Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-15, 10:59 PM  
Cafelattee

Forget streaming boomers want fitness dvd

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/d...16-1m0ssg.html

though I would share since recent threads discussed this very issue
I'm not a boomer but like my dvd do to the no music choice on newer stuff and the older dvd that have good music and I like streaming workout like studio sweat because its got good music. I do some youtube yoga that do not have music so I can play good music LOL

yes music is important to my workouts

but it mention Jessica smith dvd are still meeting their money goals so it looks like they will be around a bit longer
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-15, 11:17 PM  
Cybersparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafelattee View Post
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/d...16-1m0ssg.html

though I would share since recent threads discussed this very issue
I'm not a boomer but like my dvd do to the no music choice on newer stuff and the older dvd that have good music and I like streaming workout like studio sweat because its got good music. I do some youtube yoga that do not have music so I can play good music LOL

yes music is important to my workouts

but it mention Jessica smith dvd are still meeting their money goals so it looks like they will be around a bit longer
Me too, no good music, no workout lol

Thanks for the article! I don't stream except for free utube. I did not realize most streaming workouts did not have good music

Aww, man - I sure hope that changes as time goes on. I guess I will have to turn the sound down & play my own - but that is so inconvenient!
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-15, 11:26 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I'm not a boomer, I like DVDs too, but my tastes are slow to change, and I like doing the same workout over and over, so I don't constantly need new workouts. I tend to be on the trailing edge of technologies anyway.

That being said, I might be more into streaming if I had real internet...so maybe when I move to the city my preference will change.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-15, 11:47 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Part of the problem is that steaming workouts have less bandwidth, so the quality suffers.
Old 03-17-15, 11:53 PM  
sm4987

Not a boomer but I love DVDS. I enjoy having them around and when my internet has problems I can keep working out without worry.
Old 03-18-15, 12:00 AM  
slinks

Totally the real thing here too, dvds rule
slinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-15, 12:51 AM  
JulieIL

I'm also not a Boomer, but I appreciate DVDs for their reliability (always able to access). I also like owning the item, so that I can resell or gift it if it's not getting used.

I would be swayed towards streaming if the music were really good (current songs, even house music). I would be sold on the TA streaming if it were affordable at all (it's $475 for 6 months, or $270 for 3 months! ) (there is also not a library of workouts: apparently each workout is removed weekly as the new one is put up).

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-15, 04:41 AM  
Lannette

I'm still hanging onto some VHS tapes! My internet connection also makes streaming an extremely choppy, disjointed experience.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-15, 08:12 AM  
cherimac

The reason I like streaming and downloads over DVDs(and I'm 50) is space. I move a lot with my husband's job and don't like packing and moving workouts.
Old 03-18-15, 08:20 AM  
TinaT

I have no desire to stream my workouts. Owning the physical item is what I want. I hope instructors realize there is a place for both. (figured crossed)
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boomers, downloadable workouts, downloads, dvds, streaming workouts, vintage vfers