Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-13, 01:05 PM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
In a weight workout don't tell me to go slow or at my own speed then you and your cast whip out the reps at lightning speed. Frank Sepe and MetRx 180, I'm looking at you! Tom Holland and Supreme 90, guilty as charged! Cathe with the rear delt flies, oy vey!
In Supreme 90, I was able to overlook the speed of the workout because of the pricing, but I returned MetRx 180 because of this.

I think all of us prefer an instructor that mirror cues. Tapout is the worst for inconsistent mirror cueing. I find I can adapt easier if I know the instructor is not going to mirror cue for any of the workouts rather than randomly mirror cue.
Old 01-17-13, 01:41 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

1. Instructors that do not seem genuine or professional. I can not stand an instructor who comes across to me as fake, mugging for the camera, acting "sexy", trying to be "funny" by being over the top goofy (looking at you BJ), or are incredibly manic. I need someone I can respect.

2. Mirror cuing is so incredibly important when working out to a dvd. Why can't most instructors figure this out? WHY?

3. Rests/breaks that are too long and let my heart rate come down too much. Don't waste my time!

4. Workout dvds that are not chaptered. No excuses instructors! Start doing this NOW!

5. I covered this in my thread about warm ups, but I growl and grit my teeth when there isn't an appropriate warm up before high impact. I paid for the dang dvd...I shouldn't have to do my own warm up.

Wow I thought I was pretty laid back about my dvds, but once I started typing I couldn't stop! LOL I swear, I'm not really this grumpy!
Old 01-17-13, 01:45 PM  
Keepfitgirl

Uneven reps, lack of mirror cueing and not doing the moves in time with the music (in aerobics).

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 01:47 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepfitgirl View Post
Uneven reps, lack of mirror cueing and not doing the moves in time with the music (in aerobics).

Emma
Oh yes, uneven reps...super annoying!
Old 01-17-13, 01:56 PM  
starbelly

While I can sort of understand a lack of mirror cuing in live DVDs (it's not acceptable, it is more natural), I cannot for the life of me fathom why people do not mirror cue in voiceovers! The instructor can see the action and accurately describe it as someone who is watching it. Why not make it easier for the people who are paying for your product?

Uneven reps and instructors who are nearly through a count and then go on to give form pointers on someone else and completely disregard the count then pick it up at some random point (Burr Leonard does this in the Super Sculpting videos and Marnie in Dancer's Body but they are not the only offenders).

I really have no tolerance for yelling. The woman in the Exercell video made my blood pressure shoot up to unhealthy levels with her endless screaming to a count of 8. She gave no form pointers and didn't cue ahead, she just screamed to the count of 8. There are many parties guilty of this, but I don't have their videos.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 02:02 PM  
boukilisa

+1 to everything in this thread so far.
Old 01-17-13, 02:07 PM  
katchaser1

I agree about Jari Loves's bat cave and constantly rotating the step. I like Brooke Burke but can definitely do without her constant whoooos!!! I can't buy her 2 newest dvds because of this. Workout equipment cluttering the room without being used- Kelly Coffey Meyer. Bad Music- give me and option for instructions w/o music so I can play my own.
katchaser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 02:50 PM  
shoegoddess

Too much chatter.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 02:59 PM  
mchelle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyancy View Post
Annoying background exercisers(skip in Chalean extr)
Background exercisers with bad form(instructors also)....can't stand it
Skip annoyed you in CLX the woman called Donna really annoys me with the come on chalean we can do it then smiling at camera I just want to say shut up !
mchelle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 03:09 PM  
acey

Excessively over-the-top laughing at the instructor's "jokes." This drove me INSANE in a couple of Amy Dixon's earlier workouts, I think they were for Women's Health. She had a posse of apparently adoring exercisers that screamed with laughter at every remotely humorous thing she said, like, "I'm short."

Excessive mugging and vamping for the camera, like in Crunch or Turbo Jam, are also quite annoying. And the ragged-is-so-hip clothes!

Tags
annoying, bat cave, pet peeves