Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-13, 10:47 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee View Post
I organise my hard drive into folders. I have separate folders for Instructors whose workouts I have plenty of, or for Systems. The rest are by genre. I find it easier than searching through shelves for DVDs.
agggg... I sure do need more computer understanding of folders. where to make them... I think I"ll have to research this. Right down what you said so someone can help me do this.

Thank you

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 11:21 AM  
Irisg1

Since purchasing a Roku, I have been putting workouts on flash drives. It makes it soo convenient to use. Especially when you are doing a rotation. Instead of flipping through DVD's, they are all at my finger-tips on a flash drive. I have been working out at of the Roku lots lately, since I have youtube workouts also plexed. I feel like I rarely use DVD's these days, and I think I like it that way, lol.
Old 03-02-13, 05:03 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
agggg... I sure do need more computer understanding of folders. where to make them... I think I"ll have to research this. Right down what you said so someone can help me do this.

Thank you
on Windows you can make a new folder wherever you want by right clicking the mouse where you want a new folder.

I think holding down the Control key while clicking the mouse works on a MAC but not sure.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 08:51 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Yes, that did make a folder but why do I want a folder on m desktop again?

~~~Cheryl

Old 03-02-13, 10:52 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
To organize videos however you want to organize them.
and wherever, be it your desktop or any other place easily accessible to you.

If I had all my downloaded videos in separate download folders, it would be ridiculous to find what I want to play or burn.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 11:19 PM  
Vee

Quote:
Cheryl, assume you have 50 downloaded workouts. 10 are from favorite instructor A who makes both cardio and strength training videos, 15 from favorite instructor B who does barre, fusion and Pilates, 12 are cardio workouts from assorted instructors, 11 are yoga workouts fom assorted instructors and 2 are kettlebell workouts. You could create a folder each for:
Instructor A
Instructor B
Assorted Cardio
Assorted Yoga
Assorted Kettlebell

You could move the workouts into their appropriate folders, whether on your hard drive that you want o attach to the tv or at any location within your computer. Instead of having to scroll through 50 downloads in a single folder, or even worse lose track of which folder each download was saved to, you have a move convenient way now to browse and find what you want.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13, 09:10 AM  
pharma_gal

Vee what software are u using to rip the DVDs to the computer?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13, 03:39 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Cheryl, assume you have 50 downloaded workouts. 10 are from favorite instructor A who makes both cardio and strength training videos, 15 from favorite instructor B who does barre, fusion and Pilates, 12 are cardio workouts from assorted instructors, 11 are yoga workouts fom assorted instructors and 2 are kettlebell workouts. You could create a folder each for:
Instructor A
Instructor B
Assorted Cardio
Assorted Yoga
Assorted Kettlebell

You could move the workouts into their appropriate folders, whether on your hard drive that you want o attach to the tv or at any location within your computer. Instead of having to scroll through 50 downloads in a single folder, or even worse lose track of which folder each download was saved to, you have a move convenient way now to browse and find what you want.
I have a blue folder on my descktop. do I name this folder, say Jessica.

When I get a download to my computer through the download software, it now goes into my itunes library.

So what do I do? i point to the itunes library movies and move that file to that folder? And it will work there? it will open up and I can see it?/play it?

Then on my desktop I can see folders with instructors names. So when I open that folder is there going to be a list of Videos in there? How do they get named in there?

~~~Cheryl

Old 03-04-13, 07:59 AM  
Vee

Cheryl,

Before I answer,

A. How do you play your videos on your laptop currently? What software do you use to play your workout videos?
B. Do you sync videos to your ipad to to other devices?
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-13, 11:11 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Cheryl,

Before I answer,

A. How do you play your videos on your laptop currently? What software do you use to play your workout videos?
B. Do you sync videos to your ipad to to other devices?
Cool.
they are in my itunes library. I can see the begining of all that is downloaded. so I have boxes of all the videos there, big size pictures of them

When I want to see them, I just hook my computer up to the Big tv and the TV takes it from there. I put the tv on a certain *input* and then it just streams to the TV. i hit play and it does it.

2. Do I sync videos to my ipad to other devices? no.

~~~Cheryl

Tags
digital, digital storage, download to dvd, ripping dvds, storage, tech