Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-14, 02:17 PM  
susand

easy going workout=prime time.
toning and shaping=workout with weights.

seems like an odd choice of dvds to release. no step videos released but 'the new workout' and the original workout? why not the lean routine and the step vids? the complete workout was already released on dvd once with the stress reduction and light aerobics.
susand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-14, 05:15 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
Light Aerobics and Stress Reduction Program is on YouTube, but I hope it gets released on DVD. Maybe if this first batch of videos sells well, we'll get a second batch.
I hope they sell well too because I think it is actually the later workouts (steps workouts, lean routine etc ) that most people want.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 06:26 AM  
Anny

I ordered the Original Workout. I used to do that every single day, back in 1980s...
Old 11-16-14, 11:10 AM  
Roxie65

Jane Fonda's step workout and some of her others are available on YouTube for free.
Roxie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 11:24 AM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Original Workout was the first exercise routine on video that I was exposed to. The VHS belonged to my mom and I did it regularly in high school. Later, still in high school, I invested my Burger King job money on Cindy Crawford's and Claudia Schiffer's VHS offerings. I will definitely get Jane's Original Workout!
Old 11-16-14, 04:02 PM  
Anny

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
Original Workout was the first exercise routine on video that I was exposed to. The VHS belonged to my mom and I did it regularly in high school. Later, still in high school, I invested my Burger King job money on Cindy Crawford's and Claudia Schiffer's VHS offerings. I will definitely get Jane's Original Workout!
Same here..Jane was my first exposure to workout videos. Then I did Cindy, and I have two of her workouts on DVD ...so can't wait to get Jane's Original on DVD too!
Old 11-18-14, 06:09 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

My first exposure to Jane was a workout that had someone singing in it. I can't remember what it was called and don't seem to have the VHS version to check.
Kathy Smith beat Jane to my workout shelf as my first workout VHS and Jane came second but I actually had more Jane workouts than Kathy for a few years. Jane's were entertaining as well as workouts.
Old 11-18-14, 07:07 PM  
susand

I think you are referring to jane fonda's 'new workout' which is also going to be available on dvd
susand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-14, 06:07 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Thanks for helping with the name of that one! I might go ahead and order that one too.
Old 12-11-14, 08:35 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

I ordered the Original workout and the Easy Going workout.

I had Jane's book when it came out and used to do the routine regularly. I look forward to the DVD and the 80s vibe. I never had her Original workout video because I didn't have a TV.

I'm wrapping things up at my workplace because I'm retiring at the end of this month. I'm training my replacement and making sure everything is documented and so on. It's very draining and I am exhausted when I get home. The workouts I'm doing at the moment are Jane's Prime Time workouts. I love them--especially the yoga. I use more challenging weights than the strength workout calls for, and I do more challenging yoga postures than are demonstrated in her yoga workout, but what I like is that these workouts leave me feeling refreshed. The length and the pacing are perfect for me right now.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jane fonda