Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-13, 07:08 PM  
Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
I have a blue folder on my descktop. do I name this folder, say Jessica.

When I get a download to my computer through the download software, it now goes into my itunes library.

So what do I do? i point to the itunes library movies and move that file to that folder? And it will work there? it will open up and I can see it?/play it?

Then on my desktop I can see folders with instructors names. So when I open that folder is there going to be a list of Videos in there? How do they get named in there?
Based on your reply that you play your downloads from your iTunes folder, here is my suggestion.

Create sub folders right within the iTunes folder to store your collection, instead of saving them to your desktop.

A. On your computer, navigate into the iTunes folder. You will see a list of all workouts. They may be in a sub folder called videos within the iTunes folder. iTunes may have even created sub folders within the videos folder.
B. To create a folder within the iTunes folder (or if your videos are in the iTunes/videos folder, go there first), right click (if your laptop is Windows) and select "new folder".
C. Change the name of the folder that gets created. It may most likely be called "New Folder". Right click on the name of the folder and select "Rename". It will allow you to overwrite the name. Make it "Jessica".
D. Now move your Jessica workouts from wherever they are into the Jessica folder within the iTunes folder. The easiest way to do this is drag and drop. Leave the empty Jessica folder open in a window. Open a new "my computer" window. Navigate again to iTunes folder. Drag your Jessica workouts from one window and drop them into the other.

Now repeat these steps to make sub folders for workouts from other instructors or for other genres.

Let me know how this goes.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-13, 07:27 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Cool. Thanks fee. I love learning. If I can learn something every day, that makes me happy for the day.

I learned about 1password today and love it.
And Dropbox too...

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-13, 09:17 AM  
newellcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Vee what software are u using to rip the DVDs to the computer?
There is some discussion here, http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=183008
newellcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-13, 10:11 AM  
horsemom2

Just wanted to mention that many of these discussions were before Freemake Video converter was released. This wonderful software does it all for Windows users.

download available at
www.freemake.com

when downloading the software, keep the boxes unchecked for other software you do not want to try.

It is faster and easier to use than anything else I have tried.
Best of all, will always be free.

What other program can download, rip, convert and burn over 10 hours of videos onto a single dvdr?

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-13, 01:35 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I think someone just wanted to know what Vee uses. Not whether or not this has another thread because it pertains to her,

Is it not okay to want to know another way or something other then what is in other threads. Sometimes other people can interject another way to help someone.

~~~Cheryl

Old 03-05-13, 02:41 PM  
newellcr

Cheryl, I am guessing that you are commenting on my reply. I didn't want to limit the discussion. I had the same question as pharmagal yesterday, but my account didn't allow me to post. I dug some more and found a thread where Vee mentioned the software she was using. That's why I posted the thread link. Let's discuss it and explore, I'm all for it.

Cheers,

Christopher
Old 03-05-13, 03:30 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Christopher, partly some. It seems that when people discuss downloadeing there is always there is a thread here or *google is my best friend* type answer. It's not that we don't know about google. It's what pertains to the OP or the person of whom was asked the question. We don't know what Vee uses so why can't she respond and tell us more? If she uses what has already been posted in other threads, again, so what. let's hear from here. And again, Suppose that person wasn't in those threads and this just caught her attention. There are a number of reasons for the question and I just think that person asking should be addressed, not send to another thread, depending on what it is. Cause Lord knows there are um-teen threads I'm sure with the same content but written by different writers.

So Christopher, no problem on your suggestion but do you see where I'm coming from also?

~~~Cheryl

Old 03-05-13, 08:03 PM  
Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Vee what software are u using to rip the DVDs to the computer?
Pharma_gal, I am sorry, I did not notice your post earlier.

Earlier, I used to convert DVD workouts to a more compact format so that it would take less space on the hard drive. I have tried many options of free and not free software from slysoft clonedvdmobile to handbrake to videora. The advantage with this option is that the video can be synced to an ipad/iPhone.

Now I prefer to store the DVDs in a format known as ISO image (this format is still the native dvd video format) on the hard drive. I use dvdshrink which is a free software to read the DVD and produce an ISO image file on my hard drive. This way I get to play the menu and access all the premixes.

Many workout DVDs are copy protected. If your conversion program does not decrypt the copy protection, you may need another software to be installed on your computer to deal with copy protection. I use a software (free) called dvd43.
Old 03-05-13, 08:04 PM  
Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Cool. Thanks fee. I love learning. If I can learn something every day, that makes me happy for the day.

I learned about 1password today and love it.
And Dropbox too...
Great attitude. I love to learn but will try to be as passionate about you to find something new everyday.
Old 03-05-13, 08:51 PM  
newellcr

Cheryl, yes, I follow you. I suspected what you mentioned in your response, but wanted to check. I've been lurking the forum for a couple of months now. I like to be a good community member and fit in so I commented again.

I've looked into dvd rippers in the past and found that Wikipedia has a very detailed page on DVD ripper software and hyperlinks to describe the technical jargon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvd_ripper

Christopher

Tags
digital, digital storage, download to dvd, ripping dvds, storage, tech