Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-14, 08:10 PM  
alisoncooks

Recognizing background exercisers :)

Does anyone else love it when you recognize a background exerciser? Perhaps they are a backgrounder in other workouts -- or have their own workouts now?

I'm working through the Powerfit Harmony dvds.... and there's that blond lady who is in several of Jillian's (?) workouts. And probably more, she looks very familiar.

And there's Cat Chiarelli -- she's done 10 Min Solution and Crunch videos.

Well, today I just realized that the other backgrounder in Harmony is Holly Perkins (who now has Baladea). I'm sure everyone else already knew this, LOL, but I was kinda like "Ooh, ooh! I recognize her!"

LOL.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 08:25 PM  
amery

I get excited too. It was really exciting the first time I saw someone I went to high school with as a background exerciser...I had to keep rewinding and pausing the video to make sure it was really her.
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 08:56 PM  
sunday

I always get a kick out of Shaun T. in Grace Lazenby's All the Right Moves series. He's always in the back doing leg lifts and plies and struggling the entire time.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 09:15 PM  
bubbles76

I cannot remember which dvd I was doing or maybe just previewing on youtube recently, but I saw Deazie in a dvd that wasn't one of Cathe's. I was so happy to see her; I just think she is so pretty and has a great physique.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 09:20 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I always get a kick out of Shaun T. in Grace Lazenby's All the Right Moves series. He's always in the back doing leg lifts and plies and struggling the entire time.
i didn't know that! this is the original one, only on VHS, right?

I like doing the Firm Volume 6 because it has so many future leads in the cast - check my list to make sure I got everyone:

Stephanie Corley (guess her current name)
Kelsie Daniels
Pam Cauthen
Tracie Longerbeam
Libby Cowarth

Heidi Tanner is in one of the classics as a cast member - I can't remember, & Christa Suggs is in one of the Tri-Trainers.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 10:08 PM  
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i didn't know that! this is the original one, only on VHS, right?

I like doing the Firm Volume 6 because it has so many future leads in the cast - check my list to make sure I got everyone:

Stephanie Corley (guess her current name)
Kelsie Daniels
Pam Cauthen
Tracie Longerbeam
Libby Cowarth

Heidi Tanner is in one of the classics as a cast member - I can't remember, & Christa Suggs is in one of the Tri-Trainers.
No, it's not in the original. It's in the series of six dvds she put out after that, while with iTrain. He's in most of them, and he really, really struggles at times!

For example, this is one of the dvds, Absolute Arms and Abs-
Absolute Arms and Abs

It's virtually impossible to find this series anymore, but it's one of my favorites and probably my most used set.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 10:13 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I cannot remember which dvd I was doing or maybe just previewing on youtube recently, but I saw Deazie in a dvd that wasn't one of Cathe's. I was so happy to see her; I just think she is so pretty and has a great physique.
She is actually in a whole lot of DVDs I think some of the Shape ones, and I know she is in that Gaiam one by Tanja D (I'm not even gonna try to spell her name) There's several others, but I can't think of them right now.

Cat Chiarelli is in a lot of DVDs as well. She backgrounds in some prevention (with Chris), and also an older Jessica Smith one. She backgrounds in a few Jeanette Jenkins ones. i know there's more - oh yeah, Body Gospel!

I totally love seeing ones that I recognize. There is one named Madison, that I think just has the sweetest smile for a backgrounder - it doesn't look plastered
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 10:51 PM  
4leftlimbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
There is one named Madison, that I think just has the sweetest smile for a backgrounder - it doesn't look plastered
Omigod. It's crazy how many workouts she's in! I think the earliest one I've seen her in is Core Secrets (though I did not purchase this until much, much later). Makes me wonder why she hasn't put out her own workout. She must have a lot of contacts in the fitness industry after working with so many people. Every time I do a workout with her in it, I wonder what her life is like...
4leftlimbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 11:36 PM  
ADoll

It's funny how my HS friend posted on FB that she was in L.A. making a Christian exercise DVD and posted a pic of her with 4 people who will be in the DVD. I got so excited when I told her I knew 3 of the 4-Stephanie Huckabee, Tony Lattimore from P90X and Basheerah Ahmad from Pink Method. They all said Hi! and Stephanie even asked when's girls night!
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-14, 01:10 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoll View Post
It's funny how my HS friend posted on FB that she was in L.A. making a Christian exercise DVD and posted a pic of her with 4 people who will be in the DVD. I got so excited when I told her I knew 3 of the 4-Stephanie Huckabee, Tony Lattimore from P90X and Basheerah Ahmad from Pink Method. They all said Hi! and Stephanie even asked when's girls night!
That's so cool!

I "know" Madison! If I'm not wrong she is Xtreme Time Saver by Jackie Warner, well and lot of other videos! I agree she has a very sweet smile, and is very athletic! Jericho is on the same video, I remember when I did this workout the first time I said, hey she is Les Mills Pump too as an instructor!

Alison, I did PowerFit Harmony and I didn't realized Holly Perkins was there at all , but then I haven't watch Baladea clips that much either.

Today, I was watching JNL Fusion clips, and I just realized one of the background exercisers has a youtube channel with lots of exercises, I think his name is Scott I can't remember well rigth now, but I was like Oa... I "know" you!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
background exercisers, basheerah ahmad, cat chiarelli