Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-26-12, 10:33 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

This thread helped me remember what I bought this year.

BEST:
Ultimate Yogi - the set, Foundations, Short & Sweet
Jillian Body Revolution
TA sculpting wos - I've been using her wos for awhile but I'm always trying new ones
Tonique Dynamic Sculpting Disc 1 (the cardio/legs one)
Buti
AOS Firepower - I like other AOS DVDs but this was the only one that I bought during last year's 50% off sale
Brooklyn Bridge
Lauren's Volume 3 - this is new to me this year. I love the kb\suspension wo and wish there were more wos like this. The other kb wos in this DVD are good too but I like the combo of kb and suspension in a wo.

Mandala round yoga mat

Jury Is Still Out:
Kettlebell Kickboxing - I like the workouts but I've only done each one once. I need to do them more often since they are really good.

Worst:
Yodates - Not enough yoga and the cardio was too repetitive. It didn't raise my heart rate up at all. I did like the Pilates ring section but it was short.
Old 12-26-12, 10:38 PM  
woodie

Best - Buti - absolutely love BUTI!

Worst - JNL Fusion - it just didn't go well for me. Not my thing anymore.

woodie

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-12, 11:14 PM  
boukilisa

Best:

Jessica Smith Cardio Abs
Jessica Smith Better Body Blast
Angie Miller Bedroom Body
Angie Miller Crave Results
Ilaria Atletica 2
KCM Start Here
Tracie Long Reboot 2
Tracie Long Defining Shape

Most Disappointing:

Ani Mairs Fierce Force
Gilad Lord of the Abs
KCM Plateau Buster
Cathe Crossfire (finally giving up on Cathe - same old, same old)
Old 12-27-12, 06:44 AM  
cecififi

Best:

Cathe's TTM + Crossfire
Delta Fit - love BJ and his workouts. Both my DH and I are using this one regularly
V-Core
Exhale Core Fusion - Yoga, Pilates, Total Body etc...
Element Power Yoga with Ashley Turner
Blissology (got that for DH for xmas last year and have used it all year)
Mike Donavanik - Extreme Burn
H/C - love these
Was Amy Dixon's newest this year? That's a good one too

Worst:

Anni's Fierce Force - that's a bit too tough for me so haven't been using it
Aerobarre - I just don't understand it
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 08:03 AM  
alisoncooks

Best:
I really loved TA Mat for a solid month.
Lisa Tarbell's Pilates for Runners got a lot of use from me.

Worst:
I didn't have any terrible dvds (most were just "meh" for me) but I guess the treadmill would be my worst, when it comes to price/use ratio -- high price/low use.
Les Mills pump bombed for me, too, but I sold it so quickly that I barely count it as a purchase.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 08:52 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Best Purchase:
I bought several of Lee Holden's Qi Gong DVDs and he is great! (I haven't found my qi yet, but I just know it's in there somewhere.)

Worst Purchases:

Tai Cheng - I made it two days and then couldn't bear to go on. What a complete snooze! Returned it ASAP.

Body Beast - DH is doing this rotation and just listening to Sagi annoys the hell out of me. DH thinks that Sagi is even more annoying than Tony Horton! I will never do Body Beast.

Jury Out: I bought Ultimate Yogi and DDP Yoga, but then was ill for several months and never got started. I've done some of the workouts and like them so far.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 09:05 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Best

Rushfit. I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed this program. No huge changes in my physique, but I didn't expect that--I don't have weight to lose. I did get stronger and more physically fit. It was fun to feel like an athlete, and the program uses very minimal equipment--a mat and some dumbbells. That was a huge plus (are you listening, Cathe?) Rushfit and Power 90 are the only two formal rotations I have ever completed. I will re-visit Rushfit sometime in 2013, and I would be all over Rushfit II, if GSP and Erik Owings decided to do a sequel.

My own homegrown 40 day yoga sadhana. I really enjoyed this, and will do it again in 2013. I did whatever yoga I felt like--kundalini, hatha, ashtanga, Bikram-esque--for 40 days. I got stronger, more flexible, and more relaxed. By mixing up the yoga practices I did, I also didn't get overuse injuries, as has happened before when doing too much ashtanga or power yoga for too long.

Worst

JNL Fusion. It really frosted me that this program cost as much as P90X and didn't include warmups or cooldowns, just so she could claim "30 minutes a day!" For that kind of money, I don't want to be doing my own warmups, thanks very much. JNL also bugged me, so I didn't complete the rotation.

Meh

Ultimate Yogi. You'd think that I would have been all over this one, given that yoga is my primary form of exercise. I did the program for a month, and I had to stop. The chatturangas got to be too much for me, and Travis's non-stop talking drove me crazy. I will say that I think it is a very well-designed yoga program with excellent production values. I would recommend it to anyone with yoga experience who is looking for a challenge, but keeping in mind that Travis literally does not stop talking for the entire length of each practice. I found it especially bothersome during the meditation portions.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 09:53 AM  
lavna

Best:
- Cathe Crossfire and To the Max
- Horizontal conditionning Vol. 3 and Getting started (I have Vol. 1 & 2 but have done thme only once): It's not love (they are hard!) but they are very good
- Breathless body 2

Disapointments:
- Firm DVDs: I got a lot of pink firms and didn't like them: not enough intensity, didn't like the compound moves
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 11:09 AM  
Sharaz

Best new purchases/trade in 2012 due to instant love and more use

JNL Fusion
Body Beast
Tracy's Metabolic Conditioning Series
Pop Physique
V-Core
UY (just attempted some and very pleased with it)
Cathe Low Impact Circuit
Amy Drop Set Strength
The Pit Workout (two disk set)
One on One Iso Abs
Ballet Fitness by Jennee
The ART Method
Animal Conditioning

Worst

Delta Fit - Kind what Kitty said. I just can't see myself reaching to this.
Old 12-27-12, 12:02 PM  
lrb04

The Cream of the Crop:

• Anything Leslie because 2012 , I first tried her workouts
  • Reboots 1 & 2 Always love Tracie Long!!!
  • Ellen's Grace & Gusto; Fat Burning Fusion (need for more)Mary's sale will bring more my way!!!!! I just fond her last month!!!! Would like a slow-Robics like DVD released!!!!

• Great Additions:
  • KCM 30 MTF. ( I love the 30" choice & Kelly). I like QF, PB, YBB, start here & step kickboxing
  • The Firm Time Crunch with Allie

No loser but some will be used more than others!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 best and worst, best of, kathryn budig, met-rx, met-rx 180, this is yoga