Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-13, 06:39 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

www.herroom.com has a large selection of bras of all kinds, including sports bras. They stock a wide variety of sizes and returns are easy.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-13, 05:48 PM  
IvysMom

thanks everyone!

pamzee--i'm going to try out the seven wonders. i love the look of the back, and it looks like it'll do its job just from skimming the reviews.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-13, 07:44 PM  
MKEMom

I'm also a 34D, and for a cheaper alternative to the very excellent suggestions offered, I like Old Navy's "molded cup" sports bras. I bought a couple one day (they're usually $10 each when you buy two) thinking I would only use them for low impact stuff, but they were so surprisingly supportive that I use them for high impact, including running. I got a size medium.
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-13, 08:36 PM  
LauraBella

Honestly, I wear two. I'm also a 34D. I wear a "normal" bra and layer it with a sports bra. ;/
Old 07-09-13, 09:00 PM  
seabliss

I like the Champion maximum support line. Not too pricey, either, especially with sales!
Old 07-09-13, 10:29 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvysMom View Post
thanks everyone!

pamzee--i'm going to try out the seven wonders. i love the look of the back, and it looks like it'll do its job just from skimming the reviews.
That's the Movong Comfort Juno bra.not sure why they given it a different name. .I have a couple and like them. If here's an REI near you, they carry the Juno, so you could try it on before buying.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-13, 11:12 PM  
suegy3

I'm a 38i and Enell rocks! I wouldn't attempt impact workouts without one.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-13, 10:00 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

This thread caused me to finally admit that I am no longer 36B due to weight gain in the past 18 months or so and go in search of a more supportive sports bra. And, FWIW, I have a fairly large ribcage/broad shoulders no matter what I weigh.

I tried several bras from kohls.com, herroom and zappos.

The Champion 6209 Double Dry Distance (40-42 C/D) was comfy, had a relatively low uniboob factor, esp considering it has underwire, but not quite enough support for jumping around in.

The Natori 731050 Power Yogi was even more comfy (also underwire), also less uniboob factor, but again not quite enough support (for me) to jump around in (e.g. high impact step, jumping jacks, etc.). I would've needed to try on a 38C or 40C to find out for sure but the price point was too high relative to the Fiona or Champion 1602 for me to bother.

The Champion 1602 Double Dry Spot Comfort (40D) was pretty comfy and had good support/compression for jumping, if you don’t mind uniboob (which I don’t). I was able to get a couple from herroom for $30 each (unpopular colors?) so I may keep them at that price (this was even cheaper than using a coupon on kohls.com).

The Moving Comfort Fiona was more comfy than the Champion 1602 (straps, seams, etc.) and equally supportive. I had to size down to a 40C in this one. I ordered 2 more from movingcomfort.com because they had some available in awesome prices/colors ($27 each!) and free shipping both ways (orders over $50) like zappos (although shipping will be slower). I also ordered a couple Moving Comfort Jubralees to try out as they had my size in cute colors for $32 (must be last season’s or something).

The Moving Comfort Juno (40D) did not work for me. It was like trying to get myself in/out of a straightjacket. I almost strained some back/shoulder muscles. I don’t think I can fairly review this one as I just don’t think it was meant for my body.

The Champion 6843 Shape Scoop Back (40D) was another disaster. The band seemed to run really tight (like it was missing 2 inches in length) so I couldn’t even hook myself up in it, and what parts of myself I was able to squeeze in were not comfortable.

I hope this helps others in their sports bra shopping endeavors.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-13, 05:10 PM  
JulieIL

Another vote for the Enell ultimate bra (unsure of the official name- Title Nine calls it the Last Resort Bra). I do have to warn you, though, that this bra is seriously ugly & almost embarrassing to wear in public (mashes breasts in a very high unnatural position). I've heard people comparing it to a bulletproof vest, but I must say you will NOT bounce- at all!

Moving Comfort Fiona bra from amazon also provides great support (though at 30D-DD I do still bounce a bit), & it's a lot prettier & more flattering. I will actually wear this one when in public.

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-13, 10:03 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I also still had some bounce in the Fiona but it was tolerable for my workouts.

I once saw my sister's Enell (30 or 32 D-ish?) in her suitcase. It was a bit scary looking, but I guess it was the only thing that worked for her running.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bra, sports bra