Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-15, 08:49 AM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
I'm well endowed but go bra-less as much as possible, including when bouncing on a bungee or stability ball daily. I guess it would have been difficult depending on time of the month in younger years but being postmenopausal, the extra sensitivity is gone.

I really believe bras restrict lymph movement and bouncing promotes it.

Barb S
I see what you mean, though it can be uncomfortable having the girls hit me in the face
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 10:05 AM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hej View Post
I use this one, the Moving Comfort Fiona Bra.

http://www.movingcomfort.com/en_us/f...ra/350003.html

I still bounce, but it's the most effective and comfortable I've tried.
That would be one of my top picks, until I tried this:

UnderArmour Sports Bra

I initially balked at it being criminally expensive, but it's the best one I have ever had EVER. It holds everything in place, but isn't so snug that you are dying to tear it off the moment your workout is done and you can actually forget you are wearing a sports bra.

Also - perhaps TMI - I am prone to high beams, so the light padding on these keep it under control also, again better than any bra I've owned. My job requires me to be in sports wear in public, so this is an important point for me.

The Fiona is still good and my most-often used one at home.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman

Last edited by Sophie; 02-11-15 at 10:06 AM. Reason: typos
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 11:14 AM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
Ahem... please no talk of young and firm

I have found the best thing that works for me simply is any good sports bra, with a leotard over the top. The leotard seems to hold the girls in place.
This!

I buy my sports bras at Old Navy. I'm somewhere between sizes, but I size down to really hold the girls in. Then I wear a good sports tank with a built-in "support area" like this: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...413879.4414440

And voila! No movement! I am a DD, btw.

Quote:
I'm well endowed but go bra-less as much as possible, including when bouncing on a bungee or stability ball daily. I guess it would have been difficult depending on time of the month in younger years but being postmenopausal, the extra sensitivity is gone.
Oh MY that sounds like my worst nightmare! LOL I can't even sleep with the twins just flopping around in there---I even have to sleep with a cami with a built-in support panel!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 12:23 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
I can't even sleep with the twins just flopping around in there---I even have to sleep with a cami with a built-in support panel!
I know exactly what you mean! Since I've gotten older and after having lost weight, I really needed something to wear at night. I found these to be a comfortable solution: Bali Women's Comfort Revolution Wire-free Bra

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 04:26 PM  
videofit

I've discovered the joys of minimizer bras. There are some sexy ones out there now. I don't really need one as I am a slim hourglass but I like the support they give and they make my tops fit better. Like a lightweight sports bra.
Old 02-12-15, 10:14 AM  
Pascal

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-132...666-womens.jsp - this one is my favorite. I have it in four colors (for some reason, it's only available in two colors right now at Kohls, which is where I purchased my four).

I am a 38C and they keep everything in place during a run or any of Cathe's high impact workouts.
Old 02-12-15, 10:49 AM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
I know exactly what you mean! Since I've gotten older and after having lost weight, I really needed something to wear at night. I found these to be a comfortable solution: Bali Women's Comfort Revolution Wire-free Bra
Awesome - thank you!

Ok so, inspired by this thread (and some research), I decided to pony up and bought an Enell bra yesterday. YIKES. I could buy 3 or 4 bras at Old Navy for that price. For that price, I need to be encased in a cement-like standstill. LOL
Old 02-12-15, 10:54 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
Awesome - thank you!

Ok so, inspired by this thread (and some research), I decided to pony up and bought an Enell bra yesterday. YIKES. I could buy 3 or 4 bras at Old Navy for that price. For that price, I need to be encased in a cement-like standstill. LOL
'Tis true....but I'm a DD gal and I go through the cheap bras in a few months. Even though I hand-wash, they get stretched out too quickly. I invest in workout shoes and workout bras, and go cheap or sale on my workout clothes.

Let us know how the Enell holds up for you (no pun intended).
Old 02-12-15, 10:58 AM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
'Tis true....but I'm a DD gal and I go through the cheap bras in a few months. Even though I hand-wash, they get stretched out too quickly. I invest in workout shoes and workout bras, and go cheap or sale on my workout clothes.

Let us know how the Enell holds up for you (no pun intended).
I will - thank you! And you are right--good shoes and bras are a great investment.
Old 02-12-15, 11:59 AM  
Cafelattee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
That would be one of my top picks, until I tried this:

UnderArmour Sports Bra

I initially balked at it being criminally expensive, but it's the best one I have ever had EVER. It holds everything in place, but isn't so snug that you are dying to tear it off the moment your workout is done and you can actually forget you are wearing a sports bra.

Also - perhaps TMI - I am prone to high beams, so the light padding on these keep it under control also, again better than any bra I've owned. My job requires me to be in sports wear in public, so this is an important point for me.

The Fiona is still good and my most-often used one at home.
I'm middle age and wear this bra in 32 D. I have 2 that I've been wearing for over a year. I don't hand wash them. I do air dry them if I have the time but they are often thrown in the dryer. I found them to compressing with the pads so I removed them and they fit well.

Oh and they are only $49.00 at my local Dick's store in AL. I just order several moving comfort just last night just because I want a change something less prison matron.
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bra, enell bra, no bounce sports bras, sports bra