Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-12, 01:05 PM  
RedPanda

Best
TRX and TRX DVDs
Steve Cotter's Extreme Kettlebell Workout
P90X2 - I made great gains with this set and look forward to revisiting it in 2013
Art of Strength: Providence

Jury still out
Cardio Karate - I've only done two of the DVDs so far, was less than thrilled, and hope I like the others more

Worst
None - the benefit of wise buying!
Old 12-26-12, 01:06 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

BEST
Tapout XT - I like it so much I may have to cave on the second set and buy it at full price, rather than waiting for a bargain. I can thank Supreme 90 for getting me to FINALLY do pushups on my toes ..but I can thank Tapout XT for being able to do MANY of them at once on my toes! Also I can really crank out situps now like never before. I also think Mike is highly entertaining.

Cathe Cross Fire - love that music! Aside from Turbo Jam/Turbo Fire (not a purchase of 2012) this DVD has the best music of my collection.

Fierce Force - do chapters from this all the time, seriously! This one is just a great advanced workout.

GOOD (potentially even better once I have more time with them)
Ultimate Yogi - sometimes I stop at the 40 minute mark or so cause I just don't usually do yoga for an hour. Nevertheless, I really enjoy what I hvae done of them (Cross Train-all of it, and Flexibility-halfsie, so far). Pushed over the edge on this set from the Deep Discount sale.

Cardio Karate - enjoyed two of the cardio workouts I've tried (one from Amy and Steve's) although I think Steve's may have tweaked my shoulder, something that so far never happens for me! That kind of scared me...so I haven't gotten back to this.

Art of Strength Firepower - love it, don't get me wrong, but not in love with it like with Providence.

Jillian's Body Revolution - this would be a BEST for sure - very high quality and great variety of workouts, and I love Jillian. But I don't like her constant references to weight loss - that doesn't usually bother me, but by Phase 2 or onto Phase 3 she's congratulating you on all the weight you've already lost...and if you haven't (for those of us that need to work on diet ) it is a little disconcerting. Nevertheless, this is a GREAT set.

Killer Abs - great workouts but not as highly enjoyable as 6W6P.

WORST
DeltaFit - bought it on impulse and did the first phase of workouts, they were too easy and I lost interest. I am sure they get harder but just not motivated to get back to them (also BJ is sort of crazy ), wish I hadn't been impulsive Nevertheless, I'm sure I'll revisit them at some point. I would like to master the "Workout from Hell" or at least have done it once!
Old 12-26-12, 02:11 PM  
kitty12

Best:

Anything Ultimate Yogi!!
JNL Fusion
Rushfit
Jillian Body Revolution (only did Phase 2 & 3)
Tara Stiles This is Yoga (at $20 for 4 DVDs an excellent set)

Good - but only finished one week:

Les Mills Combat Ultimate Warrior package (includes add-on DVDs)

Worst:

Deltafit - I could write a very similar comment as Emily. I purchased also on impulse based on all the excitement and despite not really being swayed by the clips. I tried Phase 1 and it was too easy, and I lost interest. I did, however, learn a lesson from that, and completely skipped Phase 1 with JMBR as I was afraid of falling into the same Phase 1 trap. Well, and besides not sure I wanted to do 90 days.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-12, 02:21 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Best:
Ultimate Yogi
Delta Fit
Amy Dixon On the Edge
Jessica Smith Cardio Abs
Sara Ivanhoe Taste

Middle-of-the-Road
Body Combat

Worst:
Burst Fit (bad impulse buy)

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-12, 02:40 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Best:

Ultimate Yogi - even though I never completed a rotation it's the only yoga set that I reach for. No dread whatsoever.

Fitbit Ultra - it motivates me to walk.

Cathe's Turbobarre - I prefer her athletic take on barre and she's never annoying.

Cathe's LIS circuit workouts - love them all!

Pop Physique - love the instructors, the funky vibe, and the routines.

Verdict still out:

Jillian's Body Revolution - got through the first phase. I like it, but I'm not seeing results in my lower body like a do with barre stuff. Plus, some of the exercises bother my knees.

Body Combat - just got it and have only previewed. Will have to consider it a 2013 purchase.

Crossfire - lots of raves for this one on here but I've only done it once and can't remember much about it. Will have to pull it out again.

Misses

P90X 2 - Tried one workout. Huge dread factor. Should have waited for the reviews.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-12, 02:46 PM  
Daphne M

BEST PURCHASES - these workouts show up again and again on my fitness log.
Kelly Coffey-Meyer - Split Sessions and Your Best Body. (Not new in 2012, but new to me in 2012.) I'm late to the "30 Minutes to Fitness" party, but love these.
10 Minute Solution - Quick Sculpt Pilates with Mini-Ball. Another workout that was not new, but was new to me. Loved it.
Flexible Warrior - Flexibility and Foam Roller workout. Awesome.
Spinervals - 4th Quarter Grind, No Limits and Pain Cave. Yes, it is called Pain Cave. I love it anyway.
Pure Strength - sure it came out in 1999, but I just got in in DVD form this summer. Still solid well-designed workouts.
Low Impact Series - Technically a cheat since they came out in late 2011, but I've been thrilled with (almost all of) these workouts.
Saucony running gloves - Both a mitten and a glove, they keep my fingers toasty warm even when I'm running in single digit weather. They work with a touchscreen AND they've got a little built-in light for those of us who run in the dark. Worth the $45.
Sugoi cycling shorts - twice as much as I've ever spent for padded bike shorts, but a true salvation with all the cycling I've been doing. Bless you, Sugoi.

WORST PURCHASES
V-Core. A decent workout for many people, but the exercises just about crippled me.
Cycle Max - The cast is adorable but the workout is horrendous. Stand, stand, stand, hover, stand ... oh the horror the humanity.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-12, 02:48 PM  
cam522

BEST: - Met Rx 180 - without a doubt my ABSOLUTE best fitness purchase of my lifetime!!!! I could give up just about every one of my DVDs with the exception of Pilates & Yoga and be perfectly happy (won't happen though!) I'm 52 and have been working out with VHS & DVDs consistently (or almost) since 1990, before that I belonged to Fitness USA, actually I still do I bought a lifetime membership.

I won't say WORST but for some reason I can't make it past the 6th Week with Jillian's Body Revolution, I've tried twice - BUT sometime in 2013 I WILL complete it!

...Cheryl
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-12, 02:56 PM  
lesia

Best Finds of 2012:

JNL Fusion
DeltaFit
DailyBurn Inferno System
(best new find of the year!)

I don't have any Worst because I'm very picky about what I like. Believe you me, it's taken me years to develop this.

2013 is going to the year of ME!

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-12, 07:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Best - Jillian Michaels Body Revolution
Les Mills Pump

Probably eventually on my "Best" list - Ultimate Yogi

Worst - Tai Cheng - possibly my worst purchase ever! Sent that puppy back fast!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-12, 07:33 PM  
sunday

Best:
Pop Physique - Love the girls, the workouts and, yes, the outfits

Tracey Mallet's Cardio Lean - Fun and difficult

Xen Strength - Very cool yoga with strength training

My Yoga Online membership - Best yoga workouts and teachers I've ever done!

- If there were any worst ones I've completely erased them from my mind.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 best and worst, best of, kathryn budig, met-rx, met-rx 180, this is yoga