Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-15, 07:45 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Fun thread!

I picked my VF name because I like Betty Boop and fitness .

My first paying job was teaching guitar lessons at the age of 12.

My favorite form of exercise is dancing, followed by weight-training.

I like pizza just with cheese and sauce.

If I had a year off, I would devote my time to performing in shows, writing, taking classes and teaching fitness classes.

What motivates me to exercise is to keep my body flexible and strong, to be able to function well in everyday life (i.e. walk long distances, climb stairs and carry heavy bags), to avoid back problems and other postural and joint problems, to keep my heart and cardiovascular system healthy, to get all the other health and mood benefits of exercise, to have good posture, and to look fit.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 07:49 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
6. What motivates you to exercise? I used to weigh 400 pounds, so my weight keep me motivated.
This is amazing!! You are truly an inspiration
Old 10-25-15, 07:56 PM  
Gams

1. "Tammy" movies were popular around the time I was born, so I think that put the idea into Mom's head. As far as my VF name, I got the nickname "Gams" in high school (I was heavy into dance and won some odd "best legs" contest.)
2. Phone girl at a pizza parlor
3. dance
4. Pepperoni, sausage and green olives
5. I'd play it by ear and do whatever felt good that day.
6. For my health
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 08:32 PM  
MathTeacher

1. Why were you given your name? My mother wanted me to have to spell my name (Dawna) for everyone for all eternity. I actually think it was a compromise.

2. What was your first paying job? I'm not sure which came first, math tutor or baby sitter.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise? Anything my uncoordinated body can do.

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza? Black olives.

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? Travel to all 50 states and meet my Add Em Up buddies IRL.

6. What motivates you to exercise? If I don't I gain weight.
Old 10-25-15, 08:46 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
This is amazing!! You are truly an inspiration
Thank you. The last time I only got to 300. I keep trying. Hopefully I will eventually get it all figured out.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 08:50 PM  
curious621

1. I love Curious George and my wedding anniversary is 6/21.
2. I worked at Burger King in a brown and orange polyester uniform. I lasted
two months there!
3. Favorite form of exercise- running, but also Leslie and Jillian DVDs and
yoga for relaxation and stress relief.
4. Just cheese and sometime extra sauce on my pizza.
5. I would love to do dog rescues. We adopted our boy from SASS (save
a shelter Shih Tzu) and I still check out all of their current adoptables and
success stories. Or I could work with gorillas or chimps in Africa- I would
love that too.
6. I exercise to maintain my weight, relieve my stress, but mostly just to
make me feel like a happier, better version of myself!

Laura
curious621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 09:18 PM  
alisoncooks

1. Why did you choose your VF name? . When I first became active in online forums, it was at a cake decorating site. I'm not very creative and "alisonbakes" was taken, so I went with "alisoncooks" (no, Cooks is not my last name -- I sometimes get that in trades, LOL).

2. What was your first paying job? I mowed lawns starting in early high school, mainly for family. After I graduated HS, I washed dishes for 2 days at a seafood restaurant before quitting.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise? I like walking outdoors, but I don't get to do it often (b/c I hate the heat). I like straight-up, basic weights, and I like barre.

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza? Tons of pepperoni, but I'm not particular. (Though I hated school pizza in high school and used to do exactly what Candiceena described upthread. )

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? travel? Finally get some home improvement jobs finished; be consistent with my workouts.

6. What motivates you to exercise? In the past, it has been vanity. Now I would say health and longevity/independence are more at the forefront.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 10:27 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Great idea, Laura!

1. Why were you given your name?/Why did you choose your VF name? (choose one)

I was named after my Aunt Dot, my father's sister--loved her, she was such a lady!

2. What was your first paying job?
Besides babysitting in junior high & high school, I worked as a maid at one of the motels on the beach--yeccchhh, sand everywhere!

3. What is your favorite form of exercise?
I started with the FIRM & still enjoy AWT workouts. But I'm a Cardio Queen--step, dance, walking, stationary bike...

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza?
Pepperoni, mushroom & green peppers

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do?
Travel some, relax a lot.

6. What motivates you to exercise?
I feel better physically & emotionally when I exercise. As so many others have said, exercise keeps me sane.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 06:47 AM  
ladyveg

1. Why were you given your name?/Why did you choose your VF name? (choose one)

My mom wanted to name me Rebecca, but the neighbor lady had a baby first and chose that name, so she settled on Rachel. My VF name has been my Internet handle since 1996. I like that I can use it in so many websites because nobody else uses it, it seems.

2. What was your first paying job?

Besides babysitting and cleaning when I was 12, at 14 I worked at the public library at our town as a "page," (basically putting returned books back on the shelves). One of the BEST jobs I've ever had.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise?

I want to say yoga, but my cardiologist said to view yoga as a "treat." I guess riding my bike--although it has stayed in the garage the past two years. I'm kind of floundering, actually.

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza?

It's not allowed and I'm working toward veganism. But if I were to order a pizza, it would be mushrooms, onions, and black olives with extra cheese, from Pizza Hut (I live in a small town with mostly chain stores.)

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do?

Read and read and read and maybe do a little traveling. I'd try to save as much of it as I can.

6. What motivates you to exercise?

This is a struggle for me. Last week I was told by a cardiologist -- who was very nice -- who said I wouldn't live to see my grandchildren. I'm 41 and my son is 19, so that hit home. I'm walking, which I HATE, but I listen to Audible books, which makes it a little more tolerable.
ladyveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 06:54 AM  
deineira

I love threads like this. Thanks for starting this.

1. Why were you given your name?/Why did you choose your VF name? (choose one) - I am a Classics major and this is a mythological character that is of interest to me. She's Herakles' wife. It's misspelled though, but I stuck with it.

2. What was your first paying job? Working at the local library filing books after school.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise? Athletic, Cathe-like workouts, kickboxing, kettlebells...all sorts of stuff. It varies wildly.=, but always at home. I HATE THE GYM.

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza? Turkey pepperoni...but most of the time I like it plain.

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? Travel, travel and travel.

6. What motivates you to exercise? - Weight management and good health.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, user name