Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-15, 01:22 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
EDITED ADD: being a musician, i'm surprised at how many people wrote "learn to play an instrument." my nephew learned to play guitar watching youtube!
As they say in your territory (Palm Springs???) Hot damn!

In my day, it was called "taking licks off of records ...", and my late mother had (not correctly) fantasized I had that kind of talent as a kid.

[Sigh...]

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 01:38 PM  
clerkin11

1. Why were you given your name?/Why did you choose your VF name? (choose one)
I was my parents' 11th child, so my VF name is my maiden name and number

2. What was your first paying job?
I did a lot of babysitting, but my first official job was at a McDonald's'

3. What is your favorite form of exercise?
I love AWT, weight training, boxing/kickboxing (mostly Cathe type workouts but I did a great Amy Dixon one today) and I like to sprinkle in other types like a Barre 3, HDM or ART to be well rounded.

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza?
I love pizza!!! I just find it so satisfying. Pizza a nice glass of wine I like tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil or if I'm sharing with my husband, either ham and onion or sausage and pepper.

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do?
I would travel around spending time with people I love, and also spend time at home getting to all the projects I don't have time for.

6. What motivates you to exercise?
I exercise to feel good and to be healthy. I tend to live too much in my head and exercise brings me into my body. And I love the way I feel after I exercise.
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 01:46 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

1. VF name? Because I really do wish I was in Hawaii!

2. What was your first paying job? Delivering phone books briefly and then McDonald's.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise? At the moment, I'm interested in Crossfit style workouts, but scaled down due to past injuries. I also enjoy walking and biking.

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza? Plain cheese, sometimes I like pepperoni, olives and sausage.

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? I'd either spend most of it in Hawaii or go back to school for something in the medical field. I've always wanted to be a physical therapist!

6. What motivates you to exercise? I want to be able to do things for myself (such as lifting groceries, bending, yard work, etc.), so exercise keeps me strong and agile. I know so many people I went to school with who did not keep up with exercise and are now grossly overweight, can hardly walk, have medical issues and I don't want to be like that.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 02:35 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

OH, I love these!

My VF name is part of another online name that use often, and it's become kind of like part of my identity. I have friends in real life who call me Sassy because of it.

Babysitting, then Burger King

Probably weight lifting, or walking. Oh, and kickboxing! I'm a sucker for a good kickboxing workout.

Onion and green olives

Finish decorating my apartment, spend a lot of time visiting friends and family, spend a lot of time at the cabin. I'd also write.

Primarily to feel good - sometimes that means easing the aches and pains or loosening up my body, sometimes that means strengthening muscles that were starting to feel weak or uncomfortable, and sometimes that means losing some weight.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 03:30 PM  
cmarsh4

My real first name is Christine(Chris) which is my grandmothers middle name.

I worked at Worlds of Fun in Kansas City

Running and Circuits are the top but I have fell in love with Body Beast

I love Taco Pizza(haven't had any pizza since January)

My hubby and I love to travel and fish. I would also like someone up thread said volunteer at an animal shelter

My health(it makes me feel good) and being able to chase after my granddaughter for years to come.
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 07:09 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
1. VF name? Because I really do wish I was in Hawaii!
come visit!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 08:09 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Thanks for starting this, Laura!

1. Why did you choose your VF name?
It's a slight variation from an old book on English grammar and usage: Miss Thistlebottom's Hobgoblins by Theodore Bernstein

Setup girl at an all-you-can-eat restaurant in my hometown

Old school weight training

I don't eat pizza anymore. When I did, I liked pepperoni and black olives.

Make quilts, catch up on reading, volunteer, binge-watch The Gilmore Girls

I want to stay healthy, strong, and flexible as long as I possibly can.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-15, 06:19 PM  
donnamp

Hi - love this thread!

I'm not sure, I think my parents just liked it and at the time ('60's) I guess it was in vogue (I have never met anyone younger than me - soon to be 48 - named "Donna") My VF name is my first name and initials

Probably babysitting

I really enjoy all kinds of exercise, but my favorite is probably fusion, Pilates, Yoga, Classical Stretch, Barre, that sorta stuff. But I will also do traditional weights and "aerobics"

I enjoy just a plain cheese pizza or if I'm going "gourmet" fresh mozzarella and basil leaves (and maybe some sun dried tomatoes)

I would volunteer more, become more proficient at knitting/needle work (I find it relaxing but rarely have the time to actually sit and master it so I could make something more complex than a scarf!), read (I already read a lot but I would read more!), take an art or creative writing class (or both), learn to play the piano, do some soul searching to figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life and take steps to do it, cook more, and do some traveling (I'm a homebody by nature, but I think if time were not so much of an issue I'd like to "explore" more)

It is my stress relief, my "fun" time, my "me" time. I also want to maintain good health and mobility.
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-15, 07:25 PM  
NorthernStar

1. Why did you choose your VF name?
No idea, I've used this on a bunch of forums over the years. I can't remember how I came up with it. I am in Canada, if that counts for northern though!

Babysitting, also I worked at Wendy's when I was 14 until I was 19 (was not a good choice for me - I snacked way too much)

If I had to pick a favourite, it would be Turbo Jam/Turbo Fire. I love Chalene and even though I don't do them all the time, I'll never get sick of these workouts.

I love to lift, and I love yoga too. It's hard to pick.

There's not much I don't like on my pizza! Lately I love goat cheese and sausage

Rent my place out and travel. I have not traveled much in my life and would really like to

I lost a lot of weight (130+ lbs) about 3 years ago and exercise has helped me maintain my weight. It gives me an outlet to maintain my sanity. If I ever don't feel like working out, I look at old pictures of myself. I'm terrified of going back to that.
NorthernStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-15, 08:00 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
T
Make quilts, catch up on reading, volunteer, binge-watch [I]The Gilmore Girls[/I]
Did you see that the Gilmore Girls will be coming out with 4 new episodes? I was so excited!

Tags
getting to know you, user name