Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-14, 10:37 AM  
mtnmom

I remember when I first stumbled upon VF. At the time, the only forum I had ever experienced was the Collage Video Forum. CV's forum only had two places to put posts, "ask Collage" or "Open Forum". There wasn't all that much posted in a day and you could easily keep up with everything talked about.

So when I came to VF, I opened the first thread. "An Introduction, Join me!"

Even then, it was several pages long. I read 3 or 4 pages and thought, "This is boring, when are they ever going to talk about the videos?"

I didn't come back for a couple of months and noticed the other threads below the "Introduction" one. Ooops. Then I was hooked for hours. It got even worse once I found the search option.

Gee, what a newb I was!
Old 02-18-14, 12:16 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I wasn't one of the very first moderators. I was on a Cathe trip when Wendy asked me if I wanted to be one. I don't know when moderators started or why.

The Firm did mall tours one year, and I think stopped before they were all done for some reason. I planned the first Firm trips and didn't even go. Then contacted Cathe about a first Cathe trip and didn't go on that one either!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 12:30 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

It's fun to go back to memory lane. Thanks Abbe for starting this thread and posting a link to the ads because that's how I remembered my join date. Oxygen magazine wrote something in their Jan/Feb 1998 issue about VF. That's when I first joined. At first, I also looked at the reviews section. I remember thinking, "I finally found people like me!!" At the time, I had about 75 videos. MaryAnn Parker and Annie S. wrote a bunch of reviews and they had more videos than me!! I said something like that to my DH. My DH and daughters know about VF. They know that I have on-line VF friends. My daughters and I also met some Utah VFers (they were young and wanted to go to Build A Bear at the mall). I also met some VFers when I did the Todd Gheisar and Spinvervals: Enter The Red Zone filming.

Lollie, I remember when Pilar posted!! I also remember when you used to post about your DD's cross-country running in high school. I remember since I also used to run track and cross-country in high school so I was interested in your posts.

Joni, I remember reading about the Firm and Cathe trips. I wished that I could have went on one of the Firm trips and met Anna. I also didn't know that they used to do mall workouts. How fun!!
Old 02-18-14, 04:36 PM  
Lollie
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=FitBoop;2363445]Hi Lollie! It's great to see you posting!

Hi Abbe! Thanks for starting this thread!
Lollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 04:41 PM  
Lollie
VF Supporter

Helen, I wonder if Pilar checks in from time to time.

My daughter is still running. Had good h.s. and college running careers. She's training now for the Shamrock Half in March. It will be held here in VA Beach!
Lollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 07:06 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

MaryAnn Parker and I used to email all the time! I remember Pilar and also Roberta Kagno, who hasn't been here in years!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 10:03 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

It's really interesting to read how so many people (including me) were surprised to learn that there were other people who liked to do exercise videos at home. I didn't know anyone else who was as obsessed with everything fitness as I was, until I found the VF forum. Prior to finding VF, one of the highlights of my life was receiving a Collage catalog in the mail (which I still enjoy---gotta order from there because I want them to stay in business forever ).
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 10:27 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitboop View Post
it's really interesting to read how so many people (including me) were surprised to learn that there were other people who liked to do exercise videos at home. I didn't know anyone else who was as obsessed with everything fitness as i was, until i found the vf forum. Prior to finding vf, one of the highlights of my life was receiving a collage catalog in the mail (which i still enjoy---gotta order from there because i want them to stay in business forever ).
+1
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 11:18 PM  
dbclark44

What a nice look back story. I enjoyed reading it and appreciate all the work they initially put out to get the site up and running. I discovered Cathe thru this site. At the time I came across the site I was a Firm Believer doing Firm exclusively for my weight work. I was ecstatic to discover Cathe in 2003. She is my go to weights girl.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
how did you find vf, vf history, videofitness.com