Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-13, 04:13 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Another thing that annoys me is when I have to break up fights between my kids during my workout... or when my 2-yr-old climbs on my back during floor work.

But I suppose there isn't really anything that can be done about those things... if only...
OH!!! I break up fights between my 2 and 4 year olds near-daily during my workout time.

Yesterday I was doing mtn climbers and my 2 yr old shoved a tiny dolly in my face insisting I change baby's outfit. Mtn climbers are hard! That is about the last time I want a doll shoved inches from my face. Usually though my 2 youngest are pretty good about giving me my space. My oldest is 11 and she would love to hang around behind me making comments.

All of this bugs me way more than any back grounder or set.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 04:19 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
OH!!! I break up fights between my 2 and 4 year olds near-daily during my workout time.

Yesterday I was doing mtn climbers and my 2 yr old shoved a tiny dolly in my face insisting I change baby's outfit. Mtn climbers are hard! That is about the last time I want a doll shoved inches from my face. Usually though my 2 youngest are pretty good about giving me my space. My oldest is 11 and she would love to hang around behind me making comments.

All of this bugs me way more than any back grounder or set.
Yup. Sounds a lot like my house. I'll have them settled with drinks, snacks and whatever DVD they want to watch before I workout and before I'm done with the warm up I'm having to play referee.

When I finally did Tracey Mallett's Quick Blast DVD I could barely get through one 6-minute section before someone came crying to me. Ah, the joys of being Mommy.

The weird thing? If I do Zumba they'll dance around for a bit then go play in their room, no fights. If I do yoga they'll do it with me. Maybe that's a clue as to what I need to be doing.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 04:29 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
Ditto to everything above.

My newest pet peeve: background folks that look more like a wandering flash mob herd with no specific placement. I returned Pure Spice before 0:10. Reminds me too much of why I quit going to aerobics in the late 80s.
that pure spice was awful. I just looked it and and no way. ugly. Ugly. ugly.

okay back what annoys people. hijacking threads annoys me LVS

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 04:34 PM  
metalbarbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by altinker View Post
2. When we are doing something hard and the instructor gets up and walks around the room showing you someone else's form. I hate that because it pulls me off of my intensity -- if she can't do it, how does she expect me to do it. Some of the harder Bar Methods do this.
This is my #1 pp. Susan Harris from Firm Volume 1 really spoiled me! She did EVERYTHING and talked through the video in a whisper. She was the anti-Jillian. The other thing I find annoying is all the high-fives after the exercisers complete a tabata or a cyle of some sort. C'mon really?
Old 03-06-13, 05:24 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbarbie View Post
This is my #1 pp. Susan Harris from Firm Volume 1 really spoiled me! She did EVERYTHING and talked through the video in a whisper. She was the anti-Jillian. The other thing I find annoying is all the high-fives after the exercisers complete a tabata or a cyle of some sort. C'mon really?
Then stay away from Body Beast, lol! There are so many high fives they should have added it as a set.

There's something to be said for an instructor who actually does the workout with you. I think that's why I'm seriously trending towards workouts where it's just you and the trainer.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annoying, bat cave, pet peeves