Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-15, 06:34 PM  
samantha-kitty

As someone who has never stopped buying her everyday bras in the girl's department, I am also going to suggest Champion brand (at Target) or Danskin brand (at Walmart). For sports bras I need the XS women's models for impact activities. While I understand the desire for no show through, I personally can't stand the ones with "cookies" for intense workouts as I SWEAT. But I have a couple I really like for yoga and the climbing gym.

Both places seem to be bringing in a variety of different models over time, instead of only changing colors, so it pays to check different stores and every so often (always a good shopping plan for hard to fit sizes). Also both places offer the option of online shopping if you find a model that you really like and want more items than are on the rack. And the price is great and they hold up as long as you line dry them.
samantha-kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-15, 08:57 PM  
Deborah S.

I have the same situation! I have some from Marika that I like. I've bought them both from the website and at TJ Maxx--not sure where they're sold before they end up there.

I also have a few from Body Language Sportswear. I ordered from the website but I think they might have stores in CA--not sure where you're located .
Deborah S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-15, 08:59 PM  
bubbles76

Wow thanks so much for the suggestions! I am going to have to go through this thread again to make sure I don't miss any. It seems that the Champion bras from Target are the ones everyone likes? I do have Moving Comfort bras, but I think the one I have is the Fiona. I do like it very much, but it is quite see through. That is why I am looking for other bras. I have never tried Lulumon, and I am pretty sure there are no stores near me.

I forgot to mention, I don't want removable pads. Pretty sure I would lose them.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-15, 09:09 PM  
Sissy B

Unfortunately the trend seems to be going to removable pads. They're a pain as far as I'm concerned.

Under Armour has some padded sports bras but they are the removable pads. I've seen them in Academy Sports & Outdoors and Dick's Sporting Goods.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-15, 09:18 PM  
IrishOT

I have had good success with some of the padded bras from Danskin, I agree I am not fond of the removable pads because they end up bunching and being a pain in the butt, but I have had success washing them in a bra wash bag like this one. It fits two bras, one on each side. http://www.amazon.com/Honey-Can-Do-L...e+bra+wash+bag

I know moving comfort has some ones with built in padding. I am small chested but have a very large rib cage and they moving comfort ones weren't comfortable for me. They do have mixed reviews on the fit though. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/mov...colorFamily=17
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-15, 09:37 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I think Champion is the way to go if you don't want removable pads -- and even they are going to removable, as someone mentioned. You really think you'd lose them? I never remove mine -- the handful comes with a lingerie bag, so I just put it in that bag, and then some of those individual bags into a larger lingerie bag, and it's never been an issue. (in case that's all you can find, I don't think you need to sweat it)
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-15, 09:54 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
I must say that I tried Handful and was very disappointed. Bad shape (for me) and no support (for me). I gave them away on share the wealth.
I second this. I found them not that supportive and the band was kind of uncomfortable. I returned mine.
You might want to try the Coobie Fusion athletic bra. It is padded but I don't know how good it would be for impact. I have one that is comfy but it is probably a size too large for impact.
http://www.shopcoobie.com/shop?c=sport-bra
Scroll to the bottom of the page to view the Fusion model

ETA: I am not sure I have the current Fusion model. I ordered mine through The Clymb and I am almost certain it came in sizes. The one in the link above is one size only.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-15, 07:17 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah S. View Post
I have the same situation! I have some from Marika that I like. I've bought them both from the website and at TJ Maxx--not sure where they're sold before they end up there.
I have found some great ones by Marika at TJMaxx and Marshalls too! They have padding that can be removed. I don't usually use the padding, but it's very subtle and doesn't add size, which I like.

Other than that, I like Victoria Secret "Pink" bralettes. These are not padded however.

It irritates me when there is so much padding that it adds a size or two. I am not interested in that at all. I can't figure out why anyone would want to appear bigger than they are, and also all that extra padding stuff is hot when you're working out or running ... ugghh!
Old 05-07-15, 08:14 AM  
try2bfit

I have purchased several tank tops in various styles and colors (they have sports bras too) in Marshalls and TJMaxx by Climawear. They have removable pads but are very easy to adjust. I wear them instead of bras now and I also work out in them too. They are about $17.00.
Jody
try2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bras, sports bra