Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-12, 07:06 AM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila_says View Post
KCM's sets always bothered me --- ugly, cluttered, & off-putting, especially the ones that have the little 'coffee area'.

I don't have many of her workouts but that coffee area bugs me too.

Dislike:
=> Jenny Ford's sets - too "I'm using my own living room"
=> Mindy Mylrea - the parking garage is so cheap looking. I keep expecting a car to drive by, or a car alarm or a 'chirp, chirp' of someone locking their car
=> Firm Mansion - feels waaaaaay too pretentious to me
=> Any workout that puts the instructor or participants on raised circular platforms. I spend the whole workout worrying that they'll fall off & can't concentrate.
=> Tonique 2 - too 80s
=> Original Taebo set w/ the red curtains. It looks like it was filmed at some local dinner theatre.

The ones where I hate the living room concept is odd because I really like the TA apartment sets & Debbie Sieber's workouts don't bother me. Maybe it's the decorating or it there's LOTS of space & windows??

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-12, 07:16 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
Is no one else bothered by the depressing garage that Paul Katami uses in Kettlebell Kombos? It also makes the sound quality terrible.
Brick walls are such a cliche in kettlebell workouts. Maybe that's why I'm attracted to the Iron Cores - the cheerful yellow walls are a refreshing change of pace from the usual torture-chamber look.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-12, 08:33 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Other than Gilad's gorgeous Hawaiian scenery (or other pretty outdoor backgrounds) I'm drawn to personal-looking (or at least original) 'homey' sets myself, especially if it's one instructor and the homes are real, that is. Love Erin O'Brien's cozy living room overlooking her patio. I like the bright spacious 'loft' set in Kathy Smith's Ageless DVDs, and the garage/garden set in Brooke Burke's videos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lila_says View Post
KCM's sets always bothered me --- ugly, cluttered, & off-putting, especially the ones that have the little 'coffee area'.
I never liked the CIA set, no matter what Greg did with it, but I really like the spacious room with the green curtains and huge windows, where you can see the trees moving on the outside. That's a nice room set.

Generally though, if it can't be outdoors then any bright spacious room with large windows overlooking a *real* outside view (ex. Ilaria's studio) is usually fine. I hate cramped, dark and overcrowded. And a set without windows feels positively claustrophobic to me!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-12, 08:35 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
=> Mindy Mylrea - the parking garage is so cheap looking. I keep expecting a car to drive by, or a car alarm or a 'chirp, chirp' of someone locking their car
Joan
Oh yeah, I dislike parking garage sets! Got rid of Lalofit for the same reason, but his - with the dark shadows and silhouettes - *really* creeped me out! I felt like I was watching a B-grade late night Showtime thriller...
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
background sets, settings, workout background sets, workout sets