Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-16-14, 06:32 AM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

If you have an HDMI enabled TV, Google Chromecast is $35 and you can stream easily anything that can be played from within Google Chrome browser, YouTube, Netflix and others. It is like Apple TV.
Old 03-16-14, 08:37 AM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaH View Post
I have horrible internet, very slow, spotty and unreliable. I stream from udaya.com but download to my computer. The workouts I like best I burn to DVD. I feel like a dinosaur, but for where I live right now this is what I have to do.
DianaH, I am in a similar situation with my internet. How do you download from udaya to your PC?
Old 03-16-14, 11:05 AM  
rose181

For streaming I love YogaGlo.com and Myyogaonline.com both have great instructors and such terrific variety. I think if your into yoga, streaming is definitely the way to go.
rose181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 11:10 AM  
DianaH

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
DianaH, I am in a similar situation with my internet. How do you download from udaya to your PC?
I downloaded an extension for my browser (Chrome) called Video Downloader Professional. I cue up the video (turning HD off first) and then click on the arrow in my toolbar and it gives the option to download.

Of course, I am trying to do one at the moment and it keeps timing out because... my internet is too slow. It's been giving me fits all weekend, but when it works, it's wonderful.
DianaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-14, 10:21 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I also have Gymbox, Gaiam and a couple of others on my Roku, but I sorta miss the "big name" instructors - Cathe, Kelly, Ravi/Ana, Ilaria, etc.
This is the reason I have not transitioned to streaming....I don't want to have to "settle" for certain instructors....I want whom I want!
Old 03-17-14, 10:44 AM  
Exercise Diva

Right now I stream pretty exclusively from the Barre3 online site to my laptop and then from there to my tv via an HDMI cable. It was a little tricky for me to setup at first but i'm a tech idiot - there are some great Youtube videos showing you how to do this. Now that's it setup, I just plug in and play.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-14, 01:41 PM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I also have Gymbox, Gaiam and a couple of others on my Roku, but I sorta miss the "big name" instructors - Cathe, Kelly, Ravi/Ana, Ilaria, etc. -
Have you tried fitnessclass.com? There are many big name instructors on there, including Ilaria and Cathe. If you have an Apple device you can download videos (not possible on Android devices) and the streaming is a good deal at $9.99 per month. I did it for a month but had problems with some of the videos buffering too much. Customer service was very responsive and fixed the videos but that did not help in the middle of a workout. I tried it last year; perhaps their service has improved since then. For the money, it's worth checking out if you want those particular instructors. You can see the names of instructors and workouts before signing up so you can make sure that it's a good fit for you.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-14, 01:49 PM  
naturallove

starbelly's comment made me think of Amazon streaming and exercise dvds. There are a decent amount of free workouts included in the Prime membership (e.g. Ballet Beautiful), but Cathe has a couple on there that are really reasonable to rent ($2.99 or so).
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-14, 05:13 PM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaH View Post
I downloaded an extension for my browser (Chrome) called Video Downloader Professional. I cue up the video (turning HD off first) and then click on the arrow in my toolbar and it gives the option to download.

Of course, I am trying to do one at the moment and it keeps timing out because... my internet is too slow. It's been giving me fits all weekend, but when it works, it's wonderful.
Diana, did you purchase this product? I have downloaded it, but it will not copy any streaming videos for me.
Old 03-29-14, 07:25 AM  
katmom

Bumping! I just finished Power Hour on Udaya and 40 minutes into the practice, I had to reload and fast forward to where I had last viewed. Any recommendations to download streaming videos (free or purchased) are welcome.

Tags
amazon prime videos, digital video, download to dvd, samsung, streaming video, streaming workouts