day, mood, joints. Mostly weights of some form, have enjoyed learning kettlebells in last year or so, yoga/Lee Holden/CS/stretch, easier metabolic type workouts.

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza? Mostly plain cheese, also sausage/mushroom. One of my favorite foods...

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? I would probably do some clinical medicine both domestic and abroad, take some trips with my kids and spend more time with them

6. What motivates you to exercise? I enjoy it and how it makes me feel
AZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-15, 08:40 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Did you see that the Gilmore Girls will be coming out with 4 new episodes? I was so excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Christine, I was just going to post the same thing! They will be on Netflix. Each of the four episodes will represent a different season of the year-winter, spring, summer, and fall.
Yes! I'm so excited!!!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-15, 09:40 AM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Hey, I may catch that too.
I am on hulu.com, and I've enough streaming problems (though minor) with them (and I've already complained to them); I'm not going to risk getting on Netflix (I have a feeling they won't present Gilmore Girls Ver 2.0 on DVD, which I've NO problem w/ [because they'd be DVD!] again ...

That said, I've currently a coin-op laundry down a steep hill I go to that has a Roku with mostly Netflix and the biggest self-service laundry loads that I envisioned years ago ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-15, 11:41 AM  
clh4207

1. Why were you given your name?/Why did you choose your VF name? (choose one) Not sure why- maybe after Catherine the Great /VF name - combo of my initials and special numbers

2. What was your first paying job? Roll wrap at the local paper mill

3. What is your favorite form of exercise? Walking

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza? Pepperoni and mushrooms

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? Read

6. What motivates you to exercise? Desire to be/get healthy
Old 10-28-15, 12:02 PM  
CabCalloway

1. Why did you choose your VF name?
For those who don't know, Cab Calloway was a jazz singer/bandleader in the early 20th century. I came across his music being used in a few Betty Boop cartoons (rediscovered by me when my son was born in 2000). I grew to love Cab's style and showmanship, though it's light years away from stuff I normally listen to. He makes an appearance in "The Blues Brothers" movie, but of course that was way past his prime.

I was a golf caddy at age 15.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise?
What one would call circuit training. Biking second.

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza?
Mushrooms. Sometimes peppers and onions.

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do?
Be a house Dad.

6. What motivates you to exercise?
I gained a bit too much weight for my frame and developed low level high blood pressure. My doctor says it's reversible so I want to prove her right.
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-15, 12:36 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for all the responses. Someone else used to start these types of threads and I missed them. And, in starting this thread, I discovered that you can Google something like "getting to know you questions" and hit on sites that have lists of them. Who knew?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-15, 05:13 PM  
Stephanie_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
We used to have these threads once in awhile and I miss them. I think it's fun to get to know VFers in a different way. So, I'll ask the questions below. If you want, feel free to answer any answers you want to share:

1. Why were you given your name?/Why did you choose your VF name? (choose one)

My mom insisted I be named after her father (the female version) so my dad compromised and said my middle name would be after his mother. My VFer name...um my first name and last name initial because I was bored and naïve when I first joined VF, I would have put my entire name!

Working at a drug store chain as a cashier.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise?

Tie between yoga and Pilates.

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza?

Pineapple.

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do?

I stopped working for pay in 2012, so I guess nothing differently LOL, as I don't have any "great" adventures I want to do.

6. What motivates you to exercise?
Pain now, if I don't things hurt more. Thirty years ago, because I wanted to look like the girls on Gilad's show or Callan Pinckney's figure.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, user name