Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-13, 10:05 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Again, another one goes you don't expect. Doesn't this show twist and they end up bringing people back to fill spots or share to another team? A team can't run on 2 people can it?

And Jeff with a zero pounds lost. that just don't figure at all.

Big differences in numbers lost eh?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 01:13 PM  
firmiewannabe

Ok Last night's elimination surprised me. I felt bad for him - he seemed to be genuinely working hard. However, it looked like he's doing good at home.

Sort of hoping they do a challenge in future to let people return to the ranch due to I think both of the guys sent home would be great people to have back.

I don't know how they will work the teams going forward - having jillian's 2 remaining people double up on all the challenges seems really unfair.

Did anyone else notice - besides for Jillian being Jillian with all the yelling - the show seems kinder and gentler? So far, no snotty comments from contestants regarding the other people? I'm wondering if it's all because of the editing this year? IMO, last year became waaaaay too negative with that Conda girl and her brother so I'm hoping it will be less of that negativity this year.
firmiewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 01:27 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
(snip) Jillian is back, (snip) glad for the show she is, but I completely agree, she was too over the top for the first workout, (snip) her team looked beat down and defeated.

I also felt that since that girl went home anyway, they could have just let TC stay another week as well, and it could have stayed dramatic, where they waited until the very end to let him know he got a pass or something.

I thought they should've let him stay, too, and agree with the post above about the girl that left - she probably would have stayed with a different trainer.
Jillian was just hateful the 1st workout, and most of last night, too. If I'd been on her team, I think I'd have cursed her out when she got in my face and told me I wasn't trying and to get out of the gym... All of those people shouldn't be icing every joint in their bodies after her workouts.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 01:49 PM  
mle777

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmiewannabe View Post
Did anyone else notice - besides for Jillian being Jillian with all the yelling - the show seems kinder and gentler? So far, no snotty comments from contestants regarding the other people? I'm wondering if it's all because of the editing this year? IMO, last year became waaaaay too negative with that Conda girl and her brother so I'm hoping it will be less of that negativity this year.
That's because the male producer was fired and replaced with a female producer Jillian only agreed to come back when this new producer came on board. Apparently, this season should be gentler and contain less product placements them previous season (part of the reason Jillian left). I don't know what I'm going to do without the Jennie-O and Extra Chewing Gum references on the show

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 02:33 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
That's because the male producer was fired and replaced with a female producer Jillian only agreed to come back when this new producer came on board. Apparently, this season should be gentler and contain less product placements them previous season (part of the reason Jillian left). I don't know what I'm going to do without the Jennie-O and Extra Chewing Gum references on the show
I didn't know that's why Jillian left. And now that you mentioned it, I do like that there isn't a lot of product placements. It was getting ridiculous. Also so far, I do like everyone.

I'm going to feel bad every week regardless who goes. I didn't feel sorry for the girl because she chose to leave. I do agree that she probably would have stayed if she had Bob or Dolvett.

It seems that Bob and Dolvett do hard workouts just like Jillian. Jillian is more in your face so the contestants (including those on Bob's and Dolvett's teams) are more scared of her. It seems like she is yelling more this year.

I also like Bob and Jillian's friendship. Last year, the editor made it look like Bob and Dolvett hated each other. This year, they seem fine. I don't expect Bob and Jillian to be as close to Dolvett since they haven't worked with him that long. But it's nice not to see animosity between them.
Old 01-08-13, 02:41 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Dolvett is/was an Atlanta-area trainer.
He has had a long-time friendship with an Atlanta-area morning show DJ. He would be on the morning show long before he was on BL.
He was interviewed during the BL seasons last year and after the seasons.
My impression -- and only my impression -- from listening to the interviews was there were real tensions in the first couple of seasons between the male trainers but that Bob and Dolvett have dealt with their issues and don't have the same problems now.

That being said, you could tell in each successive interview that Dolvett became more guarded/better at spinning an answer, giving more ambiguous responses to pointed questions.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 02:50 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

What bothers me most about Jillian is that she uses negative reinforcement by yelling and saying things like, "get your sorry a** out of my gym!" By calling people names and belittling them, she is reinforcing their negative opinions of themselves. Just because someone who is completely out of shape cannot run 5 mph on the treadmill during their first workout doesn't mean that they deserve to be called names or thrown out of the gym (5 mph is fast, especially for someone who never ran before). People respond to positive reinforcement and encouragement FAR better than negative. Comments like, "good for you---you are trying hard---keep on going," are better than, "you are lazy---you don't want to try---you don't deserve to be here."

I know we've said it before, but this show sends a message to people who are out of shape and who may want to start an exercise program, that you have to kill yourself to get in shape and lose weight. It makes exercising look like sheer torture. If I never exercised before and saw that show and thought that if I exercise, I would faint and throw up, I would never start.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 03:09 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
What bothers me most about Jillian is that she uses negative reinforcement by yelling and saying things like, "get your sorry a** out of my gym!" By calling people names and belittling them, she is reinforcing their negative opinions of themselves. Just because someone who is completely out of shape cannot run 5 mph on the treadmill during their first workout doesn't mean that they deserve to be called names or thrown out of the gym (5 mph is fast, especially for someone who never ran before). People respond to positive reinforcement and encouragement FAR better than negative. Comments like, "good for you---you are trying hard---keep on going," are better than, "you are lazy---you don't want to try---you don't deserve to be here."

I know we've said it before, but this show sends a message to people who are out of shape and who may want to start an exercise program, that you have to kill yourself to get in shape and lose weight. It makes exercising look like sheer torture. If I never exercised before and saw that show and thought that if I exercise, I would faint and throw up, I would never start.
Abbe, I agree with what you said. I'm glad that the two women said something to her last night. It seemed to soften her up a little because she started saying a little more positive things (along with the negative). I also hate when they show people throwing up. It's so gross. And I feel so bad for everyone that falls off the treadmill. That has got to hurt.
Old 01-08-13, 03:15 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post

Very well said!
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 09:25 PM  
GotToBeFit

But after Jillian had a sit down session with her team and one told her that she gets paralyzed when Jill yells. She requested to be handled a different way and Jillian obliged. The woman did cry and what not and Jill was about to blow her top and then the woman did what Jill asked. Jill acknowledged that she got the work done in the end.

Tags
2013, biggest loser