Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-04-12, 10:33 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I think CIA sets are pretty bad, like the huge red circle or the cow skull. Both of these sets Joyce Vedral used for her dvd's.
I remember a Gay Gasper CIA workout that used the green/red circle setting. I was waiting for Bob Barker to step in and announce the next pricing game!

I would say that's probably the worst one I have seen, or maybe Charlene Prickett's stark white setting.....
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 11:03 PM  
lila_says

KCM's sets always bothered me --- ugly, cluttered, & off-putting, especially the ones that have the little 'coffee area'.
lila_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-12, 02:33 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

at first, i thought this was a thread about dissing an entire series ("sets" of DVDs). i thought "wow, a VFer blows their money on an entire series and can't find 1 redeeming disc in it.... so tragic."

i don't like dark sets. i want to be able to see the instructor and the cast in lots of light.

also, i don't like when they squish lots of people onto a set, as in barry's bootcamp (academy series).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-12, 07:06 AM  
bethellen

I like bright, crisp, clean sets - like Firm BSS 1, 2. I also like color coordinated outfits - where the instructor and backgrounders are all wearing the same or similar.

I don't like dark sets. I always want someone to turn the darn lights on.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-12, 08:15 AM  
imhere2dance

Unless I missed it, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Leslie's studio yet. LOL. It doesn't bother me at all, but I know a lot of people hate the black curtains.

I can't think of any I hate at the moment, but I generally prefer bright sets without clutter.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-12, 08:16 AM  
Kesal

I hate those trellis things in the background of some of Ellen Barrett's studio workouts. I don't know why, but they really, really bother me.

Also, the all white sets in some of Charlene Prickett's dvds are such a turn off that I'd never even consider buying them, even though the workouts sound good.

I don't mind dark backgrounds. I like the atmosphere in the BSS3s, and Tracie Long's early TLTs, especially the Yorktown set.
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-12, 08:17 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
Unless I missed it, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Leslie's studio yet. LOL. It doesn't bother me at all, but I know a lot of people hate the black curtains.

I can't think of any I hate at the moment, but I generally prefer bright sets without clutter.
Several posts mentioned dark sets in general; Leslie's former set definitely falls into this category! I for one am glad she's using that brighter set now.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-12, 08:25 AM  
Irisg1

Dark sets are a deal breaker for me. I can't even get myself to buy anymore Jari Love workouts, because the set is always soo dark. Not to mention the outfits they wear are usually pretty bad too.
Old 10-05-12, 08:27 AM  
PeakFitness

I hate very dark sets- I think the darkest I've seen is Jari Love Revved to the Max. Horrible!
Old 10-05-12, 08:29 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

LOL at Shrine of Equipment Not Used! Some of the strength workouts on Comcast have kettlebells in the background, yet they don't get used in the workouts - thanks for the tease

The blond-paneling-big-windows sets may be getting cliched but I prefer them over the dark, prison-gym sets. I kind of miss the colorful CIA sets. The "Gap set" (Hi-Lo Heaven, etc.) and "Chinese restaurant" were among my favorites.

That Gay Gasper one looks like she filmed it in one of the hotel ballrooms that DCAC and other fitness shows are held in. One way to save money, I guess.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
background sets, settings, workout background sets, workout sets