Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-09-15, 11:33 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Barb L!! Congrats on meeting Mr. Fab! LOVE THAT.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-15, 09:39 AM  
daisysunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Yes, please could you give her a message that she is really missed on VF. Thanks!
that's very sweet of you to say hihi

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-15, 03:28 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I consider myself in the VF generation after the original veteran crew, joining less than a year after the big software update that changed everyone's join date. It's great to see some familiar faces here, especially those who were such big influences on me in the CCT check in. Welcome back everyone!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-15, 03:07 PM  
Michele S

Hi! I was on the *old* forum and was a regular poster for a few yrs on this forum... Was in my 20's 30's with 2 kids. Then had my 3rd and posted much less regularly. (Work and 3 kids will do that to you. )

Then got cancer, had a ton of surgeries and chemo and took some time crawling out of *that* craptastic hole.

Still a vidiot throughout.

A couple yrs ago, I started running/jogging. Getting outside was essential to getting (mentally) through the stress... So, I've relied less heavily on DVDs.

However, I do all of my strength training at home bc I have to modify lots and I get self-conscious at the gym.

Long story short, STILL HERE!! Mostly lurking.
Old 01-15-15, 04:08 PM  
Maryan, Paris
VF Supporter

It's great to see you all posting, Laura, Susan, Michele, ... I am glad I started this thread
Maryan, Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-15, 04:15 PM  
SeptemberGirl

I guess I'm considered vintage too. I used to post frequently years ago...not sure why I drifted away from it. I do, however, regularly read the forums because I still consider this place a wealth of knowledge, and ok maybe also a very enabling place too!

I'm still an avid video exerciser/collector and lately, have been combining classic Anna-era Firms with current Beachbody workouts in my rotations.
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-15, 05:20 PM  
AZY
VF Supporter

I found this in the 90's as well, although always more a lurker than poster, but have grown 'cyber-fond' so many wonderful people. I will never ever forget the 'cyber-shower' I was thrown by many wonderful VF'ers when I adopted my two kids from Russia back in 2003..I get teary just thinking about it...

Anyway, other long timers that come to mind: Lydia, SharonNYC, Sophie, Loretta, Kimberly33, Aline, AnneV, and Francesca (from Malta) some of which still post and others, can't recall in a long time.

Great thread! Anne Y
AZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-15, 06:56 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Am I allowed to say that a veteran VFer whose posts I miss is WWWendy? I found VF back in the late 90s through some reviews she had written for another site, including Cathe's Power Max and Kari Anderson' Fitness Formula. Her reviews were well written and the convinced me to try those workouts. From there, I discovered VF, and my collection and love of workout videos has only grown. Her reviews were always very insightful and well balanced, and I found them very valuable.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-15, 10:09 AM  
Michele S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
Am I allowed to say that a veteran VFer whose posts I miss is WWWendy?
where is WWWendy? And Clare?
Old 01-16-15, 10:23 AM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
Am I allowed to say that a veteran VFer whose posts I miss is WWWendy? I found VF back in the late 90s through some reviews she had written for another site, including Cathe's Power Max and Kari Anderson' Fitness Formula. Her reviews were well written and the convinced me to try those workouts. From there, I discovered VF, and my collection and love of workout videos has only grown. Her reviews were always very insightful and well balanced, and I found them very valuable.
Aww, thanks Paula! The thing is, I've gotten rather boring in my "old age." I am not really buying new workouts and I am mostly just sticking with what works for me, and running/walking is my main cardio and I have more than enough strength workouts and sometimes I just lift weights on my own with music. I don't know why at some point I stopped craving variety, but I did. Simpler works better for me at this stage. It's perhaps Vidiot sacrilege to say it, but it's the truth.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
veteran vfers, vintage vfers