Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-12, 04:08 PM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
oh, .. Alrighty then thank you for the explanation. So when someone does something not so appealing in their life do they have to live with a name for the rest of it?
My sentiments exactly!!
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 04:19 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmom View Post
my sentiments exactly!!
ita.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 04:49 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
oh, .. Alrighty then thank you for the explanation. So when someone does something not so appealing in their life do they have to live with a name for the rest of it?
It is definitely a generational thing. If someone did what she did now, they'd be considered a terrorist. End of rant.

I TOTALLY agree with doing more Yoga. But I also am not going to give up my 'tough' workouts. We are all educated exercisers and hopefully know what works for us.

When I'm 74, if I can still do heavy weights and cardio I'm still going to do it.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 05:37 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Just a reminder that we don't allow political discussion here, so let's stick to the exercise side of Fonda's history. Thanks.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 05:38 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I'm glad she's become more forgiving of her body. Given her problems with eating disorders over the years, it's not surprising to me that she saw/used her early workouts for 'pain' - another way of punishing what she considered to be an inadequate body covering an inadequate person.

I'll stay out of the politics - got spanked by WWWendy a few years back when I got into JF's politics, and I deserved it - but I will give a shout out for her autobiography My Life So Far which has some insight into her relationship with her body over the years, her exercise regimen and how the Jane Fonda Workout and studios came into being.
Old 12-04-12, 05:40 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I have that book on my Kindle and I keep forgetting about it. I think I started it, but never finished it.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 06:33 PM  
Luma

I think she has had a hip replacement and a knee replacement (or 2 hips?). She was demonstrating her AM/PM Yoga on "Live with Kelly & Michael" this morning, and she was doing moves I didn't think people with hip replacement could ever do again . . .

Anybody familiar with videos of exercise after hip replacement? Want to know all the facts before I agree to this surgery.
Luma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-12, 05:17 PM  
Jane C
VF Supporter

Did you see Jane on Watch What Happens Live?

I haven't been around for a while, but I dropped by because I saw Jane Fonda with Sandra Bernhard on Watch What Happens Live a couple of night ago. It was so much fun, and had several exercise video moments. Some of them are here.
http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/videos

Jane is fascinating to watch in this era of her life. Shes beautiful, has some depth and is quick witted.

Joni - I love that you're brought the "Joni-O" to Kindle.

I'm curious about the style of yoga in Jane's new dvd - from the brief clip it looked kundalini-ish.

Re: joint injuries - when you see Jane's 1980s workouts (there are some clips on WWHL) its not too much of surprise -but we all did that - high impact on cement gym floors. Yikes.

Its the joints that go. I'm rehabbing my 12 year old dog - Petunia - right now - she had ACL knee surgery this week. Staying slim hasn't been problem for her - she just likes to play hard and I'm concerned my new bamboo floors might have created some joint instability. My core integration is challenged by hoisting her 60 lbs down the stairs.

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, idolator, worshipper of fire,
come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.

Rumi
Jane C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jane fonda