Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-23-14, 06:42 AM  
cristinalatina

My favourite dvdd from my collection are GIFTS from VF friends, especially during my pregnancy. I treasure them, as well as my friends who send me gifts overseas with tremendous generosity and kindness!
Old 01-23-14, 08:18 AM  
RachelW

I don't even post things that often but I feel like such a part of this community. I love to see what people are doing. This is definetely a special place.
Old 01-23-14, 10:07 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelW View Post
I don't even post things that often but I feel like such a part of this community. I love to see what people are doing. This is definetely a special place.
What she said!

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 11:53 AM  
lrb04

I know the word imaginary is used for effect but I truly believe the people that I come to know here even though I have never met them ARE MY FRIENDS! After getting to know certain people better through check ins or common interest, I feel like they know me more than other friends because of my daily check ins & conversations with them. They know what exercise things I like & have been helpful in many ways. I find this place is more mentally focused than physically as if you are meeting people in person. People may try not to size a person up in person but it is hard not to have an effect on a friendship. Your thoughts are you & even if a photo is shown what shines through is your posts & not how you walk or talk. For this reason there is a closer type of feeling because it is all so thought orientated. I have gotten recipes, support & advice here! My DH knows VF from my telling him about my friends pets & such. I took a break from VF but came back appreciating my friends here even more!

I can truly call my friends her my friends as much as any person I know in person!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 12:50 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

ITA Fran! I find this especially true through the check-ins. The people I've "met" are such wonderful, awesome people and I look forward to chatting with them every day! In fact, I feel the same way as Fran that in some ways my check in buddies (as well as some of you here on GD!) know me better than my IRL friends...especially the ones I don't see every day. VF has given me an outlet that has improved my life in ways tangible (encouraging my exercise consistency, push myself harder/stronger) and intangible (support, people to vent to, etc.).
Old 01-23-14, 12:53 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I never thought of calling you "pen pals." When I talk about you to non-VF friends I say "my on-line exercise support group."
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 01:00 PM  
Luv2WO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post

Yesterday I came home from work and he said an envelope came in the mail for me. It was a brand new Suzanne Bowen's Barre Amped set that LUV2WO sent me when she got an extra set and thought I would like it (seriously, how awesome and generous is that!?! THANK YOU ) When I told this story to my man, he just could not believe that someone I had never met or talk to would send me DVDs just like that.
Hey Fuzzie! I am so glad you received the DVDs and I hope you like them.

I love this forum. I hardly post but I love reading about the latest and greatest DVDs and fitness trends. I can't tell you how much I appreciate everyone's input and views...I learn so much here every day. I read VF on vacation, at night, in the morning, at work, and pretty much any time I have free time. It is an escape for me, especially during stressful times. I am not sure what I would do without this place. It has been a lifesaver for me both physically and mentally (financially not so much).
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 01:36 PM  
neatski

Just joining in on the VF love,

There is so much kindness and love on here. I couldn't believe how many people remembered that I had been pregnant and welcomed me back after months of absence.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 01:44 PM  
gladgirl

Yes, this is an amazing home. People are so helpful, knowledgeable, and just sweet and kind. I am happy to be here and have gleaned much over the years.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 03:03 PM  
snapfish45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
What she said!
Ditto!

Snap out of it!
snapfish45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
imaginary friends, vf love