Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-10-15, 10:02 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Bras- no bounce for those of us who aren't young and firm?

I know this gets discussed a lot around here. But I want a bra that stops movement, but it can't be too tight around the rib cage because then I get gallbladder types symptoms sometimes.

I'm moving to the upper end of middle age, was never firm, etc. etc. etc. It hurts to bounce.

I tried a bra I thought was sized - ie band and cup, a 36B high impact under armour bra- uh, it did not at all stop bounce, it just all bounced together. I recently bought a med impact Fila Bra and while it is very comfortable, it has little support. I may have needed a smaller underarmour bra.

I had been wearing 2 at a time, but the bras are all so darn old, that isn't working anymore either. There used to be a style of Champion at Target that worked but now they are all camisole tops or lots of padding.

I'm a 34/36 B/C. Help!
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-15, 11:03 PM  
Tinks

I think I've given up hope of finding a sports bra that can hold them down. I've looked at reviews, gone and tried on several sports bras, and none of them work that great. I usually use the Enell sports bra, which is supposed to be one of the best, and I still bounce like crazy. I just try to do low impact moves where I'm not jumping because like you, I can't stand them bouncing. It's very uncomfortable.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-15, 11:07 PM  
bfit

I don't have a specific bra to recommend, but have you looked at the bras at Title 9 sports? They have a website and a print catalog, and they have lots of bras. The bras are rated by how much support they offer, and Title 9 has a generous return policy.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-15, 11:20 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I recently bought some Champion Women's Sport Comfort Full Support Sports Bras and I've been satisfied with them. I usually wear a 34C, but I found the 36C was more comfortable and it is supportive enough for me. They have them at Kohl's, too.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-15, 11:55 PM  
JulieIL

The Enell sports bra (called "The Last Resort Bra" on the Title 9 site) is the best I've found. Be warned, though, that this bra is seriously ugly (resembles a bullet-proof vest!) & packs me in so much that it looks unnatural & strange. I must say, though, the girls don't budge with this bra.

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 12:36 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
I recently bought some Champion Women's Sport Comfort Full Support Sports Bras and I've been satisfied with them. I usually wear a 34C, but I found the 36C was more comfortable and it is supportive enough for me. They have them at Kohl's, too.
I second the recommendation for the Champion Sport Comfort (Champion 1602), although some places refer to it as "spot" comfort. I also like the Moving Comfort Fiona. See others' (including my) recommendations here:

The no bounce sports bra

High impact sports bra?

Not sure if they will be too tight around the ribcage for you, but I find both styles comfortable. They also cut down the amount of bounce significantly compared to other bras I tried (and I always jump up and down when trying on sports bra to test them).
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 01:16 AM  
Bubbeez

I second the Moving Comfort brand, however the Fiona doesn't do it for me. The Jubralee is the best containment I've found. It is sized small, so I go up a size for comfort.

Good luck in your search!
Bubbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 02:46 AM  
Hej

I use this one, the Moving Comfort Fiona Bra.

http://www.movingcomfort.com/en_us/f...ra/350003.html

I still bounce, but it's the most effective and comfortable I've tried.
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 05:44 AM  
Calistro

Ahem... please no talk of young and firm

I have found the best thing that works for me simply is any good sports bra, with a leotard over the top. The leotard seems to hold the girls in place.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 06:13 AM  
horsemom2

I'm well endowed but go bra-less as much as possible, including when bouncing on a bungee or stability ball daily. I guess it would have been difficult depending on time of the month in younger years but being postmenopausal, the extra sensitivity is gone.

I really believe bras restrict lymph movement and bouncing promotes it.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bra, enell bra, no bounce sports bras, sports bra