Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-12-15, 11:59 AM  
Cafelattee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
That would be one of my top picks, until I tried this:

UnderArmour Sports Bra

I initially balked at it being criminally expensive, but it's the best one I have ever had EVER. It holds everything in place, but isn't so snug that you are dying to tear it off the moment your workout is done and you can actually forget you are wearing a sports bra.

Also - perhaps TMI - I am prone to high beams, so the light padding on these keep it under control also, again better than any bra I've owned. My job requires me to be in sports wear in public, so this is an important point for me.

The Fiona is still good and my most-often used one at home.
I'm middle age and wear this bra in 32 D. I have 2 that I've been wearing for over a year. I don't hand wash them. I do air dry them if I have the time but they are often thrown in the dryer. I found them to compressing with the pads so I removed them and they fit well.

Oh and they are only $49.00 at my local Dick's store in AL. I just order several moving comfort just last night just because I want a change something less prison matron.
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-15, 12:36 PM  
jennstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-132...666-womens.jsp - this one is my favorite. I have it in four colors (for some reason, it's only available in two colors right now at Kohls, which is where I purchased my four).

I am a 38C and they keep everything in place during a run or any of Cathe's high impact workouts.

Thanks for posting this Pascal! I just looked on Amazon and they have these bras in all different colors from $23-$45. I just purchased a blue one, and they have free returns.
jennstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-15, 01:35 PM  
upperwside

I have tried them all.. and still do.. nothing works for me except the Ta ta Tamer by Lululemon. It feels good.. keeps me in place .. no bounce.. no pop out while doing sprawls etc. I have many of them and not an issue with any of them. They also wash well and are very comfortable. I tried the Bitty Bracer too.. but too hard to get off when sweaty with the racer back. It is hook and eye closure at the bottom part.. but racer on the top.. still need to pull over the head. Ta ta one is perfect.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-15, 02:08 PM  
slysam

I am not sure about one that is loose on the ribcage as most of the support should come from the ribcage. Even when I was young and firm, I could not do any impact activity comfortably without a good sports bra since I wear a 32 F. I have found a few that work well for me, unfortunately the ones in Ross, TJMaxx, etc never work for me. If they come in small, medium or large type sizes they don't work for me (unless I double up), they have to come in band and cup sizes. I found Felinia's underwire sport bra works and actually looks very good under clothing (as long as they top isn't low cut as it is a sports bra), Glamorise has a front fasten sports bra that works well, it has dozens of little hooks down the front like a corset, it looks awful under clothing though as it gives uniboob and the closure bulges a little. And Shock Absorber level 4 (the highest level) works okay and looks okay under crew neck tops (the bra comes up so high--this one actually covers cleavage so it would show under v-neck and when I wear it with a polo top I can only unbutton one button instead of the two I usually do. I have heard good things about some of the others mentioned, but haven't tried them since I have four that work (I have two of the Shock Absorber). All of them hug the ribcage though. I've had the bras mentioned over a year, and some are 5 years old. I can comfortably run, do plyos and jumprope with the three I mentioned and that is quite an accomplishment. In college when young and fit, I only tried the slip over the head type and limited myself to lower impact because of the bounce factor.

I use to hand wash them, but I machine wash (cold) and air dry them now. I also buy them so they are snug on the largest hook (a tip I learned from a sales person in a lingerie store) so if they stretch I can move to the inner hooks.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-15, 07:35 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I am thinking of trying the Ta Ta Tamer as I am in the same boat and can't find a good bra, although a recent purchase at Victoria's Secret has been pretty good. I'll have to look up the style and repost it here. Anyway, is the sizing pretty accurate or does the Tamer run smaller/larger?

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-15, 08:01 AM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
I am thinking of trying the Ta Ta Tamer as I am in the same boat and can't find a good bra, although a recent purchase at Victoria's Secret has been pretty good. I'll have to look up the style and repost it here. Anyway, is the sizing pretty accurate or does the Tamer run smaller/larger?
I buy a 32DD as it's my size and they fit perfect ..but I also have a few that's a 34DD and on the last hook and eye it fits fine as well. I use that one during PMS time as my breast will swell and it feels more comfortable... or for weight lifting. I feel they are true to size.. I take the padded cups out. Why would a DD cup need pads? Haa
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-15, 09:21 PM  
DejaDeb

Besides wanted comfort, support and coverage (i.e, you can't tell when I'm cold! ), my criteria for a new sports bra included having "regular' bra staps, not "racerback" straps (I have a hard time getting those on & off. ) I bought these at Kohls and I absolutely love them (and I got mine on sale): http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-147...209-womens.jsp
Old 02-13-15, 11:59 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

lots of good selections but most here as well as the threads referenced are for large breasted women. I'm medium as mentioned, b/c. So if anyone has ideas for those bras- I think Sophie had a few- please keep them going.

I did want to mention that in the last week, I have seen many of the bras mentioned here at Marshalls. Many versions of Underarmour, including some that look very close to those mentioned. I think I bought the Champion Sophie suggested- again, not sure if I'm not going big enough in the cup or the band size, but these aren't controlling the top bounce.

Today I bought Moving Comfort for 16 dollars- I think it is the Fiona as well as one I can't remember- it's one of those 50dollar bras and it was 12. Many of these top lines bras had 30 inch bands, but there were tons of 34 B champions in the style Sophie referenced. Be sure to look at the racks where they have exercise wear sorted by color, . My new bras are in the bright orange family.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-15, 12:26 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I am a 40D, and like someone upthread, bounce doesn't really bother me...but also I don't really do any impact stuff. However, a few years ago I wanted a supportive bra because I felt insecure about movement for when I go to classes, and tried this Champion Jogbra Action-Shape Sports Bra (style 72 on the tag). It might be discontinued, but it did what I needed. I do find it a little bit too constraining, especially compared to my light support bras I use at home. But not so much I can't handle and I only use this bra when I exercise in public.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-15, 09:02 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
i take the padded cups out. Why would a dd cup need pads? Haa
No kidding!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags