Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-13, 06:36 AM  
mchelle81

Things that really annoy you in a workout

What things really annoy you in DVDs I have a few, when Jari does dvd and having step one way then not at all then other way, I havnt got the room to keep moving it that annoys me
Another is room space because they are in a studio I think sometimes they think we are all in one I can't do my Amy bento ones they take up a lot of room
And another is the exercise balls sometimes they want you to have them over your head throw them up my ceiling isn't as a high as theirs
So what things annoy you in workouts
mchelle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 08:29 AM  
olala

Tiftt!
olala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 08:47 AM  
Indy

Whooping - shrieking - everybody acting like the workout is some sort of party or sports event.

Dark spaces - bad lighting - Jari Love is the worst with this.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 08:51 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Providing a modifier in a workout is good. So then, why would you talk in the workout like following that modifier isn't as good, something to be avoided? There as a recent workout where the instructor provided the modifier and encouraged you to follow her, but they would say something like, "You can do that and it's okay, but it's so much better if you add this _____ (impact, twirl, etc.). That drives me crazy.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 09:03 AM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post

Dark spaces - bad lighting - Jari Love is the worst with this.
I agree. I love Jari's older workouts and reached for them often. I wore out Ripped & Chisel and bought a second copy. I don't like the workouts she filmed in the bat cave. It bothers my eyes and it's so dreary.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 09:13 AM  
dnna

The main thing for me is accurate mirror cuing. I have found it very maddening when an instructor is mirror cuing and then suddenly doesn't-what the heck? Why isn't this fixed in editing.
one other thing-screaming but this really just applies to Rebecca in Firm Express- she took it to a whole new level of screaming. wow, I can't believe that wasn't fixed in editing. I don't mind a few whoos of whoops but wow, a whole new level of screech was invented.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 09:21 AM  
Yelly

Instructors who can't count.
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 09:23 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
one other thing-screaming but this really just applies to Rebecca in Firm Express- she took it to a whole new level of screaming. wow, I can't believe that wasn't fixed in editing. I don't mind a few whoos of whoops but wow, a whole new level of screech was invented.
LOL! I agree!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 09:26 AM  
dela

This is going to be a long thread!

Uneven sides in Classical Stretch, I can get over uneven in a cardio workout, but I feel like a big part of the program is balance in your body, so uneven sides just doesn't make sense to me. Love the program, just don't like when she does that.

When instructors remind me how much more there is to do.

I don't like being told that I'm tired. I'll make that determination, thank you very much

I hope I'm using the right term, but mirror cuing. I understand it must be hard to say start on your right, when the instructor is actually starting on their left, but that's a huge part of leading dvd workouts IMO.

Extremely boring sets (like Ilaria's new ones). Dark sets, but honestly, I won't buy one with a dark set, it bothers me too much even in the preview.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 09:26 AM  
furmomof6

When the instructor does not-stop-talking-EVER!!! There are some workouts like this I just can't do, others I enjoy so much that I look past it. But it still annoys me.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annoying, bat cave, pet peeves